About the Author: Siri Mitchell has written nearly a dozen novels, three of which were named Christy Award finalists. A graduate of the University of Washington with a business degree, she has worked in many levels of government and lived on three continents. She and her family currently reside in the D.C. metro area. Learn more at www.sirimitchell.com

ABOUT BOOK: Lucy Kendall always assumed she'd help her father in his candy-making business, creating recipes and aiding him in their shared passion. But after a year traveling in Europe, Lucy returns to 1910 St. Louis to find her father unwell and her mother planning to sell the struggling candy company. Determined to help, Lucy vows to create a candy that will reverse their fortunes.

St. Louis newcomer Charlie Clarke is determined to help his father dominate the nation's candy industry. Compromise is not an option when the prize is a father's approval, and falling in love with a business rival is a recipe for disaster when only one company can win. Will these two star-crossed lovers let a competition that turns less than friendly sour their dreams?

MANDATORY ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. What’s your favorite candy and why?
2. The heroine in this book is crowned her city’s Queen of Love and Beauty. If you could be Queen of something, what would it be?
3. The heroine in this book hopes to create a new candy. If you could create something new (it doesn’t have to be food-related), what would it be?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN  

Views: 1699

Replies to This Discussion

My favorite is Dove Dark Chocolates, because the darker the chocolate, the better it is for me and it's yummy besides. A close second is candy corn, just because of memories attached, I think.

I love candy corn! Just the smell makes me think of autumn.

My favorite candy is plain old ordinary Nestle's milk chocolate bar.  They are harder and harder to find as everyone seems to want things with krisps and nuts and other stuff mixed in.  :(

...have to say I haven't seen one in a very long while. Very sad.

As far as creating something, I would wish to be a scientist who would create a vaccine for AIDS. I don't want to many innocent people to suffer who are infected through no fault of their own.

I keep hearing that a vaccine is getting closer. I really hope that's true!

My favorite candy is strawberry twizzlers.  Yum!

I hate black licorice, but I could eat strawberry twizzlers for...a really long time!

Snickers- there's something about chocolate and nuts I can't resist!

...really satisfies, right?

2. The heroine in this book is crowned her city’s Queen of Love and Beauty. If you could be Queen of something, what would it be?

I would be the Queen of Needle and Thread... I love to sew and how God gives me the gift to put puzzles together into garments...

Sounds like a fascinating gift!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service