CLICK ON THIS LINK to JOIN TBCN On-LINE BOOK CLUB

Discussion starts

JANUARY 21st

1. What did you think about this story? Did it surprise you? If so, in what way.

2. What was unique about the setting of the book? How did it enhance or take away from the story?

3. Did certain parts of the book make you uncomfortable? If so, why? Did this lead to a new understanding or awareness of some aspect of your life you might not have thought about before?

4. Share a passage from the book that you liked, thought was cleaver, didn't see that one coming, or just had to share.

5. Why was Silas surprised when he went to pick up Woolf's things? What didn't the family know? What have you had to do for someone that turned out differently than you expected? Was it a good or bad surprise? Do tell!

6. What story was Woolf writing when he died? Was it fiction, non-fiction or creative nonfiction? How did Aura Rose continue the story? Was it fair of her to pattern characters from those around her? If you were to write a story, what would you write? How would you keep from stealing the actions of someone's life or ask for permission to use them?

7. What was true about the person who inspired the title of Lady Jayne? What was not true about her? What did Aura Rose learn about her mother's love for her? Did Jayne's selfishness bring her happiness? What are some things that might cause her life to crumble? Would you want to live with all these threats of exposure? 

Nora :0)

TBCN Where Book Fun Begins

Views: 170

Replies to This Discussion

LAST QUESTION: What was true about the person who inspired the title of Lady Jayne? What was not true about her? What did Aura Rose learn about her mother's love for her? Did Jayne's selfishness bring her happiness? What are some things that might cause her life to crumble? Would you want to live with all these threats of exposure? 

Excited to discuss and learn what you all thought of Aura Rose's mother. In the beginning of this tale I thought something mysterious had happened to Lady Jayne. I thought she might be dead even. Surly if Lady Jayne loved Woolf and Aura Rose she would do what she could to be with them. Oh, what a surprise when the Aunt took Aura Rose to meet her mother. The Aunt knew where she was all the time.

What another surprise to know that she was married. Lady Jayne (not her name when Aura Rose meets her) is very surprised and not in a good way. Her husband doesn't know about this child (and the other with another man) Crazy! Aunt Eudora knows that Jayne lives in London. She is married to a well-to-do man. The girl does not receive a warm reception. Jayne Windham originally was married to the steward of Lynhurst Manor, and they had a son, Kendrick. She had another affair with Woolf, who was the son of the owner, and they had Aura Rose. Jayne disappeared of her own free will and reinvented herself. (I'm tired already - can't imagine keeping this all straight in real life.)

The steward had her declared dead after many years. He then married Aunt Eudora's daughter, becoming the father of Juliette. He brought his young son, Kendrick, into this marriage.

It's complicated for sure and not all how I thought it would go when the reader finally meets Lady Jayne. What where your first impressions? Did you expect all this. Grin! Do Tell!

I was glad that Lady Jayne was not dead as it gave much more intrigue to her actual story.  Her being such a me person did not surprise me, and I had already guessed that she must have been married as Aunt Eudora actually allowed her own daughter to marry below her class.  

Was so relieved when Lady Jayne showed up at the house in her old room and helped Aurelie solve her Dad’s murder by telling Aurelie about the code between her and her father even though her Dad didn’t quite have his murderer correct.  Was not surprised that it turned out to be Kendrick after I found out about Lady Jayne being married to his father.  Kendrick also did not have the whole story, and maybe would not have been so vindictive if he had.  If only the family had not insisted on keeping everything secret even among themselves, lives would have been so different, but then we would not have had such a great story to read.

Would I want to ever be Lady Jayne?  Never in a million years.  I have known people who were shallow like her and only cared about being adored and material things who ended up living very lonely lives.  Was Lady Jayne happy?  Truthfully, I do not think she was as she admitted to still loving Woolf, but she knew she had made her bed and now she must lie in it.  

In the end my heart went out to Kendrick a man who only wanted to be loved, who wore his heart on his sleeve, never understanding why his mother left. 

Would I want to ever be Lady Jayne?  Never in a million years.  I have known people who were shallow like her and only cared about being adored and material things who ended up living very lonely lives.  Was Lady Jayne happy?  Truthfully, I do not think she was as she admitted to still loving Woolf, but she knew she had made her bed and now she must lie in it.  

In the end my heart went out to Kendrick a man who only wanted to be loved, who wore his heart on his sleeve, never understanding why his mother left. 

I am reading Lady Jane disappears. even though I am again behind i will play catch up with everyone else. I am inspired to read and thats good for me. Just want you to know I have not abandoned the club  I am just slow.  

Hi, Angela;

THRILLED that you are here. It doesn't matter when you finish. It's that you are part of the discussion. I LOVE hearing your thoughts on books. This is a new author to all of us. THANKS for letting us know you are reading and are part of this fun time! 

BLESSINGS TO YOU! and YOURS!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service