RELEASING in NOVEMBER

By Dawn Kinzer

BACK COVER: An attractive special events planner is determined to keep her distance.

A disfigured musician struggles to guard his heart.

By all appearances, both are destined to fail.

Liana Tate, a special events planner grew up in a high-profile family. No matter what she does, Liana feels she never measures up.

Bryan Langley, a talented musician, was close to signing a recording contract when a barn fire left part of his face severely burned. He survived, but his career did not.

When Liana’s father hires Bryan as a caretaker on the family estate outside of Seattle, Liana’s and Bryan’s lives become entangled. He risks public humiliation for Liana’s success, and she encourages him to use his musical gifts, despite his reluctance. Thrown together, will they achieve their elusive dreams? And will the two find the love and acceptance they yearn for, or will their actions only drive each other away?

ABOUT AUTHOR: Dawn Kinzer writes fiction because she believes in the power of story to comfort, challenge, and inspire. 

Her work has been published in the Christian Fiction Online Magazine, Backyard Friends magazine, The One Year Life Verse Devotional, A Joyful Heart: Experiencing the Light of His Love, and featured on the radio ministry, The Heartbeat of the Home. 

Dawn's historical romance series, The Daughters of Riverton, takes place in the early 1900s. The setting and some of the characters were inspired by her rural Wisconsin hometown. Sarah's Smile is the first story in the series, Hope's Design is the second, and Rebecca's Song completes the trilogy.

A mother and grandmother, Dawn lives with her husband in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Favorite things include dark chocolate, cinnamon, popcorn, strong coffee, good wine, the mountains, family time, and Masterpiece Theatre.

Readers can find her at www.dawnkinzer.com.

CONGRATS LUCY REYNOLDS

YOUR NAME WAS DRAWN

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. What daily activity helps you stay optimistic, and how/why does that work?

2. A space race is on - where do you think we should go? Why? (Should we go back to the moon or somewhere else?)

3. During an intense storm, how do you feel? Fearful? Excited? Soothed? Do your emotions come from a past experience?

THANKS for helping TBCN The Book Fun Place To Be

Nora :o)

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora:o)

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 148

Replies to This Discussion

I do not like storms. It is scary. I find myself praying for peace and sleep  throughout it. Life’s storm takes praying and a reliance on God to get you through. 

Hi, Sonnetta!

I understand. Storms can be frightening, especially if there are strong winds. There's been so much devastation these past months across the country, and I feel bad for the people who have needed to pick up the pieces after the storm has passed. 

If there isn't danger involved, I love a good thunder and lightning storm. They can be exciting because they remind me of God's power. And when the storm is over, the air feels and smells so fresh.

Reading God's Word keeps me optimistic. The book sounds intrigiuing.

Hi, Mary!

The Bible shares hope - and having hope helps us to be more optimistic in the midst of all that's happening in the world. 

I'm so glad By All Appearances has piqued your interest! My goal is to share hope through story.

I always start my day with a devotional. It helps to remind me that God is in control. With  that as my focus, it's easier to be optimistic. 

Cathy,

Sometimes, that's the only thing that can help us keep optimistic when things seem to be falling apart around us - knowing that God is still in control. And that just happens to be a big part of this new story I'm releasing. Life didn't go as planned for my two main characters, just as it often doesn't go the way we envision for ourselves.

We live in an area that has experienced many damaging tornadoes. Storms that spiral off deadly tornadoes do frighten me terribly.

Gail,

It's certainly understandable that storms would be frightening for you after witnessing the devastation they can bring.

I live in Florida, and have seen & been in my fair share of Hurricanes.

Storms of any kind fascinate me, why, I don't know but they do.

Maybe, for my 70th birthday, I'll go chase a tornado or two.

Hi, Janet!

I grew up in the Midwest where people deal with tornadoes, and I've lived in the Pacific Northwest for almost 25 years and have experienced earthquakes. But, I've never been in a hurricane! There seems to be some type of natural disaster to prepare for no matter where we live in this country.

A daily activity that keeps me optimistic is prayer and Bible study. Hubby and I read the Bible most mornings and it serves as a reminder that God is watching over me, loves me, and will guide me through my day.

Thanks for joining us, Cheryl!

That's awesome that you and your hubby are faithful in reading your Bible in the morning. We find so much hope in God's Word, and I believe hope is key to feeling optimistic.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service