JUNE 19th "LIVE" EVENT - SPUR - of- the - MOMENT BRIDE (11) PB (1) Pound Abundant Life Coffee (ALL ASSIGNED)

ABOUT BOOK: Heiress Abby Hollister’s Papa demands she stop toying with young men’s hearts and marry within a month or be disinherited. After reading an ad for a mail-order bride in untamed Laramie, Wyoming, Abby makes a list of characteristics she expects for her husband and sets off to claim the perfect mate and secure her personal fortune. 

Stagecoach driver, Zach Tyler likes his exciting job where he outsmarts robbers and Indians and keeps the stage running regardless of weather, breakdowns, and ornery passengers. But passenger Abby Hollister proves to be an unusual challenge. He protects her on the journey to Laramie, but in that town women are as scarce as a bird’s nest in a cuckoo clock, and men go crazy when the beauty arrives seeking a husband.

ANNE GREENE delights in writing about alpha heroes who aren’t afraid to fall on their knees in prayer, and about gutsy heroines. Enjoy her Women of Courage series which spotlights heroic women of World War II, first book Angel With Steel Wings. Read her Holly Garden Private Investigating series, Handcuffed In Texas, first book Red Is For Rookie. Enjoy her award-winning Scottish historical romances, Masquerade Marriage and Marriage By Arrangement. Love Anne’s seven Novellas, A Texas Christmas Mystery, A Christmas Belle, A Fool For Love, and A Groom For Christmas, Recipe For a Husband, The Marriage Broker and The Mortician, Keara’s Escape, Daredevils, and Spur Of The Moment Bride. Anne’s highest hope is that her stories transport the reader to an awesome new world and touch hearts to seek a deeper spiritual relationship with the Lord Jesus. Buy Anne’s books on http://www.Amazon.com. Type in Anne Greene.

Visit with Anne at www.AnneGreeneAuthor.com, www.facebook.com/AnneWGreeneAuthor, @TheAnneGreene, on Pinterest at The Anne Greene, on Book Fun Magazine at www.bookfun.org/profileAnneGreene, and at www.anneswritingupdates.blogspot.com.

ANNE’S BOOKS  AVAILABLE for PURCHASE

Angel with Steel Wings

Holly Garden, PI: Red Is for Rookie

Masquerade Marriage

Marriage By Arrangement

A Texas Christmas Mystery

A Christmas Belle (Christmas Mail Order Angels)

April Fool's Love

Christmas Mail Order Angels: The complete 11 Volume Set

The California Gold Rush Romance Collection: 9 Stories of Finding T...

Warm Mulled Kisses: A Collection of 10 Christian Christmas Novellas

CONGRATS TO

June winners:

Spur Of The Moment Bride print book

Gail Hollingsworth

Deana Dick

Helen

Deanna Stevens

Jacqueline Robertson

Julie Barrett

Kris Markovich

Vickie Jameson

Ann Rightler

Mary Hake

Robbie Pink won a print book and the pound of coffee

PLEASE Email Anne with your contact information annewgreene@gmail.com

#AD/Giveaway Sponsored by Author

Views: 455

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the review. Sounds like fun!

Spur of the Moment Bride by Anne Green is a novella about a mail order bride and her search for a husband.  Abby Hollister's father has given her an ultimatum - get married or lose her fortune.  Abby sets off on her own after answering an ad in the local paper for a bride.  Little does she know the danger that awaits her!  I enjoyed the story and give it 3 stars.  I look forward to reading more books by this author.

I received a copy of this book from the author through The Book Club Network, Inc. in exchange for my honest review.  All opinions are my own and I was not required to leave a positive review.  My review has been posted on Goodreads, Facebook and Amazon.  I could not find it elsewhere.

Thanks for your review Vickie!

My pleasure!

After being labeled as a tease by her father, and being told to find a husband within 30 days, or lose her inheritance, Abby Hollister sets out to comply.

