NEW RELEASE

By Dawn Kinzer

LAST DAY TO ENTER

NOVEMBER 30th

BACK COVER: An attractive special events planner is determined to keep her distance.

A disfigured musician struggles to guard his heart.

By all appearances, both are destined to fail.

Liana Tate, a special events planner grew up in a high-profile family. No matter what she does, Liana feels she never measures up.

Bryan Langley, a talented musician, was close to signing a recording contract when a barn fire left part of his face severely burned. He survived, but his career did not.

When Liana’s father hires Bryan as a caretaker on the family estate outside of Seattle, Liana’s and Bryan’s lives become entangled. He risks public humiliation for Liana’s success, and she encourages him to use his musical gifts, despite his reluctance. Thrown together, will they achieve their elusive dreams? And will the two find the love and acceptance they yearn for, or will their actions only drive each other away?

ABOUT AUTHOR: Dawn Kinzer writes fiction because she believes in the power of story to comfort, challenge, and inspire. 

Her work has been published in the Christian Fiction Online Magazine, Backyard Friends magazine, The One Year Life Verse Devotional, A Joyful Heart: Experiencing the Light of His Love, and featured on the radio ministry, The Heartbeat of the Home. 

Dawn's historical romance series, The Daughters of Riverton, takes place in the early 1900s. The setting and some of the characters were inspired by her rural Wisconsin hometown. Sarah's Smile is the first story in the series, Hope's Design is the second, and Rebecca's Song completes the trilogy.

A mother and grandmother, Dawn lives with her husband in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Favorite things include dark chocolate, cinnamon, popcorn, strong coffee, good wine, the mountains, family time, and Masterpiece Theatre.

Readers can find her at www.dawnkinzer.com

CONGRATS 

NAMES DRAWN BELOW

Caryl Kane

Rachelle Rand

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. What is your favorite music to listen to?

2.  Did you attend a musical event that blew your socks off? If so, what was it and why did it blow you away?

3. If you could learn a musical instrument, (guaranteed you'd get it) what would you like to play and why?

THANKS for helping TBCN The Book Fun Place To Be

Nora :o)

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora:o)

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 78

Replies to This Discussion

I live to listen to traditional Christian songs. Those songs never fail to touch my heart. 

Cathy,

I have a close friend who absolutely loves the old hymns.

Although I'm a fan of contemporary Christian music, I have to admit that there are times when the words to hymns that I listened to while growing up come back to me. They seem to get anchored in our hearts.

We went to a Celtic Woman concert...not sure they blew my socks off but I did enjoy hearing them!

My favorite music is probably worship music.

Hi, Anne!

I like a taste of Celtic music once in a while too, but it's not something I listen to regularly. Contemporary Christian music - including worship music - is my main "go-to." But I like a variety of genres, including show tunes. Until my oldest daughter had two children, she performed professionally on stage doing musical theater. With two little ones, she's taking a break.

I have always wanted to play the piano. I had the opportunity to see The Piano Guys 2 months ago and it was amazing. There is something about listening to music that is played on the piano.

Sonnetta,

The piano is my favorite and primary instrument. I took 10 years of lessons while growing up, but after I went to college, I'm afraid I got a bit rusty because of never practicing. Later, I played with a worship team for a number of years, but I preferred singing, so I left the keyboard to someone else. I no longer have a piano, so I'm REALLY rusty! 

Playing the piano can be soothing and fun. I encourage you to give it a try! You're never too old to learn!

3. I think I would learn to play the violin, if I could. I already play the piano and the clarinet, and I know enough guitar chords to get by, but I think violins - played well - are beautiful.

Pam,

A violin would be a lovely instrument to add to what you already play. It can have such a sweet tone. 

I’ve always wanted to play the piano since I was a little girl.

Hi, Lucy!

It's never too late to learn! And the piano is an instrument that can be played and enjoyed no matter how old we get. 

My favorite music to listen to is classical.  I find it soothing.  I tried to play the flute, but I was unsuccessful.  It is a lovely instrument, but not the right instrument for someone with asthma!  Happy Holidays!

Hi, Kristina!

Classica music is lovely. Because of taking piano lessons for many years, I spent a lot of time learning that genre.

Have you tried the piano?

Happy Holidays to you too!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service