CLICK BOOK COVER FOR BOOK DISCRIPTION

AUTHOR BIO:  Julie Klassen loves all things Jane--Jane Eyre and Jane Austen. She worked in publishing for sixteen years and now writes full time. Three of her novels have won the Christy Award for Historical Romance. Her book, The Silent Governess, was also a finalist in the Minnesota Book Awards, ForeWord Reviews Book of the Year Awards, and Romance Writers of America's RITA Awards. Julie is a graduate of the University of Illinois. She and her husband have two sons and live near St. Paul, Minnesota. Visit www.julieklassen.com for more information.

BOOK DESCRIPTION: 

Emma Smallwood, determined to help her widowed father regain his spirits when his academy fails, agrees to travel with him to the distant Cornwall coast, to the cliff-top manor of a baronet and his four sons. But after they arrive and begin teaching the younger boys, mysterious things begin to happen and danger mounts. Who does Emma hear playing the pianoforte, only to find the music room empty? Who sneaks into her room at night? Who rips a page from her journal, only to return it with a chilling illustration?

The baronet's older sons, Phillip and Henry, wrestle with problems--and secrets--of their own. They both remember Emma Smallwood from their days at her father's academy. She had been an awkward, studious girl. But now one of them finds himself unexpectedly drawn to her.

When the suspicious acts escalate, can the clever tutor's daughter figure out which brother to blame...and which brother to trust with her heart?

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. What do you like most about reading a regency romance, mystery story?

2, What do you like most about that time period?

3. The front cover of this book really captures the feel of the book. There is a bit of a mystery inside and it involves strange things happening in the middle of the night. Music playing and when she goes to the music room no one is there, heavy footsteps leading up to her door and stopping, notes being passed under her door and left in her room. Would you like to live in a big house like this with lots of people you really didn't know? Just wondering how you felt about that. I for one wouldn't. This book reminded me why? Grin!

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING JANUARY 30th  *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN 

Views: 1387

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Dianne!

Question #3- I do like big houses. However, I would not want to live in a house with lots of people I didn't know. I would feel very uncomfortable.

#2 I love to read about how things were years ago, it has always been some of my favorite readings.

Oh wow! This book sounds super interesting, and kinda scary!!
I am very excited to read it!

#3- At first I think a big house would be kinda fun, so much stuff to explore and see.

But at the same time (mostly at night) I think it would be kind of intimidating and spooky.

As for being around a lot of people I didn't know, I think it would be very hard. I'm sure it would be interesting. I could visit with lots of different people and probably learn a lot of things. But I would get lonely for friends and family.

Anyway thanks for this chance to win!

#1 - combines mystery with romance in a different time period.  Bill McCurry

I like reading Regency because i am interested how people of other times lived. It fascinates me the way the gentry lived compared to everyday people.

I have loved every one of Julie's books and can't wait to read tis one.

Thanks, Kristine!

No, I would not like to live in a huge house with lots of people I didn't know!  How uncomfortable!  I would never be able to rest!!!

3. i wouldn't like to live in a house with people i didn't know, it would be scary.

A big house with lots of servants to clean it would be lovely but not filled with strangers or strange goings on! It reminds me of the gothic stories of old..lots of suspense and mystery. Fine in a book but not in real life, thanks.

I would not like to live in a big house, especially if it is old. I do not like "things that go bump in the night".

2. That period of history is interesting to me because it so vividly delineates status of individuals in society.  The old saying is "rank has its privilege" and usually that is in relation to military rank. However, it certainly applies to periods of history when wealth determined greatly one's rank and lack of wealth and education determined one's status and level that they could not go beyond.  So glad it is not so prevalent today.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service