FEBRUARY 2019 FEATURED AUTHOR GIVEAWAY(1) Winner gets -Ebook HOPE'S DESIGN, COLORING BOOK & PENCILS

GIVEAWAY UNDERWAY

LAST DAY TO ENTER

FEBRUARY 28th

BOOK BLURB: Inspirational Historical Romance Novel

In 1904, Hope Andrews, an aspiring fashion designer, struggles with leaving New York City. But with no job, her parents leaving the country, and an abusive ex-fiancé refusing to accept their broken engagement, Hope doesn’t have much choice but to give in to her parents’ wishes that she move far away and live with her cousin indefinitely.

Talented Benjamin Greene can’t deny his passion for painting, but guilt over a painful incident in his past keeps him from sharing his gift. Instead, he devotes much of his days to helping his younger sibling rebuild a farm inherited from a great-uncle. Only his brother is aware that Ben spends his spare time in a studio on their property.

In the small rural town of Riverton, Wisconsin, Hope and Ben can’t help but be thrown together. But as feelings for each other deepen, tension thickens over how talent should be used. Their mutual passion for art brings them together, but will it also drive them apart?

AUTHOR is giving away above ebook, this coloring book and pencils to One Winner!

ABOUT AUTHOR: Dawn Kinzer writes fiction because she believes in the power of story to comfort, challenge, and inspire. 

Her work has been published in the Christian Fiction Online Magazine, Backyard Friends magazine, The One Year Life Verse Devotional, A Joyful Heart: Experiencing the Light of His Love, and featured on the radio ministry, The Heartbeat of the Home. 

Dawn's historical romance series, The Daughters of Riverton, takes place in the early 1900s. The setting and some of the characters were inspired by her rural Wisconsin hometown. Sarah's Smile is the first story in the series, Hope's Design is the second, and Rebecca's Song completes the trilogy.

CONGRATS

PERRIANNE ASKEW

Your name was drawn.

I've sent over your contact information to the author.

THANKS EVERYONE for helping me TBCN be a Book Fun Place to Be!

Nora :o)

MUST ANSWER ONE OF THESE QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED IN DRAWING

1. If you could solve any mystery what would it be?

2. Talk about historical What clothing trend do you wish would make a come back?

3. In all the history in all the world what is one type of clothing you'll never wear?

4. What words do you live by?

THANKS for stopping by and helping TBCN be a Book Fun Place to be!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at nora@bookfunmagazine.com 

Nora :o)

Views: 180

Replies to This Discussion

In all the history, I'll go back to Eve before the fall...I would never wear my birthday suit! LOL!! A little more seriously, I would hate to wear all the crinolines and hoops and long dresses of times long ago...too much fussing and how in the world did they keep those long dresses clean of dirt and mud as they dragged on the ground.

Anne, I'm with you - never my birthday suit! LOL!

I love looking at the gowns/dresses worn long ago, but wow, how did they ever move with all those layers? I work in super casual clothes all day, and I still can't wait to get into my pjs at night. 

3. I would never wear a corset.  They look more like torcher chambers than clothing. I would also not want to wear a bustle. 

Victoria,

I never thought I'd wear a corset either, and I still don't think I ever would. But, I've read that they can actually be beneficial if not tied too tight. A person still needs to breathe!

But, a bustle - never. How did they ever manage to sit down?

I would never want to wear crinolines, hoops and corsets!!

Kathy,

All those beautiful gowns in "Gone with the Wind" are fun to look at, but I can't imagine trying to maneuver around a house in them! LOL!

We've been fascinated by Oak Island. I would love to solve that mystery!

Hi, Cathy!

I'll admit that I've never heard of the mystery of Oak Island, so I had to look it up! Treasure hunting could be fun!

2) Not a historical clothing trend per say, but just the whole idea/sense of dressing for the occasion. Society has gotten so casual as far as dress.

Hi, Patty!

I agree that at times it does feel like we've gone too casual. I'll admit that I enjoy wearing sweats while sitting at a computer in my home office all day. But, it does feel nice to dress up too. And maybe that's why society, in general, is so fascinated with what the "stars" wear to awards shows. We like to see a little glamor now and then.

4) I try to live by "whatever is true, whatever is lovely, whatever is pure ..." think on these things. 

Thank you for the chance to win.

Have a wonderful day!

In Him,

Cheri :)

Hi, Cheri!

Those are wonderful words to live by.   :-D

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Birthdays

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service