GIVEAWAY EVENT

LAST DAY TO ENTER

JANUARY 31

BOOK BLURB: Bar Harbor, Maine 1940 - Nessie McDonald, daughter of a recently deceased lighthouse keeper seeks a husband by Thanksgiving to share the work and responsibility of warning sailors off the rugged Maine coast. She advertises in the Bar Harbor News and cooks gourmet dinners for each would-be husband’s interview.

Kyle Cameron, the injured seaman Nessie rescues from the sea, doesn’t qualify because he must return to his home in Australia to run his enormous sheep station. Yet Kyle, lying on a cot in the kitchen with a broken leg, points out each of Nessie’s aspiring husband’s unsuitability by reading spiritual advice aloud from Lady Jane’s New England Cookbook, Nessie’s mysteriously discovered heirloom. Kyle also offers hilarious Aussie advice.

When Kyle must return home, he cooks up a recipe of his own. 

ABOUT AUTHOR: ANNE GREENE   - Anne lives in the quaint antiquing town of McKinney, Texas, a few miles north of Dallas. Her husband is a retired Colonel, Army Special Forces. Her little brown and white Shih Tzu, Lily Valentine, shares her writing space, curled at her feet.

Besides her first love, writing, she enjoys family, friends, travel, and way too many other things to mention. Life is good. Jesus said, “I am come that you might have life and that you might have it more abundantly.”

Anne’s an award-winning author of twenty-three books. She loves writing about alpha heroes who aren’t afraid to fall on their knees in prayer, and about gutsy heroines. She hopes her stories transport you to awesome new worlds and touch your heart.

CONGRATS to DEBRA LINDQUIST

Your Name was Drawn to receive Anne Greene's Novel.

I've sent your contact information to the author.

THANKS to everyone for making this a Book Fun Place to be.

Nora :o)

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO ENTER DRAWING

1.  If you are a person who uses cookbooks (like me Grin) Which ones are your favorite? Why?

2. This book takes about lighthouses. What fascinates you about lighthouses? Have any favorites?

3. Anyone ever want to visit Australia? Anyone been there? If so what did you see? If not, what would you like to see?

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at nora@bookfunmagazine.com 

Nora :o)

TBCN Where Book Fun Begins!

AD/Featured author

Views: 84

Replies to This Discussion

I actually collect lighthouses. To me they are a beacon of hope and light. You may find yourself in the dark, but when a lighthouse appears, God’s light is there to guide you to safety. I hope someday I can visit a lighthouse. 

I have an old Betty Crocker cookbook that was given to me as a wedding gift 39 years ago. I still refer to it, especially for some of my favorite recipes. 

I would like to go to Australia.  I would like to see the landscape, the kangaroos out in the wild, and I would like to go to Hillsong ministry.

I love light houses. there is something romantic and yet mysterious at the same time. I feel like a light house has many secrets that need to be explored. I dont think I have read a book with a light house in it yet. I would love to.

quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

Don’t enter me. I’ve read and reviewed this book. It is soooo good! Best of luck to all who enter and if you don’t win consider purchasing it. You won’t regret it.

My favorite recipe book is an 40+ year old Betty Crocker. It has the good tried and true recipes that turn out right every time.

1. My favorite cookbook is Goosebeery Patch's 5 Ingredients or Less. I'm not a fan of cooking so the simpler the better in my book. Thanks for the chance to win a prize.

I use to local cookbooks for several of my recipes-Woodbush School Cookbook and Everett Free Library cookbook.

1. I love Gooseberry Patch cookbooks because they have little tidbits at the bottom of each page, funny sayings, helpful hints and other fun things, They also have great Christmas books with crafts. I also like the Cake Doctor book! You can make a rare cake from a boxed cake!

I use a Betty Crocker cookbook that I received in 1979 and I also use a few church cookbooks, but the majority of my recipes come from Pinterest.

I have this book and I just Love it! I love my "Joy of Cooking " cookbook. Anne Greene is an Awesome author!

I use cookbooks all the time.  I love the Betty Crocker cookbook for all the practical things it has.  I love church cookbook for tried and true recipes and I am currently using the Trim Healthy Mama cookbook to improve my health.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service