SEPTEMBER 18th/OCTOBER 16th (1) KINDLE FIRE HD8 GIVEAWAY (10) EBooks REVIEW COPIES LIFE IN CHAPEL SPRINGS ALL ASSIGNED

GIVEAWAY EVENT - Kicks off at

"Live" Chat SEPTEMBER 18th at

8 PM  Eastern Standard Time

ABOUT BOOK: Is it a midlife pregnancy or ... cancer? Claire will keep her secret until she s sure but it is not easy. Neither is trying to buy a home pregnancy test without anyone finding out. Between her twins double wedding, the caterer canceling, a looming nationwide art tour and her health, Claire s life is upside down. 

Shy Lacey Dawson was happily writing murder mysteries for the community theater with her eye on Broadway. Then, a freak accident causes her traumatic injuries requiring facial reconstruction. When the bandages come off, Lacey s world is turned inside out. Will Chapel Springs rally behind its own ... or will life unravel? 

When the mayor announces he has found quartz on his land, the local TV station reports: Where there s quartz, there s gold. Then Mayor Riley discovers Howie Newlander has bought the mineral rights to his land. Howie and his nefarious investors are struck with gold fever and set out to buy all the homes in Chapel Springs and mine the gold. Will life in Chapel Springs become the tailings of a gold mine?

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. If you could re-do High School, first of all, would you? Second, what would you do differently?

2. Out of all the electronic devices in your house, What was your favorite? Why?

3. What's your favorite way to watch movies?

CONGRATS TO KINDLE WINNER

DEANNA DICK

PLEASE Send your contact information to Ane Mulligan anemulligan@gmail.com

CONGRATS TO 10 WINNERS

of REVIEW BOOKS

1. Carol Smith

2. Connie Saunders

3. Julie Barrett

4. Victoria Pless

5. Carrie Gould

6. Sonnetta Jones

7. Virginia Winfield

8. Vickie Jameson

9. Carol Smith

10. Carlton S. 

NOTE: If you are interested in REVIEWING Ane's NEW book  - PLEASE mention that you'd like to put your name in for the Life in Chapel Springs.

(Make Sure that Your Name, Address and Phone Number are CURRENT - We will be using that information in the drawing)

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 326

Replies to This Discussion

My favorite way to watch movies is at home, snuggled on the couch with my family. We make popcorn and have snacks...a fun family night.
I like to watch movies at home on my laptop that I borrow from my hubby. I’m not big on going out so being comfy at home watching a movie is fun.
My favorite household device is my iPhone dock. I like that I can charge my phone at night and also listen to my rainforest music as I go to sleep.

I would like to redo high school.  Not only would I apply myself more (although I did complete college and taught school for 38 years) but also I would be more involved in extra-curricular activities like choir and drama club. 

I don't watch many movies but infrequently videos or online.

CONGRATS TO 10 WINNERS

of REVIEW BOOKS

1. Carol Smith

2. Connie Saunders

3. Julie Barrett

4. Victoria Pless

5. Carrie Gould

6. Sonnetta Jones

7. Virginia Winfield

8. Vickie Jameson

9. Carol Smith

10. Carlton S. 

CONGRATS TO KINDLE WINNER

DEANNA DICK

PLEASE Send your contact information to Ane Mulligan anemulligan@gmail.com

Thank you so much. Sent email to Ane.

The following review has been posted on Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Facebook and G+. Thank you, Ane!

I thoroughly enjoyed Life in Chapel Springs! The plot and the characters in this small town are fabulous. The folks have many of the same challenges as many readers, and they show how faith helps meet those challenges. The author gives us a heartwarming and suspenseful novel that is satisfying long after the final page is turned.

Mayor Felix Riley discovers a lot of quartz on his land and wants to learn about mining it. Where there is quartz, there is often gold, and there was a limited amount of gold mined in area in the 1800’s. Riley’s research led to a nasty discovery. Howie Newlander, local schemer, purchased mineral rights to Riley’s and several other homeowners’ property. It might be just a matter of time before he begins to mine it, destroying the town.

Claire and Patsy, her best friend since childhood, are 48. They have a gallery where they sell their artwork, the Painted Loon. Claire is a potter who creates vases, mugs, etc. with whimsical critters, and Patsy is a painter. Their careers are very successful and they are preparing for an upcoming tour. Claire’s twin daughters will get married in a couple months in a double ceremony. It is not the ideal time, then, for Claire to think she might be pregnant, or possibly have cancer. The fear of either is on her mind and she continues to give it to the Lord. She doesn’t want to have a child at this age, especially since they have grandchildren.

Lacey is an extreme introvert; only her husband Jake really understands her. She tends to fade into the background. She doesn’t want to stand out, but she wants her work to stand out. By day she is a loan officer at the bank, working for her brother-in-law. By night she is an author, writing mysteries in the form of plays which are brought to life by the local theater group. One night when looking at the special lighting being installed, a terrible accident occurred, shattering her face and endangering her life. The surgeons who re-created her face tried to do so from a photo, but she awakens with a different face. As if a change of identity isn’t enough, the insurance carrier has denied the claim on the grounds that the plastic surgery, required to put her back together, improved her appearance.

Each of the characters are designed with care; they are as well-defined as necessary for their roles. We learn about them through their dialog and descriptive prose. I like Lacey best, then Claire and Patsy. Each are successful in what they do, even though Lacey often sells herself short. She is not a Christian before the accident, and especially not immediately following her surgeries. Seeing how her husband, the other ladies, and a fellow author, Carin, are supportive of her is part of the joy of the process.

I was invested in this novel from the beginning. The mystery surrounding the mineral rights and how the town might try to work together keeps the pages turning. The health concerns of Claire and the results of the accident for Lacey turn the pages faster. What holds it all together is how many of the folks look to the Lord and help each other. The challenges kept me guessing throughout and the surprises at the end are satisfying. It can be read as a standalone novel or as part of the series. This delightful, sometimes humorous, and realistic novel can be enjoyed by women of all ages, and I highly recommend it.

From a grateful heart: I was given this eBook by Book Fun (The Book Club Network) and here is my honest review.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service