OCTOBER 16th GIVEAWAY (1) $25.00 GIFT CARD (10) REVIEW COPIES of LORD BENTLEY NEEDS A BRIDE

ABOUT BOOK: LORD BENTLEY NEEDS A BRIDE

It’s late August, and the Earl of Bentley must find, persuade, and marry a titled and moneyed English lady before October 30th or he will lose his estates and finances. So, Bentley, unlearned in the Rules of Love and the intricacies of women’s psyches, confronts a ticking clock. The socially awkward Lord hires a matchmaker.

Lady Camilla Merriweather, eldest daughter of a viscount, must use her considerable beauty to marry a rich, titled, Englishman to save her large family from the poverty brought upon them by huge losses in the stock market. Due to a mix-up, Lady Camilla finds herself at a house party set in motion by the Earl’s matchmaker. Will a series of blunders, misadventures, and competing grooms lead to a happily-ever-after ending?

ANNE GREENE delights in writing about alpha heroes who aren’t afraid to fall on their knees in prayer, and about gutsy heroines. Enjoy her Women of  Courage series which spotlights heroic women of World War II, first book Angel With Steel Wings.Read her Holly Garden Private Investigating series, Handcuffed In Texas, first book Red Is For Rookie. Enjoy her award-winning Scottish historical romances, Masquerade Marriage and Marriage By Arrangement. Love Anne’s seven Novellas, A Texas Christmas Mystery, A Christmas Belle, A Fool For Love, and A Groom For Christmas, Recipe For a Husband, The Marriage Broker and The Mortician, Keara’s Escape, Daredevils, and Spur Of The Moment Bride. Anne’s highest hope is that her stories transport the reader to an awesome new world and touch hearts to seek a deeper spiritual relationship with the Lord Jesus. Buy Anne’s books on http://www.Amazon.com. Type in Anne Greene.

Visit with Anne at www.AnneGreeneAuthor.com,www.facebook.com/AnneWGreeneAuthor, @TheAnneGreene, on Pinterest at The Anne Greene, on Book Fun Magazine at www.bookfun.org/profileAnneGreene, and at www.anneswritingupdates.blogspot.com.

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. What do you like most about this time period?

2. Would you want to be a matchmaker? If so why? If not why?

3. What social rules of this time period struck you as silly? Do Tell!

CONGRATS to WINNIE THOMAS her name was drawn for the Gift Card

CONGRATS TO THE FOLLOWING WINNERS of REVIEW COPIES

Terrill Rosado

MH

Kayla Stierwalt

Bear Stands Alone

Terra Price

Cathy DeYoung

Karen Meyer

San Salsbury

Susan P

Winnie Thomas

PLEASE SEND Anne Your Contact Information Anne Greene annewgreene@gmail.com 

NOTE: When you are done reading the book please post your review HERE and let us know where you've reviewed the book  THANKS!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 319

Replies to This Discussion

Here is my review:
“What a delightfully cute short story! I’ve never read anything by Anne Greene before and this short book was a great introduction to her books. If you like Regency era novels and sweet romance, you’ll totally enjoy this book.

The writing flows well and is easy to read. The prose is quite amusing and sometimes outright funny, especially some of Lord Bentley’s thoughts. The plot moves quickly and keeps the reader engaged. Lord Bentley is an unconventional hero who clearly makes a very different impression on Lady Camilla than the one he has of himself. Lady Camilla is a beautiful young lady full of charm, poise, and grace but poor. She has a negative impression of Lord Bentley at the beginning but realizes who he really is pretty quickly. They each need to marry soon for similar reasons - saving their respective families.
The book is filled with your typical Regency house parties and balls and proper etiquette but made more interesting by Lord Bentley’s reactions to all of the formality since he basically has to learn all of this in a few weeks to acquire a wife.
There is a bit of a plot twist that Lord Bentley’s brother throws in, which helps build the tension in the plot.

I received a review copy of this book from the author through The Book Club Network. I was not required to write a favorable review. All comments and opinions are solely my own.”

I’ve also posted on Goodreads, Amazon, and Bookbubs.

Anne, what did you write?, I'll tell you what you wrote, you wrote a story that was so fun and such a joy to read, if you like BBC programs like my wife and I do, shows like Poriot, Miss Marple, Mid Sumer Murders, Morse, Frost, Up Stairs Down stairs, Duchess of Duke Street, Downton Abby  you'll love this story, it takes place in the early 1800's about a young man pressured by his dying father although it doesn't know that yet and a very jealous brother that will do almost anything to prevent him from getting married so James the older brother will not inherit their fathers fortune, does he find a bride in time? sure does although with the rules of  dating it's a wonder any one got married, the do's and don'ts read like a Hollywood A lister's grocery list  of do and don't buy, Anne does a wonderful job of explaining English Peerage, I always wondered what leavel the Dukes, Earls and all the others at in the royal line, well, out of an act of passion, love, pressure, and forgetting the stupid rules of dating he daringly and boldly takes the beautiful lady Camilla out in to the garden, skin touches, a kiss happens he sits on the same bench  besides her then on his knees he proposes to his one and only, prayers are answered, I got excited right along with Lord Bentley hoping it could pull it off, Lord Bentley needs A Bride I gladly give it two thumbs up, a real winner.

I really enjoyed this fun story. I had not read something by this author previously so was pleased to find it well written and with few grammatical errors. The characters were interesting and the plot kept my attention. I would definitely consider others stories by this author.

How long do these typically take to arrive? I haven't received mine yet. I'm excited to read it. :)

Oh what a lovely weekend read! I adored both Bentley and Camilla as they interacted together. Such a sweet love story and a twist on the “must get married” story line.  Swoon-worthy hero and lovable heroine are well-written and with believable flaws. I loved the whole thing and didn’t want it to end!

goodreads, Bookbub

Thanks for the review Susan, Cathy, MH and Bear Stands Alone

Lord Bentley Needs a Bride has some good plot twists and good information about how men and ladies in the nobility had many trials on the way to getting married. The lists for ranks of nobility, rules for courting, and signals with a lady's fan were an interesting addition. For a novella, the main characters were rounded out enough to see them grow in their trials.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service