JOIN IN THE FUN

DISCUSSION

BOOK BLURB: Miss Temperance Flowerdew is on her way to work when a stranger suddenly grabs her off the street and sends her on a Chicago-bound train before she can figure out what happened. When Mr. Gilbert Cavendish is called upon to rescue a missing woman, he follows the trail to Chicago only to discover that the woman is his good friend Temperance. Before they can discover who was behind the abduction, they're seen alone together by a New York society matron, putting their reputations at risk. Gilbert is willing to propose marriage--except Temperance will have none of it. She's finally stepped out of the shadow of her relations and won't give up her independence. But when it becomes clear the misunderstanding in Chicago has escalated into a threat on her life and followed her to New York, accepting Gilbert's help in solving the mystery may lead to more than she ever could have dreamed.

FIRST QUESTION (I'll be posting one every day until April 30th)

1. I'd like to know what some of your favorite lines were in this book Along with your favorite characters?

2. What was your initial reaction to the book? Did it hook you immediately, or take some time to get into? What was the turning point? First impression.

3. IF you got the chance to ask the author of this book one question, what would it be?

4. What specific themes did the author emphasize throughout the novel? What do you think they were trying to get across?

5. How do the characters change or evolve throughout the course of the story? What events trigger such changes?

6. Did certain parts of the book make you uncomfortable? If so, why?

7. Which character did you relate to the most, and what was it about them that you connected with?

8. What do you think about the book's cover? How well does it convey what the book is about? 

9. What character in this book would you like most as a friend, why?

10. If you could trade places with one of the characters in this story for a day, which one would it be, why?

11. What lesson, if any, did you learn from reading this book? How has that lesson affected your life?

12. What was the feeling you got when you read the last page and closed the book? Why were you feeling that way?

Views: 101

Replies to This Discussion

The lesson I learned along time ago that was iterated in this story was to always be yourself no matter what others think.  Over the years I have shared this advice with others.  Trust me it takes a great weight off of ones shoulders.

Amen! Amen!

I’ll get to the last page in a moment.  First I want to say I was truly surprised that it was Charles’s wife Alice who was trying to kill Gilbert after she thought her husband was dead as I did not see that coming.  Also to find out if was the same two who the accountant had hired and had several blundered attempts on the Flowerdews attempting to kill Gilbert made me laugh.  How in the world did those two get their reputation?  

Now for my feelings after reading the very last page. Happily Ever After moment of feel good.  Would I ever read another Jen Turano story?  Yes when I need this feeling again.  

I'm glad you brought this up Adriann. I had forgotten about Charles's wife (How could I have??? Grin!) I agree with you. Oh, My!

I'm glad that you'll be checking out more of Jen's books. They are real treasures!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service