FEBRUARY 2019 FEATURED AUTHOR GIVEAWAY(1) Winner gets -Ebook HOPE'S DESIGN, COLORING BOOK & PENCILS

GIVEAWAY UNDERWAY

LAST DAY TO ENTER

FEBRUARY 28th

BOOK BLURB: Inspirational Historical Romance Novel

In 1904, Hope Andrews, an aspiring fashion designer, struggles with leaving New York City. But with no job, her parents leaving the country, and an abusive ex-fiancé refusing to accept their broken engagement, Hope doesn’t have much choice but to give in to her parents’ wishes that she move far away and live with her cousin indefinitely.

Talented Benjamin Greene can’t deny his passion for painting, but guilt over a painful incident in his past keeps him from sharing his gift. Instead, he devotes much of his days to helping his younger sibling rebuild a farm inherited from a great-uncle. Only his brother is aware that Ben spends his spare time in a studio on their property.

In the small rural town of Riverton, Wisconsin, Hope and Ben can’t help but be thrown together. But as feelings for each other deepen, tension thickens over how talent should be used. Their mutual passion for art brings them together, but will it also drive them apart?

AUTHOR is giving away above ebook, this coloring book and pencils to One Winner!

ABOUT AUTHOR: Dawn Kinzer writes fiction because she believes in the power of story to comfort, challenge, and inspire. 

Her work has been published in the Christian Fiction Online Magazine, Backyard Friends magazine, The One Year Life Verse Devotional, A Joyful Heart: Experiencing the Light of His Love, and featured on the radio ministry, The Heartbeat of the Home. 

Dawn's historical romance series, The Daughters of Riverton, takes place in the early 1900s. The setting and some of the characters were inspired by her rural Wisconsin hometown. Sarah's Smile is the first story in the series, Hope's Design is the second, and Rebecca's Song completes the trilogy.

CONGRATS

PERRIANNE ASKEW

Your name was drawn.

I've sent over your contact information to the author.

THANKS EVERYONE for helping me TBCN be a Book Fun Place to Be!

Nora :o)

MUST ANSWER ONE OF THESE QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED IN DRAWING

1. If you could solve any mystery what would it be?

2. Talk about historical What clothing trend do you wish would make a come back?

3. In all the history in all the world what is one type of clothing you'll never wear?

4. What words do you live by?

THANKS for stopping by and helping TBCN be a Book Fun Place to be!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at nora@bookfunmagazine.com 

Nora :o)

Views: 165

Replies to This Discussion

1.  The mystery would be the definitive proof of Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat.

2.  Long dresses.

3.  Miniskirts.

4.  To Thine Own Self Be True.

Ruth Hufford

johnruthhufford@msn.com

wow I would love to read this new to  me author. This sounds like a wonderful book. I love the idea that both are artistic, but need to figure out how to use them again and well.  #5 What words do I live by? Be kind to everyone, I dont know what their story is.  #3 What is one type of clothes I would not want to wear? Those dresses that have huge hip things under the dress. 

quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

Hi, Lori!

Nice to meet you! Thanks for popping in. It does my heart good to know that my book piques your interest. 

Like you ... I've been drawn to the saying, "If you can be anything, be kind." We don't know what goes on behind closed doors or what is going on in a person's life. Sometimes people are rude or mean because of emotional or physical pain - or stress. Patience and a smile can go a long way ...

I really like the styles in the 50s. I Love Lucy has some great dresses and pants sets that I’d love to have and wear.

Hi, Gail!

Yes, there were lovely designs in the 50s! I love the tea-length full skirts. They look feminine, fun, and easy to move around in. The pencil skirts look great on tall and really thin women, but with my short legs and wide hips - no thanks! LOL!

The one type of clothing I would never wear is bell bottoms.  I cannot stand the look of those wide legged pants.  Actually, I do not like most of the clothing from the 60s or 70s.  I enjoy clothing from the Victorian and Edwardian era.  I would love to see modern designers to do a take on clothes from this time period.  I also like the styles from the 40s and 50s.  The big skirts from the 50s are a particular favorite of mine.

Kristina,

Can you believe I  actually remember wearing bell bottoms? LOL! Yes, I'm that old. The styles during that time were pretty crazy. I also wore fishnet stockings, mini skirts, etc. Makes me cringe to think of it now.

I'm also drawn to the Victorian and Edwardian era. Such beautiful clothes, but at the same time, I'm glad I don't have to wear all those layers during hot, summer months. 

I also like the tea-length wide skirts from the 50s. They're feminine and would be easy to move in.

Thanks for stopping by and chatting!

I wore bell bottoms too, white go go boots, Nehru jackets and the mini skirts too! Those were the days!

Oh, my! Yes, those were the days! I still remember how difficult it was during high school to bend down and get my books out of the bottom of my locker while wearing a short skirt. Yikes! I loved it when longer skirts came in - just in time for my first year of college in the fall of 1975.

If I could solve any mystery it would be to answer the question, what happened to the first settlers of Jamestown?

Hi, Kathy!

You've chosen an interesting mystery to solve!

Thanks for popping in and joining the discussion.

Hi, Dawn 

I am new to this site so I am learning the ropes.

Thank you for the opportunity to win your prize.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service