Discussion Starts August 21, 2018

SUPER EXCITED TO HEAR WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THE BOOK

Here are a few things to keep in mind

Just like with our monthly giveaways answer the questions you want leave the rest.

We will be having this discussion for the rest of the month - you can make comments even at the beginning of next month too. Don't worry if you haven't finished the book yet.

Please be respective of others opinions. The beauty of book club is seeing what others find and/or see in the story because of their life's experiences.

It's fun when we discussion things with the author that people find things they didn't even know was in there.

OK, I'm going to list questions below. You can answer ONE A DAY if that works for you.

JUMP IN and ANSWER the ones you want to when you can.

REMEMBER We have The Rest of the month to have this discussion.

1. Anything you found fascinating, intriguing? Learn something new? do tell!

2. What was unique about the setting of the story? How did it enhance or take away from the novel?

3. Did certain parts of the book make you feel uncomfortable? If so, why? Did this lead to a new understanding and/or awareness of an event? Situation?

4. Did the characters seem authentic and believable in their roles? Which characters experienced growth and change over the course of the story, and which remained static?

5. Which characters in the book would you most like to meet? Why?

6.In Chapter 9 Wren (Lauren) Hunt tells Emily, "Only by losing everything could I gain the one thing I would've overlooked. Need."

Why would she see "need" as a gain instead of a detriment?

7. Historically, the English people were skittish about having an organized police force. They felt it impinged upon their privacy. At what point does a government-run organization cross the line into privacy invasion?

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT/SHARE?

PLEASE DO! GRIN!

Views: 118

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you, Nora! I'll have to watch the movie this weekend. The book has not become available through my library yet. I may have to purchase it after all.

Thank you for coordinating this book club, Nora!

Thank you for your encouragement and support Sharon. I'm so glad to be able to do this here at TBCN.  Hopefully the other books in our line up will be available at the library. I know that at the 5 libraries in the library system I work at are unavailable and have 4 to 8 people waiting in line to read this book. My face to face book club members are having a hard time checking out The Guernsey Literary Potato Peel Society book too and there are 10 copies throughout the system. I guess it's become popular again because the movie has been out only a few month.

The Next book is The Bookshop at Water's End by Patti Callahan Henry and the one after that is The Butterfly and the Violin by Kristy Cambron,

HAPPY READING!!

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Blessings

Nora :o)

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service