GIVEAWAY

LAST DAY TO ENTER

SEPT 30th

BACK COVER: She needs a place to hide—he needs a woman’s touch

Rand Stafford isn't looking for true love. He'd ridden that trail until his fiancée left him with a shattered heart. What he needs now is a wife to help him care for his orphan nieces. Desperate, he sends an advertisement to a Baltimore newspaper and hopes for the best.

Fleeing her former employer who would use her to further his unlawful acts, a newspaper advertisement reads like the perfect refuge to Carly Blair. The idea of escaping the city, the intrigue, and the danger to hide herself on a cattle ranch in Kansas is her best shot for freedom. 

But its sanctuary comes with a price—a husband. While marrying a man she doesn't know or love means sacrificing her dreams, it's better than being caught by the law.

ABOUT AUTHOR:  Scribbling in notebooks has been a habit of Cindy Regnier since she was old enough to hold a pencil. Born and raised in Kansas, she writes stories of historical Kansas, especially the Flint Hills area where she spent much of her childhood. Cindy is married to her husband of 36 years, has two grown sons, a son residing in heaven, a beautiful daughter-in-law, and a beautiful daughter-in-law-to-be.

A graduate of Kansas State University with a dual major in Agriculture and Business, Cindy works for her local school district as clerk of the board of education and is active in her church and community. Her experiences with the Flint Hills setting, her natural love for history, farming and animals, along with her interest in genealogical research give her the background and passion to write heart-fluttering historical romance.

Go to authors page and sign up for her newsletter. 

CONGRATS TO

Kristin Jager

Elizabeth Dennison

YOUR NAME WAS DRAWN

(I've sent your contact information to the author)

THANKS to everyone for participating.

More book Fun Ahead!

Nora ;o)

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO ENTER DRAWING

1. How many of you read westerns? and/or Prairie books? What do you enjoy about reading them?

2. If you started reading a book and realized it was the story of your life...would you read it til the end? Why or Why not?

3. What experiences from these past few weeks are you most grateful for?

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at norafindinghope@yahoo.com

AD#Author

Views: 206

Replies to This Discussion

1. I like to read this type of book because I like reading about history. I also enjoy a good, clean love story and most are that type of book. 

Hi Victoria - I'm with you. Historical romance is a double treat, a great love story along with the history lesson. Even the research is fun. Good luck in the drawing.

I am grateful to be able to spend time w/ my daughter and her family...to be the adult while she and hubby were away for a week. And that God is healing my special needs grandson and we were able to have a great week together. 

Hi Anne. What a great event you just experienced. Time with grandchildren is so precious. As the mother of a special needs son, I know the great blessing of having those special kids in our lives. Praying healing for your grandson and more wonderful times spent with him.

Experiences these past few weeks are all time spent with our grandchildren. It is such a blessing to be near them!

Hi Cathy - A consensus of opinion among grandparents everywhere! I'm so glad you can be near them. The benefits of growing up with your grandparents around can mean so much in a young person's life. My grandparents greatly influenced my writing career. How many grandchildren do you have? Boys? Girls?

I recently had my annual mammogram and breast cancer checkup. I’m grateful and thankful for eight years cancer free. God is good!

Gail - How wonderful! Praising the Lord with you for your good news. Shout the victory loud and long! Indeed, God is good.

Some experiences from the past few weeks that I am most grateful for, is spending a evening with my cousins celebrating our uncles life. I was not sure how things was going to work out for our trip, I had to deal with getting time off, also booking a car and driving round trip to and from our destination. My mother also can be a handful to handle and I was not sure how things would go with her.  Also while at work my glasses snapped in half, usually I want to control things and know how things are going to be worked out. That evening I had to be patient for my shift to end, before I could go home to find my old glasses.

Hi Elizabeth. It is true that those little trials of life we all experience so often turn into blessings, even when we have to let go of the control! I'm so glad you got to spend time with cousins and that you had a safe trip. None of us like those lessons in patience, but it sounds like you handled it well. Sure hope you can get your glasses repaired.

I love reading these type books. I love the history, the small towns the books are set in. I only read Christian and clean reads, so for me they are cozy.clean and fun reads.

Hi Joy! It sounds like you would love Mail-Order Refuge. I hope you get a chance to read it. Just like you, I enjoy history combined with sweet romance. Something about small-town or farm and ranch life in the 1890s fascinates me. Good luck in the drawing.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Birthdays

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service