GIVEAWAY

LAST DAY TO ENTER

OCTOBER 31st

BACK COVER: She needs a place to hide—he needs a woman’s touch

Rand Stafford isn't looking for true love. He'd ridden that trail until his fiancée left him with a shattered heart. What he needs now is a wife to help him care for his orphan nieces. Desperate, he sends an advertisement to a Baltimore newspaper and hopes for the best.

Fleeing her former employer who would use her to further his unlawful acts, a newspaper advertisement reads like the perfect refuge to Carly Blair. The idea of escaping the city, the intrigue, and the danger to hide herself on a cattle ranch in Kansas is her best shot for freedom. 

But its sanctuary comes with a price—a husband. While marrying a man she doesn't know or love means sacrificing her dreams, it's better than being caught by the law.

ABOUT AUTHOR:  Scribbling in notebooks has been a habit of Cindy Regnier since she was old enough to hold a pencil. Born and raised in Kansas, she writes stories of historical Kansas, especially the Flint Hills area where she spent much of her childhood. Cindy is married to her husband of 36 years, has two grown sons, a son residing in heaven, a beautiful daughter-in-law, and a beautiful daughter-in-law-to-be.

A graduate of Kansas State University with a dual major in Agriculture and Business, Cindy works for her local school district as clerk of the board of education and is active in her church and community. Her experiences with the Flint Hills setting, her natural love for history, farming and animals, along with her interest in genealogical research give her the background and passion to write heart-fluttering historical romance.

Go to authors page and sign up for her newsletter. 

CONGRATS

SUSAN P

Your Name was Drawn

I've sent your contact information to the author

Thanks for helping make TBCN a Book Fun Place to be.

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO ENTER DRAWING

1. Tell a story about being pleasantly surprised. When you thought something was going to be awful, but it turned out to be a positive thing.

2. Name the strangest thing that ever happened to you? What made it so strange?

3. List the top three people you'd like to meet (alive or dead)? Why would you like to meet with them? What would you do?

Views: 153

Replies to This Discussion

I guess I was scared to go out on a blind date even when fixed up by mutual friends.  But we’ve been married 38 years now!

Wow, Gail! I'm so glad you went on that blind date! I bet he is too. 38 years is a great accomplishment. Wishing you many more happy years together.

1. I didn't think anything bad was going to happen but my pleasantly surprised story is: On my 50th birthday, my older daughter planned a party, had her brother flown in from MN to MI, my brother and his wife and my parents attended as well as my 3 other children. After all the gifts were given, Maryanne (my daughter) handed me another gift bag and in it were all kinds of grandmother items...it was the announcement of our first grandbaby. Such a special memory and a wonderfully pleasant surprise. And that grandbaby is now a beautiful young woman.

What a beautiful story, Anne! That is a very special daughter to plan all that for you. Now you have this great memory that will always be yours. Wishing you many more special moments with your children and grandchildren.

A number of years ago, circumstances arose that forced us to move from the church we had attended for many years to another church.  It was one of the hardest things we have ever done, because we were leaving our "home" and "family."  The church we moved to was a good place and we enjoyed our time there.  However, we were unaware at the time that God had another move planned for us in just 2 years, this time a move across the country.  When we announced to our new church that we were moving, they stepped up to help us in unbelievable ways.  The biggest way was that a couple in our Sunday School class actually moved all our furniture and paraphernalia to our new home for free!!! Another was to connect us with someone who had a rental house that was perfect for us at our new location, at a reduced rate because of the connection.  I could continue, but leaving that first church was something we did not want to do, but God had a plan we could not see.  And His plan is always the best!

Isn't it great how God works everything out, puts just the right people in our lives at just the right time? We tend to live in the here and now while He sees the big picture and the whole plan. Thanks for sharing this story, Bev. I hope it encourages many to step out in faith, even when things look unpleasant or fearful.

CONGRATS

SUSAN P

Your Name was Drawn

I've sent your contact information to the author

Thanks for helping make TBCN a Book Fun Place to be.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service