MAY "LIVE" EVENT THE CAPTIVATING LADY CHARLOTTE by CAROLYN MILLER 10 PB (ALL ASSIGNED)

ABOUT BOOK: Her heart is her own--but her hand in marriage is another matter

Lady Charlotte Featherington is destined for great things on the marriage market. After all, as the beautiful daughter of a marquess, she should have her pick of the eligible nobility when she debuts. She, however, has love at the top of her list of marriageable attributes. And her romantic heart falls hard for one particularly dashing, attentive suitor. Sadly for Charlotte, her noble father intends her betrothed to be someone far duller.

William Hartwell may be a duke, but he knows he was Charlotte's father's pick, not the young lady's own choice. And the captivating Lady Charlotte does not strike him as a woman who will be wooed by his wealth or title. While she has captured his heart, he has no idea how to win hers in return--and the betrayal and scandal his first wife put him through makes it difficult for him to believe that love can ever be trusted. His only hope is that Charlotte's sense of responsibility will win out over her romantic notions.

Can a widowed duke and a romantically inclined lady negotiate a future and discover a love beyond duty? Will they be able to find healing and hope from the legacy of grace?

Poignant and charming, this is another beautifully written, clean and wholesome Regency romance from Carolyn Miller in the tradition of Georgette Heyer and Julie Klassen. Fans of The Elusive Miss Ellison will meet compelling new characters--and a few old friends.

Congrats to names drawn Below May

Mindy Houng

Elly Cox

Joan Arning

Virginia Winfield

Pam Graber

Gail Hollingsworth

Tina Rice

Carol Smith

Connie Saunders

Cindy Thompson

(I've already given your contact information to the publisher)

AD# Sponsored by Published by Kregel and/author

Views: 697

Replies to This Discussion

Such an amazing book! Such a talented author! Ms. Miller has a way of putting forth her characters' feelings such that you can relate to BOTH parties, see BOTH sides, and understand exactly how and why a character is feeling and reacting the way they are. One minute I'm frustrated with Charlotte, seeing the Duke's point of view, and the next moment I'm seeing HER point of view and upset with HIM for not understanding!
This, the second in the Regency Brides: A Legacy of Grace series, captivated me as wholly as the first (The Elusive Miss Ellison), yet in a completely different way! The characters could not be any more polar opposites to the characters in the first book, yet I cared for them just as deeply and understood and sympathized with them just as well!
"How can this be?" you may ask. My only reply being that I've had this same, strange phenomenon occur while reading Jane Austen novels. Every book is seen "through a different lense", shall we say, and yet each time I'm left feeling that I can understand this character's feelings exactly and I would react in the same way...until I read another character and feel I can understand THEM exactly and I would react in THAT same way.
This series has very quickly climbed it's way onto my Favorite-Regencies list and I only anticipate it's going even higher! (I mean, hello? Book one's villain becomes book three's heroine?! I'm dying here!)
I LOVED this book! It was SO good! Now stop reading this review and get out there and buy yourself a copy!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and The Book Club Network site. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

I posted this review on Amazon, Goodreads, ChristianBooks, DeeperShopping, and Barnes&Noble.

Wow, Elly! Thanks so much - your review has left a HUGE smile on my face.

So glad you enjoyed this - not long to go until book 3!

God bless you,

Carolyn xx

The Captivating Lady Charlotte by Carolyn Miller is book two in the series Regency Brides A Legacy of Grace.  Lady Charlotte Featherington wants to marry for love.  Her parents have found their perfect choice for her—a widowed duke with an infant daughter.  Charlotte resists being matched with someone who is not her idea of an ideal man.

The duke’s past relationship with his unfaithful wife and his lack of trust in any beautiful young lady causes him to resist Lady Charlotte.  However, he finds that he cannot stop thinking about this lovely young lady who has charmed him. 

Charlotte imagines herself in love with a dashing young lord, a friend of her brother, but, as she later learns, he is not what he pretends to be.  He tries to persuade Charlotte that he is the perfect match for her and even stoops to influencing her choice by any means.

The journey of Charlotte and the duke to a promising future together must overcome distrust, mysterious happenings, and danger.  I recommend this enjoyable Regency romance that I received through TBCN in exchange for an honest review.  (posted on Amazon, Good Reads, Christian Books, Deeper Shopping, Barnes & Noble, and Books-a-Million)

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service