Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

ABOUT AUTHOR: Jody Hedlund is an award-winning author of inspirational historical romances, including the best-selling historical, The Preacher's Bride.

As a busy mama-writer, she has the wonderful privilege of teaching her crew of 5 children at home. In between grading math papers and giving spelling tests, she occasionally does a load of laundry and washes dishes. When she's not busy being a mama, you can find her in front of her laptop. Sometimes her family thinks her fingers are super-glued to the keyboard, but in reality she usually finds her writing time in the wee hours of the morning and then for a couple of hours in the afternoon when done with school. She views writing as God's gift to her--a creative outlet that helps bring fresh energy to her parenting.

She's living testimony that amidst the crazy chaos of running a large family, it's still possible to squeeze in time for writing and fulfill the dream of publication. She chronicles both the joys and difficulties of her journey toward publication on her blog, Author Jody Hedlund: http://jodyhedlund.blogspot.com/

ABOUT BOOK: High-Stakes Drama Meets High-Tension Romance

In 1883 Michigan, Lily Young is on a mission to save her lost sister, or die trying. Heedless of the danger, her searches of logging camps lead her to Harrison and into the sights of Connell McCormick, a man doing his best to add to the hard-earned fortunes of his lumber baron father.

Posing during the day as a photographer's assistant, Lily can't understand why any God-fearing citizen would allow evil to persist and why men like Connell McCormick turn a blind eye to the crime rampant in the town. But Connell is boss-man of three of his father's lumber camps in the area, and like most of the other men, he's interested in clearing the pine and earning a profit. He figures as long as he's living an upright life, that's what matters.

Lily challenges everything he thought he knew, and together they work not only to save her sister but to put an end to the corruption that's dominated Harrison for so long.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!!

1. Tell me of a time when you got the best pictures. What were the pictures of? Who took them?

2. When you go get your family pictures taken where do you go or who takes them for you?

3. When you get family pictures take do you dress a special way? If so tell us about it.

********DISCLAIMER:Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the enterer in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway is an author sponsored event and open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is sponsored by the author and is in no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.
Winners will have 2 days to respond to UPDATE YOUR PROFILE to include your name and address - If we haven't heard from you about updating your profile. another name will be picked. If your info is all CORRECT - DO NOTHING - YOU ARE ALL SET!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING SEPT 21st.

Views: 1240

Replies to This Discussion

We hadn't had a family picture taken for years, so this past summer we got our children, their spouses and kids together for a big family picture. Everyone wore a white shirt of some sort and jeans. We took the pictures outdoors under a big tree and some in front of an old barn. They are great - I love them. We look untied like a family. :)

another couple and we drove to Michigan to see the lake lighthouses. It was so much fun trying to get positioned to get a really good photo of each lighthouse. I took the photos; the wife of the other couple did paintings from the photos.

The pictures I treasure are our candid family pictures--from when our son was little and when our foster children were with us. Our foster children are gone now, and our son developed severe mental illness at puberty. It is so nice to be able to look back to those happy days of his childhood and that of our beloved foster children. I just finished scanning all the almost 1000 photos onto a CD to make a family history--We just celebrated our 42th anniversary and our son is now 40---lots of great memories--especially since my parents and my husband's have all passed on. My husband and son aren't that sentimental about them, but as my Mother's Day gift each year, I make them watch a decade worth of pictures with me!

I think my best pictures of any of our children and stepgrandchildren! I love pictures and my walls are full of the beautiful smiles and even some pouts! I love putting them in scrapbooks too! and on photo mugs!

I love my pictures of my children when they were babies. So precious in my older years. I also treasure old pictures of my ancesters given me by an aunt. A few studio photos, and others by family members.
We usually make family pictures now at Christmas when we all have a get together, taken by family. Some really good pictures!
We had some family pictures made when my kids were younger made at Olan Mills.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". My favorite shots have been ones I have took and can remember the time and place, sweet memories. One of my favorites was of my late boyfriend at the lake smiling with his blue eyes twinkling and spanish moss blowing in the background. One of his favorite places for a picnic. I took it and he was smiling at me. What could be more perfect. Would love to read your book as it has romance and suspence. Thanks for sharing. Be sure to make memories on film too.

Five of my grandchildren participated in a Christmas production of Scrooge last year, in the nativity scene. The troupe photographer caught a profile shot of my 8 year old "shepherd" gazing in adoration at the Baby. That grandson had recently responded to the Gospel, and I love seeing the expression on his face.

I grew up in a world of pictures - my Dad was a photographer by hobby and as a freelancer. There were lots of good pictures all mostly now hidden away somewhere. I remember vividly his "dark room" which was half of our stand-alone garage (we didn't have a car back then) coverted with cabinets and shelves. One end was his "photography" or area where he would take pictures and the other end (or half of the room) was for projection and development. There were lines strung where he clipped the wet pictures to dry. He could make "contact prints" as well as enlargements. This was all very old school. He had very large bottles of his development chemicals and rolls (large rolls) of paper that he cut with a paper cutter. Interesting process. I just wish I had learned more from him. One "fun thing" I do remember doing was learning to enlarge an image, and capture a portion of the actual picture by feathering/moving hands between the projection machine and the paper on which it was projected to block out or feather out the portion not wanted. This was especially nice in creating a soft portrait type of image. Days are long gone as he died 30 years ago. I have pictures he made of me as a child when I had the "Shirley Temple" look about me. ;)

Question 2. When we do get a family photo taken we usually go to the studios that are at Walmart. We haven't had a family picture taken in a long time, as I don't like how I look in photos. My son's school usually takes their picture twice a year, so we haven't had any professional pictures taken in a long time.

3.  Years ago, I would make sure that my husband, daughter and I were dressed "in our Sunday best" if we were having a family picture done.  Now, I think that sometimes the best pictures are those taken randomly.

Whoo.. I love taking pictures myself. I have to say I do love candid shots, lately I have been working on getin some posed shots of my family and my husbands family. One of the best pics I got was of my husband youngest niece who is turning 14 this november.

We got family pics done this summer by a wonderful young lady that started her own photgraphy business, we chose a close family friend's ranch for the site to take the pics .

We tried to choose a color for everybody to wear, my hubby and I both wore our cowboy boots for several of our seperate pics.

Our favorite photo is our babies three day;s old cuddled in a yellow blanket.  to be that content and confortable.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service