Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

Sponsored by Alana Terry   #ad

ABOUT THE BOOK (286 pages):

A rogue police officer can ruin a lot more than a perfect evening out.

When Kennedy Stern and her best friend Reuben drag themselves away from their grueling studies to enjoy a night off campus, getting pulled over by a belligerent cop isn't in either of their plans. 

When the police altercation turns violent, the media notes Reuben's dark skin and labels this instance of police brutality a hate crime. Those Kennedy trusts the most warn her not to get involved, but she owes it to Reuben to pursue justice regardless of the personal cost. 

Nothing remains a secret when a frenzied media and an embarrassed police department delve into Kennedy's and Reuben's backgrounds. Some truths, unfortunately, grow increasingly more painful the closer they get to the surface.

Views: 812

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Karen, so glad you liked the book and thanks a bunch for the review!

Are there any e books left. Would love one  12 weeks

Alana Terry has written another suspense-filled book centered around Kennedy Stern. In this book, Policed, Kennedy and her friend Reuben decide to take a night and go to the opera. On the way they are pulled over by a officer who seems to have hatred issues. Soon he is beating on the two friends, and due to Reuben's dark skin, it is reported as a hate crime. As they become the investigated, all truths are uncovered.

I chose this book because of Alana Terry's reputation with books that I have read of hers in the past. I have discovered that the Kennedy Stern series pulls me in within the first few pages and then does not let me go until the end. Policed took the story line from some of today's headlines and made them personal, as I was able to relate to the characters deeply.

I highly recommend this book and all others to anyone that enjoys suspense books with a Christian undertone.

I was given this book by the author in exchange for my honest review.

This book review has also been posted on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Goodreads

http://ksnapier.blogspot.com/2017/02/book-review-policed-by-alana-t...

https://ksnapier475.wordpress.com/2017/02/08/book-review-policed-by...

Aw, thanks Kim! You're awesome!

Hello, friends. Is anyone willing to lend me their ebook? If yes, please let me know and I'll send you my Kindle e-mail. Thanks!

Hi Vickie, I don't think lending the free ebooks is allowed in this group. Might have to check.

Hey! You are correct. I saw that after I posted the request. Still learning the "ins and outs" of this club. I just need to buy it. Can't be missing it when I have the rest of the books in the series, right?

Ok, thanks for looking into that. I'm learning all the ins and outs too!!!

But you can always email me your most recent review and then request the one you don't have!

I like that! Will do. You're a gem!
Posted my review at Amazon, goodreads, Librarything, Barnes and Noble and my website at http://bigreadersite.wordpress.com. Enjoyed.

Thank you so much!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service