In keeping with the Seattle/Washington State theme, this month's prize is:  

A cup with the Seattle scene used on the cover for By All Appearances and Relax du Mocha mix.   

RELEASING in NOVEMBER

By Dawn Kinzer

BACK COVER: An attractive special events planner is determined to keep her distance.

A disfigured musician struggles to guard his heart.

By all appearances, both are destined to fail.

Liana Tate, a special events planner grew up in a high-profile family. No matter what she does, Liana feels she never measures up.

Bryan Langley, a talented musician, was close to signing a recording contract when a barn fire left part of his face severely burned. He survived, but his career did not.

When Liana’s father hires Bryan as a caretaker on the family estate outside of Seattle, Liana’s and Bryan’s lives become entangled. He risks public humiliation for Liana’s success, and she encourages him to use his musical gifts, despite his reluctance. Thrown together, will they achieve their elusive dreams? And will the two find the love and acceptance they yearn for, or will their actions only drive each other away?

ABOUT AUTHOR: Dawn Kinzer writes fiction because she believes in the power of story to comfort, challenge, and inspire. 

Her work has been published in the Christian Fiction Online Magazine, Backyard Friends magazine, The One Year Life Verse Devotional, A Joyful Heart: Experiencing the Light of His Love, and featured on the radio ministry, The Heartbeat of the Home. 

Dawn's historical romance series, The Daughters of Riverton, takes place in the early 1900s. The setting and some of the characters were inspired by her rural Wisconsin hometown. Sarah's Smile is the first story in the series, Hope's Design is the second, and Rebecca's Song completes the trilogy.

A mother and grandmother, Dawn lives with her husband in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Favorite things include dark chocolate, cinnamon, popcorn, strong coffee, good wine, the mountains, family time, and Masterpiece Theatre.

Readers can find her at www.dawnkinzer.com

CONGRATS to Brenda Murphree

Your name was Drawn

I've sent your contact information to the author!

THANKS to everyone for making TBCN The Book Fun Place to Be!

Nora :o)

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. Have any of you been to Seattle Washington? If so, what stood out to you? What did you enjoy doing there?

2.  If you haven't been there what would you like to see there?

3. Imagine that one year from now, you have achieved the goal(s) your hearts desires. What does your life look like? What have you let go of or released? What have you called forward and brought in?

THANKS for helping TBCN The Book Fun Place To Be

Nora :o)

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora:o)

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 117

Replies to This Discussion

2. No, I haven't been there, but I'd love to see Mt. Rainier--not sure what all is in Seattle.

Hi, Melissa!

There is so much to see in Seattle and the surrounding area. Pike Place Market is a huge draw - fresh flowers, vegetables, seafood, and an assortment of other foods and art-type products sold by vendors. Floors and floors of quaint shops. You can hop on a ferry at the waterfront and take a 20-minute ride to Bainbridge Island - then ride it back for a great view of the city. Dine on fresh seafood in one of the restaurants on the waterfront. Enjoy the view of the city from the top of the Space Needle or explore some of the fun artsy museums. Take in a show - there's always something going on at one of the many professional theaters - plays and talented musicians.

If you prefer nature - we have the ocean on one side of the city and the mountains on the other. Mt. Rainier is gorgeous and fun to explore. At different times of the year, whale watching is popular. 

There's something for everyone!

1. I've never visited Seattle. 

2. I'd like to visit the  Snoqualmie Falls 

3. I'd have let go of past hurts and allowed the Lord to heal my heart, I would have amazing adventures with Him.

Hi, Caryl!

Snoqualmie Falls is beautiful! And it's only about 20 minutes from my home! I always enjoy stopping there while taking a drive through the mountains. The lodge located at the top of the falls is lovely, and there are several restaurants to enjoy there.

I'm sorry that you're still dealing with some past hurt ... I understand how difficult it sometimes can be to let go. We may try and think we've released that pain, and then it shows up unexpectedly again. Saying a prayer for you - for freedom from those hurts - and for fun adventures with the Lord! 

I have never been to Seattle, but if I ever did go I would definitely take in everything that Seattle has to offer and then drive the 200+ miles to visit my cousin in Spokane !

Kathy,

Seattle has a lot to offer everyone, whether you're a nature-lover or someone who enjoys exploring city highlights. And the drive through the mountains over to Spokane would be beautiful!

I have never been to Seattle, but if I were to go there I would like to see the mountains and all the sights, my friends and I would like to meet Dan Price the CEO of Gravity Payments who took a million dollar pay cut several years ago so that all of his employees could make at least 70K including himself.

A year from now after my year of grieving is over for my Dad who died in February, I hope to have figured out what to do with my life since most of my life has been taking care of others.  I am taking a year to grieve since every day for a year is the first day without my Dad (Mom died in 1988) and I am not making any major changes or decisions during the year of grief.  My aunt, Dad's sister, also died this year in July. 

Karen,

I've been so impressed by Dan Price's decision as well! That was amazing - and so generous!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. It sounds like you were very close. You're so wise in giving yourself time to grieve. Saying a prayer for your healing - and for direction in moving forward when the time is right.

I went to Longview WA when I was 16 to visit my sister. I would have loved to visit Seattle. Thank you for sharing your beautiful book cover. Blessings 

Lucy,

You'll need to make a return visit! Does your sister still live in Washington State?

No, she now lives in TN, but her grandchildren live Lakewood WA. 

Oh, fun! Her children are only about an hour away from where I live.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service