I enjoyed Abby’s pluckiness in setting out to find a husband. Her experiences on the stagecoach leave you feeling as if you were there with her, feeling cramped, gawked at and made uncomfortable. Also, the dangers of stagecoach rides are aptly illustrated in the portrayal of bad guys, rough terrain and consequences from harsh elements.

Anne Greene is a new author to me and this is the first of her stories I have read. Overall, I enjoyed the story and its uniqueness. However, there were a couple of incidents where Abby’s reference to another character’s personal attributes that possibly could not be helped and a couple of items on her list, were not kind. (I feel it gave me a small insight into the author’s thoughts on other people.)

Spur of the Moment Bride by Anne Greene is a short story, quick and easy to read.

I received the book from the author through The Book Club Network. However, I was not required to write a review.

Thank you for the review!

Nora, 

You are very welcome!

Blessings~

Than you so much for the great book. I have posted my review on my blog, Amazon and GoodReads
“With God’s help, perhaps getting married wouldn’t prove too awful.”

Spur of the Moment Bride is a novella written by Anne Greene. This story takes place in Wyoming in 1880. Abby Hollister has earned the reputation of being a heart breaker. Her father has now told her she must marry within a month or move out and and kiss her inheritance goodbye. She saw an add for a mail order bride and has decided to take the stage coach to Laramie to check out the man before she decides if she will marry him. She has a list of qualities she is wanting, the man must be poor, had to be ugly, had to be kind and older than her.

Stage coach driver Zach Tyler takes his job very seriously and feel he is responsible for his passengers until he gets them to their destination. He feel especially protective of Abby as she is the only woman passenger in an area where women are as scarce as a bird’s nest in a cockcoo clock. When the stage gets to Laramie, the men go crazy and start fighting over who will get Abby. Zach steps in and tries to help her but gets called on a duel instead. Zach is to face the fastest draw in the area, unless Abby is married before then. And even then Abby is not safe until she is with child.

This is a great funny little story, perfect for reading in one sitting. I really enjoyed the humor in the author’s writing. The story is written so well, it was easy to imagine the dust in the stage coach and the frustration Abby must have felt with the men traveling with her. This book would be enjoyed by anyone who enjoys American historical fiction.

I received a copy of this book from the author and Book Club Network. I have chosen to write this honest review.

102 pages

ISBN: 9781544638843

Publisher: Winged Publications

You can read more about the author and books she has written as: http://www.annegreeneauthor.com/

This book can be purchased at https://www.amazon.com/Spur-Moment-Bride-Anne-Greene/dp/1544638841

Thanks for the review Helen

Stagecoach ride to the wild, untamed town of Laramie, Wyoming! I really liked this fun, fast moving story of a mail order bride who had no idea just what she was getting into. I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more by this author.

I posted on Amazon, Goodreads, my blog & FB

Spur of the Moment Bride by Anne Greene is an entertaining and satisfying western romance.  The author writes easy-to-read romances that are based on Christian principles and scripture.  Heiress Abby Hollister’s father gives her an ultimatum: within one month she must marry or lose her fortune.  He has tired of her constant flitting from party to party and from one interested young man to another.  He sets the conditions, and she rises to the challenge.  She chooses to answer an ad for a mail-order bride in wild Laramie, Wyoming.  Thus, begins her quest for a suitable husband.  She has no idea what her stage coach journey will entail nor how her destiny awaits in Laramie.  I recommend this book that I received through TBCN in exchange for an honest review.  Anne Greene’s books are very worthwhile stories that will not disappoint.  (reviews posted on Amazon and Good Reads; not found on Christian books, Deeper Shopping, Barnes & Noble, and Books-a-Million, although other titles by this author were on some)

A short novella, this can easily be read in an afternoon. The compelling story held my interest as an unconventional mail-order bride ventures alone into male-dominated, wild Laramie, Wyoming, in 1880. Abby Hollister gets more than she bargained for in adventure, danger, and a future husband. Can she fend off unwelcome advances to find the man of her dreams? I enjoyed the story but felt like the ending tried to tie up everything too abruptly. I received a copy from Book Fun. All opinions are my own.

Posted on FB and Amazon.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service