GIVEAWAY UNDERWAY

LAST DAY TO ENTER

JANUARY 31st

A stunning story of Holy Week through the eyes of a Roman centurion

Watch the triumphal entry of the donkey-riding king through the eyes of Marcus Longinus, the centurion charged with keeping the streets from erupting into open rebellion.

Look behind the scenes at the political plotting of King Herod, known as the scheming Fox for his ruthless shrewdness.

Get a front-row seat to the confrontation between the Jewish high priest Caiaphas and the Roman governor Pontius Pilate.

Understand as never before the horror of the decision to save a brutal terrorist in order to condemn the peaceful Jew to death.

If you've heard the story of Passion Week so often it's become stale, now is the time to rediscover the terrible events leading from Jesus's humble ride into the city to his crucifixion. The Soldier Who Killed a King will stun you afresh with how completely Christ's resurrection changed history, one life at a time.

ABOUT AUTHOR: David Kitz is a Bible dramatist, an award-winning author, a convention speaker and a retired public school teacher. For over twenty-five years, he has served as an ordained minister with the Foursquare Gospel Church of Canada.

David has a Master’s degree in Biblical Studies, in addition to Bachelor’s degrees in both Arts and Education. His love for drama and storytelling is evident to all who have seen his Bible-based performances. For several years now, he has toured across Canada and into the United States with a variety of one-man plays for both children and adults. Though born and raised in Saskatchewan, David now lives in Ottawa, Canada with his wife Karen. They have two adult sons, Timothy and Joshua.

MUST ANSWER ONE

QUESTION TO BE ENTERED IN DRAWING

1. What is your favorite passion play you've seen? What made it special?

2. What is your favorite bible movie? Why is it your favorite?

3. There have been many faith-based movies out lately. Which ones did you like? Why?

4. Word Association Question - When you read the word Passion Play what's the first thing you think of? A thing you remember? Do tell!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 77

Replies to This Discussion

Passion Play reminds me of Easter, and the wonderful promise of the resurrection. While so often we have Christmas plays, it is rare to see Easter plays so I remember fondly the year that both of our children participated in one.  

Hi Cathy, I agree. We need more Easter/Passion plays. Here is a link to a description of the one-man play I have been doing for two decades all across the continent: https://davidkitz.ca/centurion.php

http://www.barr-family.com/godsword/crucmed.htm

This is is something I read every year at Easter. It helps me realize what Christ went through for me. It’s graphic and I shed many tears but I think it’s important for everyone to read and realize how very much he loves us. Knowing he could have called it off at any point and didn’t and died for my sinful self is mind boggling.

Gail, I believe meditating on what Christ suffered and accomplished at the cross is transformational. Nothing changes hearts like a trip to the cross.

4. The movie "The Passion of the Christ" immediately comes to mind. I did not see it, but was told that it was a very graphic movie. Thank you for the chance to win a prize.

Hi Vickie, "The Passion of the Christ" movie can be very difficult to watch. I think this book is a gentler way to make a pilgrimage to the cross and the empty tomb.

When I read Passion Play above, it reminded me of nothing, because I did not know what it meant until I looked it up.

Yes, there is more than one meaning to passion, but in this case it refers to love that is willing to suffer, even to suffer death on a cross. 

I have seen a few Passion Plays, the one that stands out was at my church. We were right in the middle of much of the play. The actors used the front, back and aisles of the sanctuary. So very real and moving.

My favorite Bible movies is The Nativity Story, I really love this story of when Mary said yes to becoming the mother of Jesus our Savior.  The Passion of Christ is also a good movie, although it is very sad to see just how Jesus suffered, it really makes a person cry to see just a glimpse of how Jesus must have been suffering. 

I agree "The Passion of the Christ" is difficult to watch. My biased opinion is that this book is better.

4. Christ's death on the cross. Watching it reenacted affects one emotionally.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service