GIVEAWAY EVENT - Kicks off at

"Live" Chat

JANUARY 15th at 8 PM

Eastern Standard Time

ABOUT BOOK: LORD BENTLEY NEEDS A BRIDE

It’s late August, and the Earl of Bentley must find, persuade, and marry a titled and moneyed English lady before October 30th or he will lose his estates and finances. So, Bentley, unlearned in the Rules of Love and the intricacies of women’s psyches, confronts a ticking clock. The socially awkward Lord hires a matchmaker.

Lady Camilla Merriweather, eldest daughter of a viscount, must use her considerable beauty to marry a rich, titled, Englishman to save her large family from the poverty brought upon them by huge losses in the stock market. Due to a mix-up, Lady Camilla finds herself at a house party set in motion by the Earl’s matchmaker. Will a series of blunders, misadventures, and competing grooms lead to a happily-ever-after ending?

ANNE GREENE delights in writing about alpha heroes who aren’t afraid to fall on their knees in prayer, and about gutsy heroines. Enjoy her Women of  Courage series which spotlights heroic women of World War II, first book Angel With Steel Wings.Read her Holly Garden Private Investigating series, Handcuffed In Texas, first book Red Is For Rookie. Enjoy her award-winning Scottish historical romances, Masquerade Marriage and Marriage By Arrangement. Love Anne’s seven Novellas, A Texas Christmas Mystery, A Christmas Belle, A Fool For Love, and A Groom For Christmas, Recipe For a Husband, The Marriage Broker and The Mortician, Keara’s Escape, Daredevils, and Spur Of The Moment Bride. Anne’s highest hope is that her stories transport the reader to an awesome new world and touch hearts to seek a deeper spiritual relationship with the Lord Jesus. Buy Anne’s books on http://www.Amazon.com. Type in Anne Greene.

Visit with Anne at www.AnneGreeneAuthor.com,www.facebook.com/AnneWGreeneAuthor, @TheAnneGreene, on Pinterest at The Anne Greene, on Book Fun Magazine at www.bookfun.org/profileAnneGreene, and at www.anneswritingupdates.blogspot.com

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. Would you have liked being a Matchmaker in the 1800s?

2. Do you believe a rich Lord would have difficulty finding a bride?

3. Has there been a Matchmaker in your own life and romance?

NOTE: When you are done reading the book please post your review HERE and let us know where you've reviewed the book  THANKS!

CONGRATS TO THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE

Abbie Peterson Gift Card and print book

Linda Edwards
Jennifer J. Bunderle
Sylvia Miller
Julie Barrett
Kate Burlakoff
Gina Johnson
Deana Dick
Victoria Pless
Jacquline Robertson

I need snail mail addresses to send them a print book of Lord Bentley Needs A Bride
PLEASE EMAIL Anne Greene at annegreene@gmail.com

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 404

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you.  Email sent. 

Sent email. Thank you 

Address sent

Lord Bentley Needs a Bride by Anne Greene
Book starts out with Bentley and he knows he has to find a wife very soon so he as the oldest can take over the estate and the management of it.
His younger brother has sabotaged all that with the rumors going around town.
Book also follows Camille Meriweather who has younger sisters and a father and knows she needs to get out from under her father's care.
Bentley after conversing with Sebastian his friend, take the advice of an aunt with the rules of love and rules of the fan and what is meant by different movements.
He throws a stay over party for several woman as he tries to get to know them. Problem is things go missing, the list of women are NOT the ones that should've been invited and things just get worse.
Love the things they do have in common, God foremost and horses. Then he learns of why he has to marry even sooner than expected and he's not sure she will take him as a spouse when she's courting two other dukes.
Like turmoil in this one as it throws a wrench in the fire.
Other works by the author and her bio at included at the end.
Received this review copy from the author via Bookfun.org and this is my honest opinion.

Posted  reviews: goodreads, amazon, librarything, pinterest, facebook, twitter, google, linkedin, booklikes, bookbub, etc

Thanks for your review Julie!

This is another winner from Anne Greene.  I have yet to read something of hers that I did not like. Thank you Anne.

This is a Regency novella of about 100 pages. It was a quick and easy read. Not really long enough for the main characters to be fully developed but developed well enough you felt they were somewhat believable. I do not give the synopsis in my reviews, you can find that on the book itself. I try to give you my opinion and tell you if I think you would like it or not. My opinion is YES, it is a fun, light-hearted book. The editing was well done. Editing can make or break a book for me. This is also a Christian novella. It is not a preachy kind of book, but does bring in that it is important to know and follow God's will.

I was given this book through Bookfun.org and I am willingly writing this review to help others decide if they want to read it or not. This review is also posted on: Amazon, Goodreads, Librarything, and tulipfive.wixsite.com/website/blank-1/2018/03/12/Lord-Bentley-Needs-a-Bride

Thanks for the review Victoria!

The Regency is my favorite time period to read about and I am always looking for new authors to enjoy. This particular novella introduces us to Lord Bentley, who is under a command from his father to marry or lose his status as the one who will inherit the family holdings.

The time can be rather complicated but the author includes a note about the English Peerage at the beginning, helping us understand how the nobility ranked and was addressed. Within the story are several instances of customs and specific concepts that are unique to the era, like books on how to conduct oneself in society and why estates couldn’t be divided evenly among siblings, or my personal favorite, the language of the fan.

Unfortunately, there are several grammatical errors, typos, and even a story lapse that diminished my enjoyment somewhat. I am sure future editions will correct these issues, however, so hope that doesn’t keep others from giving this author a try.

Those who enjoy Regency romance will likely find this novella a pleasant way to spend an hour or two—I did. If anything, this left me wanting an expanded story with more time with these characters. Should this author write a novel-length book within this setting, I would love to read it.

I received a review copy of this book from the author through The Book Club Network but was under no obligation to post a positive review. The opinions expressed are both honest and my own.

I posted the above review at:

Goodreads (which also shares it to my Facebook wall):  https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2333940909

Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/review/RLO0T7EL5SW61/ref=pe_1098610_13771620...

Pinterest:  https://pinterest.com/pin/274438171027567440/

Thanks for the opportunity to read and review!

Lord Bentley Needs A Bride by Anne Greene is a Regency, part of the Fall’n for You/Matchmaker Boxed Set.  Anne Greene’s books are scripture based and convey the abundant life that Jesus provides.  This short book shows how God leads and guides in the characters’ lives.

The father of the Earl of Bentley imposes the condition of a marriage with a titled and wealthy English lady by the 30th of October or he will lose the title of Earl and the estates, lands, and finances to his younger brother.  The Earl wants a grandchild, an heir, and insists that his son find a suitable lady soon. His efforts to find someone to love seems daunting, and he hires a matchmaker to help in his search. 

Lady Camilla Merriweather, the oldest daughter of a viscount who suffered huge losses in the stock market, must save the family name and the fate of her younger sisters.  If she does not find a rich, titled suitor, the family and name will be disgraced.  Fortunately, her beauty is in her favor, and she soon has two dukes and a marquess interested in her.

The story is a very entertaining one of the journey of these two characters.  Through a mixed-up matchmaking ploy and misinformation about the reputation of Lord Bentley supplied to Camilla the adventure takes many interesting twists and turns.  I recommend this delightful Regency story that was given to me in exchange for an honest review.  (posted on Amazon and Good Reads; although some other titles were found, not found on Christian Books, Deeper Shopping, Barnes & Noble, and Books-a-Million)

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service