GIVEAWAY EVENT

- Kicks off at "Live" Chat

FEBRUARY 19th at 8 PM Eastern Standard Time

ABOUT BOOK: A homeless author, a heartbroken daughter, and a theater ghost. There's trouble in Chapel Springs. There's always someone new in Chapel Springs someone who is either coming home or stirring up trouble. A best-selling author's latest book is a flop. While the reviewers are happily skewering her, her race-car-driver-husband walks out on her and she's evicted, because he hasn't paid the lease on their condo for the last three months. Then she discovers he also he drained their bank accounts. Homeless and broke, she and her little boy have no choice but to retreat to the house she inherited from her nana in Chapel Springs the house that's been gutted. Then, a stranger knocks on her door. One that will change the course of her life. 

Howie Newlander is back in town. After the residents thwarted his plans for a Miami-style resort on Chapel Lake, he's running for mayor and stirring up the farmers by spreading rumors about diverted water and misused taxes. The Lakeside Players want to remodel the town's old theater, named for Claire's late great-aunt. Empty and boarded up for the last forty years, the theatre is rumored to be haunted. When Newlander and Mayor Riley go head-to-head, Claire gets caught in the middle. 

Claire's youngest daughter is in love with a non-believer whose daddy is Claire's nemesis, the mayor. Having him part of her family isn't in her plan. The years of heartache before her husband became a Christian should warn her daughter off this boy. So far, her daughter's heart isn't hearing the warnings. With hearts pulled in all directions, will they find a home in Chapel Springs?

ABOUT AUTHOR: While a large, floppy straw hat is her favorite, Ane has worn many different ones: hairdresser, legislative affairs director (that's a fancy name for a lobbyist), drama director, playwright, humor columnist, and novelist. Her lifetime experience provides a plethora of fodder for her Southern-fried fiction (try saying that three times fast). 

Ane firmly believes coffee and chocolate are two of the four major food groups. Her passion when she isn't writing her Southern-fried Fiction, is Community Theatre. She's Creative Director of Players Guild@Sugar Hill, an avocational non-profit theatre group, where she and her husband act, direct, build sets, and are chief gofors. 

Contributor to the award-winning literary site, Novel Rocket, Ane resides in Sugar Hill, GA, with her artist husband, her chef son, and a wooly mammoth. 

You can find Ane on her website and blog: http://www.anemulligan.com. If you'd like to see a map of Chapel Springs showing you where all the characters live, visit http://www.anemulligan.com

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. Chapel Springs is a place I'd like to live. I feel it's a character in all of Ane's books in this series. It's a place were everyone feels at home. Is there a story you've read that after reading the book you wanted to go there? If so, tell us of the place you'd like to be?

2. Is there a magical place you read about as a kid you wanted to be part of, go to? For example Never Never land? Live with Snow White and the seven dwarf's? Walk through the Narnia Wardrobe? Love'd to hear about it.

3. If you've read one of Ane Mulligan's books tell me what you loved about being in Chapel Springs? 

Views: 177

Replies to This Discussion

I would have to say Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. Just a place of silly, working, singing fun, out in the woods. Guess because I loved camping as a child and to this very day in the woods off the grid makes me think of the story. 

2. I always thought it would fun to go through the wardrobe to Narnia or be a part of a house where Mary Poppins was a nanny.  Narnia was such a magical place, but a little scary at the same time.  I would have loved to jump into one of Bert's chalk paintings, too.  Thank you for the chance to win a copy of your book.  I love Chapel Springs.

Sheila Roberts had a book series based in a town called Icicle Falls.  I’d love to visit the sites there and meet the people. The chocolate shop, Gingerbread House, the restaurant and try their famous chocolate kiss drink. It’s actually based on her town in Washington called Leavenworth. A Bavarian style town.

What I love most about Chapel Springs is the group of ladies that meet in the morning at the pastry shop for coffee before they go their separate ways for the day. I would love to be a part of a group like that. When I read about Chapel Springs, I almost feel like I am part of it.

I'd love to visit Irene Hannon's Hope Harbor. A small coastal town sounds delightful!

I'd love to walk the the Narnia Wardrobe... So much adventure and friends to meet!

I loved Nancy Drew and I enjoyed reading about her life and adventures but a few years ago I discovered a Guideposts book series called Grace Chapel Inn and I think that Acorn Hill, Pennsylvania, would be a wonderful place to live!

I would love to read this book by Ane! Thanks for this chance.

I enjoyed Susanne Dietze's book My Heart Belongs in Ruby City, Idaho. I love old west town settings. They remind me of the town setting on Dr. Quinn.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Another Important Poll

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service