ABOUT AUTHOR: KATHRYN CUSHMAN - I graduated from Samford University with a degree in pharmacy, but all my life I knew that I wanted to write a novel “some day”. For me, “some day” came in 2003, when I started writing and never looked back.

My first two manuscripts remain firmly ensconced in the back of my closet (the dust bunnies tell me they really are terrific!). My third attempt became my first published novel.

A Promise to Remember and Leaving Yesterday were both finalists for the American Christian Fiction Writers Carol Award, and Waiting for Daybreak was a finalist in Women’s Fiction for the Inspirational Reader’s Choice Award. 

On the homefront, I’ve been married to the wonderful and handsome Lee for nearly twenty-five years now, and our two daughters are currently braving the worlds of high school and college. 

We’ve lived in Santa Barbara for over twenty years. It’s a beautiful place and I feel blessed to be here (although a seventy degree Christmas still leaves me dreaming of a white one—or at least a colder one!) 

When I’m not writing or reading or braving seventy degree holidays, you’ll find me trying my best to keep up with my daughters in their various theater, softball, dance, and filled-with-activity lives.

ABOUT BOOK: A Personal Drama of Shattered Dreams and Second Chances
A talented runner fully committed to Olympic dreams, Sabrina Rice's future was shattered by a devastating diagnosis. One forfeited scholarship and several years later, she has new goals and dreams that have nothing to do with running--something that's become far too painful to think on.

Until the day she sees Brandy Philip running across the community college campus, easily outpacing security. Sabrina immediately recognizes world-class speed, and it's all the more painful that it belongs to a teenage graffiti artist. When a chance encounter brings the two young women together, Sabrina becomes Brandy's best hope for staying out of juvenile hall. Soon, Sabrina begins to feel an uncomfortable nudge that her new life is just about to be toppled...that God may be calling her to minister to this talented but troubled girl.

MANDATORY ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. This book deals with chronic illness in a young person. How did you make that realistic? (Question from Bethany House's website)

QUESTION:  If you have a special needs child or are a care taker for someone; what skills do you use to help you and your patient through?

Kathryn's Answer : One of my daughters suffers with chronic illness and pain. There is nothing that Sabrina experienced that my daughter has not experienced (actually, Sabrina had it quite a bit easier than the true story). This is the one part of the story that I wrote with complete confidence, because I've been living it for the past six years.

2. This book by Kathryn Cushman talks about doing all the right things in your christian walk but getting different results.  God uses all things for his glory and our Good. Examples of the faith are Joni Earkerson Tada, Corrie Ten Boom and Nick Vujicic these are people walking out their faith in hard times. They are not just surviving but thriving and encouraging others.

QUESTION: Have you been encouraged by any of the above authors or anyone else you know that are rising above their circumstances and encouraging others? What encourages you in hard times?

3. Have you read any of Kathryn Cushman's books? If so, which ones did you like best and why? If not which ones do you have on your WISH list?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING IS LAST DAY OF MONTH*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN  

Views: 622

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for sharing Carrie! This book does sound good!

Although I am not a caregiver at this time, most of my adult life was in giving care at some level. I enjoyed this work with it's rewards and heartaches. I believe you must first love people as they are, seek to make their life easier, and at least more enjoyable. This takes love for them, much emotional and physical strength, and endurance. Cherie

Powerful words Cherie! Thanks for sharing!

I've read almost amish

I didn't really get my chronic illness until I was in my twenties, but I missed 4 complete months and two half-months of school when I was in Grade 3. No fun at all, and I'm still dealing with the chronic illness and will until I go home. My younger sister is a nurse and I'd love to have her living close to me. But her family is growing by leaps and bounds: all four of her children married and she'll shortly have 8 grandchildren, and her youngest son just got married. I suspect they'll wait until his wife has finished her education.

I'm presently reading a book that was written and published privately by the uncle of a friend. He was in Warsaw when Germany began its assault on the city in 1939. He was the son of one three evangelical German missionary brothers to Poland and the rest of the Eastern countries. He writes a fascinating book about his adventures with God and his family, including their emigration to Canada after World War II. I'm just sorry it's not more widely available--though I'm not sure he would have wanted it to be. It was published by a Chinese Christian living in British Columbia as a thank you for telling him and his family the Good News. A truly uplifting book. My friend was also a pastor and is now retired. The book is called NEVER ALONE! by Paul Goetze. Some pastors may have the book floating around.

Fun!

I would like to join! Angela Lambkin , email address is : Jesuslittlelambkin@icloud.com

I haven't read any of her books, but I would love to read Almost Amish!   

I am not a caregiver for such a child.  But my Aunt was growing up.  My grandma used to watch her child so they would not have to put her in a Nursing Home.  They could go refresh themselves and know she was in good hands.  God led me to go pray for her when they gave her 5 months to live.  But God gave me a word of prophecy something I don't do often and told me to tell them she'd live to 50.  I married and moved away through several states when I got word from my brother she passed away.  They sent me her obituary and she lived 3 months past her 50th birthday.  God kept his word.

Sorry to hear of your loss! Thanks for sharing your story Jane!

I have read a couple of Cushman's books and found them encouraging and very readable. I have a friend who lives with lupus and wrote a book titled God of All Comfort which is for those who live with chronic pain. In many situations we all need support from other's experiences.

I agree with you DeeAnn thanks for sharing.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service