Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

BACK COVER: She needs a place to hide—he needs a woman’s touch

Rand Stafford isn't looking for true love. He'd ridden that trail until his fiancée left him with a shattered heart. What he needs now is a wife to help him care for his orphan nieces. Desperate, he sends an advertisement to a Baltimore newspaper and hopes for the best.

Fleeing her former employer who would use her to further his unlawful acts, a newspaper advertisement reads like the perfect refuge to Carly Blair. The idea of escaping the city, the intrigue, and the danger to hide herself on a cattle ranch in Kansas is her best shot for freedom. 

But its sanctuary comes with a price—a husband. While marrying a man she doesn't know or love means sacrificing her dreams, it's better than being caught by the law.

ABOUT AUTHOR:  Scribbling in notebooks has been a habit of Cindy Regnier since she was old enough to hold a pencil. Born and raised in Kansas, she writes stories of historical Kansas, especially the Flint Hills area where she spent much of her childhood. Cindy is married to her husband of 36 years, has two grown sons, a son residing in heaven, a beautiful daughter-in-law, and a beautiful daughter-in-law-to-be.

A graduate of Kansas State University with a dual major in Agriculture and Business, Cindy works for her local school district as clerk of the board of education and is active in her church and community. Her experiences with the Flint Hills setting, her natural love for history, farming and animals, along with her interest in genealogical research give her the background and passion to write heart-fluttering historical romance.

Go to authors page and sign up for her newsletter. 

CONGRATS ROBIN WILLSON

YOUR NAME WAS DRAWN

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO ENTER DRAWING

"WORD" BLANKET

BLANKET DESCRIPTION : It is a white, full size fleece type blanket with the first few chapters of Mail-Order Refuge printed on it in light purple script.

1. What do you take most for granted in your life that you'd like to appreciate more?

2. If you have a long commute to work, what luxury would you give up to have a shorter one? 

3. Who do you think taught you to celebrate life when you were growing up, and how?

4. If we entered the space race where do you think we should go? (moon again, mars, somewhere else) Why?

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at norafindinghope@yahoo.com

Nora :o)

TBCN - Where Book Fun Begins!

Author sponsored AD

Views: 323

Replies to This Discussion

I sometimes think about my sight, hearing, ability to walk, use my arms. At my senior age those gifts don’t always work so well but I still can use them. God could take those away at any time. My brother was paralyzed from the waist down a few years ago and has to stay in bed all but 15 min a day. He has severe pressure sores. My pastor’s wife has MS and cannot move any body part except her head but she’s a model of a godly Christian woman.

I tend to complain too much about my body but I’m blessed more than I realize.

Hi Gail.  We are all more blessed than we realize. The remedy, I think, is to count our blessings rather than our infirmities, and then to be thankful for our blessings. I haven't quite mastered being thankful for the things that don't work right, but when I can do it, what a difference that makes!

I think perhaps I take my husband for granted most days. He probably deserves more of my attention than I give him! But then after 51 years, he might be glad I ignore him once in a while. He's a good man who has stuck with me thru thick and thin, and I'm not speaking of my weight, altho that applies too! He is God's gift to me and our family.

Hi Anne. Appreciating our spouses isn't always easy, I'd agree. And yet, doing life with anyone else would be hard to imagine. A few words of appreciation or gratefulness here and there can go a long ways, both on the receiving and the giving end. Thanks for coming along with me on this journey!

One of the things I sometimes take for granted is my health. It isn't until I'm not feeling well, have a migraine, or am sick, that I realize I should be more thankful for the days that I'm feeling wonderful and don't have any health concerns. There are so many people going through difficult times with their health and would love to have the 'feeling-great' days that others sometimes  take for granted. 

Isn't that the truth! Hi Cheryl. "At least you have your health" is a phrase most of us don't like to hear, and yet what you say is so true. What a blessing good health is and so under-valued in those who are fortunate enough to enjoy it. Thanks for coming along with me to celebrate Mail-Order Refuge!

If we entered the space race, I think we should go to (and walk on!) the moon again!  It would be like reliving a piece of history! Don't ask me why I'm so obsessed with it, but the lunar landing was just such an AMAZING achievement! Especially for the technology of the day! And the fact that we've not had a single person back up there to attempt a moon-walk since '72?!?! That's just unbelievable to me! Did you know that there have been only 12 people to ever set foot on the moon, and all of it was 1969-1972? And no one even walked on the moon in '70, so there have been only 3 different years, in ALL of history, that have seen man on the moon! ('69, '71 and '72)

So, yeah. I vote lunar landing with a little moon-walking! Lol

Hi Elly - I bet you would have a rocket full of takers if we were to launch lunar expeditions, but I wouldn't be among them. I have too many memories of the disaster in 1986 to ever want to get near a rocket. But you are so right. That lunar landing history is so compelling and I love learning about it (fiction and non-fiction.) Apollo 13 anyone? But I'll leave the moon-walking to astronauts and amusement parks. Gazing at it and dreaming up romantic stories is more my thing. Thanks for your support of Mail-Order Refuge!

This is so creative Cindy!!

I would love to see T Shirts, Coffee Cups, jackets, and more, with the covers and other stuff from the books the authors write... Thoughts?

Yes - I love this blanket. Some other things I have done have been successful as well. Glad to share websites and ideas with others who are interested.

3. My grandmother was a farm wife and mother of eight and she raised many of them during the Depression. She knew hard work but I always heard singing while she worked and I've heard so many people speak about her humor and her joy of life. She has been gone for many years but she truly is my role model!

Hi Connie. I have so much respect and admiration for the people who lived through the depression and let those hard times make them into a joyful person. My grandparents were like that. So glad you remember your grandmother in such a positive light. A part of her is in you and you can share it with everybody you meet. What a blessing. Thanks so much for your support of Mail-Order Refuge (characters who knew hard work and hard times but emerged stronger and happier than before!)

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Birthdays

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service