GIVEAWAY EVENT -

Kicks off at "Live" Chat

FEBRUARY 19th at 8 PM Eastern Standard Time

ABOUT BOOK: With his father dead and his business partner incapacitated, Peter Chandler inherits the leadership of a bank in economic crisis. With only a newly-minted college degree and little experience, Peter joins his partner’s daughter, Mary Beth Roper, in a struggle to keep C&R Bank afloat while the Civil War rages around Chattanooga. Political pressure for unsecured loans of gold to the government stirs up trouble as tempers and prices rise. Their problems multiply when Mary Beth discovers counterfeit money with Peter’s forged signature. Can they find the forger before the bank fails? The two friends must pursue gold on behalf of their business, as they learn to pursue their heavenly Father to find hope and peace.

ABOUT AUTHOR: A Chattanooga native, Cynthia L Simmons and her husband have five children and reside in Atlanta. A Bible teacher and former homeschool mother, she writes a column for Leading Hearts Magazine. She conducts writing workshops, served as past president of Christian Authors Guild and directs Atlanta Christian Writing Conference. “Cyndi” is fond of history and offers younger ladies the elegance of God’s wisdom. She hosts Heart of the Matter Radio and co-founded Homeschool Answers. Her author website is www.clsimmons.com 

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. What do you enjoy most about reading historicals?

2. What is one of your favorite historicals?

3. What are you reading now?

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 170

Replies to This Discussion

I love to learn the history of a time period.

The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas.  Must have read it at least 24-30 times over the years.  Also the sequel The Big Fisherman.

1. I like reading historicals because I learn things that I never would have known if I hadn't read the books.  It's like a history lesson for me.

2. My favorite historical was Lighthouse by Eugenia Price.

3. I'm currently reading A Light on the Hill by Connilyn Cossette.

Thanks for the chance to win a paperback copy of your book.  I read an e-copy, but prefer pb, so this would be a nice addition to my collection.

What are you reading now? I'm reading a young adult book right now, and it's a historical! The book is called "It All Comes Down to This" by Karen English. It's surprisingly good! I say surprisingly because I wasn't sure what to expect for a book directed toward kids. I don't know why I thought that. It's about the racism a girl experiences in 1965.

2.  My favorite historical of all time is The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas.  I have read it too many times to count.  I quit counting at about 2 dozen times.  I read it for the first time in the late 1960's or early 1970's.  I've worn out multiple copies of The Robe and the sequel The Big Fisherman.  I recently had to replace both of them with paperback copies again.  I couldn't find them in hardback.

I love historical books. My dad is a history teacher, and I grew up hearing about many things from the past. 

Question #1 

I love learning about that time period. I love when fiction and fact intertwine.

kathyrobinson11@comcast.net

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Another Important Poll

Birthdays

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service