SEPTEMBER 18th/OCTOBER 16th (1) KINDLE FIRE HD8 GIVEAWAY (3) REVIEW COPIES of SARAH'S SMILE ALL ASSIGNED

GIVEAWAY EVENT - Kicks off at

"Live" Chat SEPTEMBER 18th at 8 PM

Eastern Standard Time

ABOUT BOOK: Romance. Heartbreak. Scandal. Secrets. Second Chances.

In 1902, Sarah McCall is waiting to leave for the mission field when the man she once loved steps back into her life. Abandoned as a child by her mother and gambler father, she strives to overcome a tarnished history she didn’t create and a heartbreak she can’t forget.

Peter Caswell returns to his Wisconsin hometown a pastor, dedicated to his four-year-old daughter and new congregation. But no matter how hard he tries to move on with his life, he can’t forgive himself for his wife’s death.

When Sarah learns that Peter is returning to Riverton, the letter giving her departure date for Africa can’t come soon enough for her. They were best friends—she loved him and supported his dreams—but he married another and broke her heart. Although ten years have passed since he left Riverton, Peter hopes Sarah still cares enough to give him a second chance. But a charming newcomer pursues her affections—and Sarah’s childhood nemesis manipulates her way into Peter’s life. Will Sarah and Peter find their way to forgiveness and each other, or will past mistakes make a life together impossible?

Author’s Notes

The story is influenced by my hometown, Prairie Farm, Wisconsin, and some of the people who lived there in the early 1900s. My parents also grew up in that rural community. Prairie Farm, the oldest settlement in Barron County, was built along Hay River. It began to develop when the Knapp-Stout Company (lumber) made their headquarters there in 1848.

Because the story is fiction and comes purely from my imagination, I changed the names of people who I based some of my characters on, as well as some of the town’s buildings and layout.

How does the town’s history relate to the story? I included some of the buildings/businesses in the story that actually existed in 1902.

Peter’s congregation worshiped in the original Lutheran church where the new building stands today. Both my father and I were baptized there, and my parents still attend.

The Wing’s Opera House—long gone—did hold various forms of entertainment and community activities.

The Sprague Hotel (Sherlock Hotel in the story) was built in 1875. It burned down in 1899, but was rebuilt and ready for business in sixty days. The hotel no longer stands.

George and Alice Carter are based on real people. George and Alice Scott greatly impacted the community with their faith, leadership, generosity, and service. Mr. Scott later became a state senator.

Sarah’s place of employment in the story is the Home Store (later called the Farmer’s Store), built in 1902 by Mr. Scott. The building resembled an old Spanish mission, and the descriptions—inside and out—are accurate to the best of my ability. It became known as the most beautiful store of its kind in the country and drew many visitors to the small town of 330 people. Sadly, the store burned down in 1948 and was never rebuilt.

The Carters’ three-story, 26-room mansion featured in the book was built by George Scott near the river in 1898. It still stands today and is privately owned. Mr. Scott did indeed build a rollercoaster for his children on the top floor.

In the late 1800s and early 1900s, the town’s Memorial Day celebration was a grand affair and drew participants from all over the country.

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. If you could learn any language what would it be? Why?

2. Out of all the electronic devices out there, what would you most like to own and/or try out? Why?

3. What is the last movie you went to see in the theater?

CONGRATS TO 3 WINNERS

of REVIEW BOOKS

1. Kimberly McCarthy

2. Bonnie Kaiser

3. Kate Burlakoff

PLEASE Send me your contact information to Dawn Kinzer dawn@dawnkinzer.com

NOTE: If you are interested in REVIEWING the book  - PLEASE mention that you'd like to put your name in for the novel SARAH'S SMILE, review copy.

(Make Sure that Your Name, Address and Phone Number are CURRENT - We will be using that information in the drawing)

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 516

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations, Anne Rightler, on winning the Kindle Fire HD8 this month!

I'll get it sent out right away! Hope you enjoy!

Thanks Dawn for the book, I'm looking forward to reading it. 

You're welcome, Kate! Hope you enjoy!

Congrats to the winners!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service