In keeping with the Seattle/Washington State theme, this month's prize is:  

A cup with the Seattle scene used on the cover for By All Appearances and Relax du Mocha mix.   

RELEASING in NOVEMBER

By Dawn Kinzer

BACK COVER: An attractive special events planner is determined to keep her distance.

A disfigured musician struggles to guard his heart.

By all appearances, both are destined to fail.

Liana Tate, a special events planner grew up in a high-profile family. No matter what she does, Liana feels she never measures up.

Bryan Langley, a talented musician, was close to signing a recording contract when a barn fire left part of his face severely burned. He survived, but his career did not.

When Liana’s father hires Bryan as a caretaker on the family estate outside of Seattle, Liana’s and Bryan’s lives become entangled. He risks public humiliation for Liana’s success, and she encourages him to use his musical gifts, despite his reluctance. Thrown together, will they achieve their elusive dreams? And will the two find the love and acceptance they yearn for, or will their actions only drive each other away?

ABOUT AUTHOR: Dawn Kinzer writes fiction because she believes in the power of story to comfort, challenge, and inspire. 

Her work has been published in the Christian Fiction Online Magazine, Backyard Friends magazine, The One Year Life Verse Devotional, A Joyful Heart: Experiencing the Light of His Love, and featured on the radio ministry, The Heartbeat of the Home. 

Dawn's historical romance series, The Daughters of Riverton, takes place in the early 1900s. The setting and some of the characters were inspired by her rural Wisconsin hometown. Sarah's Smile is the first story in the series, Hope's Design is the second, and Rebecca's Song completes the trilogy.

A mother and grandmother, Dawn lives with her husband in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Favorite things include dark chocolate, cinnamon, popcorn, strong coffee, good wine, the mountains, family time, and Masterpiece Theatre.

Readers can find her at www.dawnkinzer.com

CONGRATS to Brenda Murphree

Your name was Drawn

I've sent your contact information to the author!

THANKS to everyone for making TBCN The Book Fun Place to Be!

Nora :o)

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. Have any of you been to Seattle Washington? If so, what stood out to you? What did you enjoy doing there?

2.  If you haven't been there what would you like to see there?

3. Imagine that one year from now, you have achieved the goal(s) your hearts desires. What does your life look like? What have you let go of or released? What have you called forward and brought in?

THANKS for helping TBCN The Book Fun Place To Be

Nora :o)

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora:o)

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 125

Replies to This Discussion

I would love to go to Seattle. Never been that far Northwest. I would love to visit Mt Rainier and just sight see everything I could.

Hi, Brenda!

I never get tired of looking at Mt. Rainer. It's so majestic and can be seen from all directions from many miles away. We have a saying here when the sky is clear and it's in view - "The mountain is out." LOL! From my understanding, we're the area that says anything similar about our scenery.

1. spent day in the city while visiting my daughter and her famiily. went on duck boats so got to see a lot of the city from water side, went to many museums and wish we had more time there, pike's place was awesome, things underground and discovering all kinds of fresh vegetables and fruits and all the tulips.  hope to redo that trip when we introduce the grandson and his family to the area next summer. can you suggest some places, great grandson is 3 years old so we thought of children's museum at least.

thanks

Julie,

Tulip season is amazing. My husband and I like to visit the tulip fields in the spring when they're filled with colorful blooms. Pike Place Market is always a fun place too. 

We took our grandson to the Pacific Science Center (located in the same area as the Space Needle) for his 5th birthday. Our little adventure. He LOVED it! I think he could have stayed there all day. There are lots of hands-on things for children to enjoy. The butterfly house is wonderful there, as well as the dinosaur exhibit.

Depending on whether you want to drive out of the city or not, there are two fantastic zoos near Seattle. The Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma has two awesome aquariums where children can view ocean creatures up close - including larger sharks. Both grandkids here - ages 5 and 2 1/2 love it there.

The Woodland Park Zoo has a Seattle address and is a large, popular zoo.

I'm not that fond of the aquarium on the Seattle waterfront. Personally, I feel it's lacking for the price of entrance.

Thanks for all this and others things to do we have visited 95% of those and super enjoyed them all. Even took the ferry and found forts and other things like a fair and lighthouse. Visited science and flight museums and top of the needle. We'll probably just make a list and see how weather holds up. Train at Snoqualmie was fun on grandparents day also and seeing murals on walls in town and bubble machine.

Saw fish flying at Pike's Place-got a video of it and was happy to learn when the man who owned it retired- the workers bought it up. so cool!

Awesome, Julie!

It sounds like you've done a lot of fun things while visiting the area!

I have never been to Seattle. I love taking pictures of nature  so I will visit parks and lakes.

Sonnetta,

Seattle is a beautiful place for taking nature photos. We enjoy the ocean, the mountains, and numerous local and state parks. You'd enjoy it!

I have been to the Seattle airport, but no further.  Would like to return and see the city.

Sue,

Oh, you must return! The airport has nothing on the ocean, mountains, and numerous cultural opportunities found here! LOL!

I have never been to Seattle. We live on the east coast but have talked about a trip to see that part of the country. Would love to see the Pacific ocean and  be able to see the city from the Space Needle. 

Cathy,

It would be a wonderful adventure for you!

The east coast is beautiful and has so much to offer too! My husband and I were in gorgeous Vermont in September for my niece's wedding, and we traveled from there to Boston and then to the lower part of Maine. I'd love to go back and see more of Maine. My oldest daughter lived in Brooklyn for 4 years, so that gave me a chance to enjoy New York City through her eyes. 

Don't we live in a fabulous country? 

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service