ABOUT MINISTRY - We began Abundant Life Coffee in 2012 as a way to get more involved in western Honduras with the added goal of helping families economically but in a sustainable way. We do this by purchasing their premium grade specialty coffee for prices that are more than only fair and export the unroasted green coffee to the Atlanta area. We then distribute the green coffee to several different specialty coffee roasters in the southeast U.S. If you would like to support this effort and enjoy excellent premium coffee, order from our friends at Blue Donkey Coffee. To place your order, visit www.bluedonkeycoffee.com/shop and select Honduras Lencas Cocatecal 

CONGRATS ANNE RIGHTLER

YOUR NAME WAS DRAWN

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO ENTER DRAWING

1. Greg Hines article "New Things" on TBCN Blog. Click Link to Read it.

https://psalm516.blogspot.com/2019/08/new-things-greg-hines-coffee-... 

What did you learn from this article. 

2. What's an activity you thought you hated but then tried and liked it?

3. What memories come to mind when you think of your first car (or bicycle)?

THANKS for helping TBCN The Book Fun Place To Be

If you have any question please feel free to contact me at nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora :o)

Views: 46

Replies to This Discussion

I got my first bike at 8. I was clumsy and didn't want Dad to take off the training wheels. I still remember when he ran along holding on to the back and then let go. I didn't realize I was riding on my own.

My first car was nothing fancy but I hard saved my pennies to purchase it and be able to afford the insurance. It was a feeling of accomplishment when that day came!

My parents couldn’t afford much in the way of a car for me. Dad paid $350 for an Opal Cadet station wagon. It had holes in the floor board (covered with mats) and tires as bald as a baby’s butt. No insurance either. God was with me for sure. On my way to church one Sunday I hit a wet spot in the road and the car did a 180 spin. Thankful no cars were coming!

It wasn't my first bike but a friend's bike that his mother said I could ride. And of course I crashed it! My poor knee and his poor bike. It wasn't my first car but it was a nice blue Pinto. And on my way home from work one night I crashed it! Into a freight train. My poor body and my poor Pinto! But God is good and I lived to tell the tale. 

My first car belong to my mother.  It was an older car (from the 60s I think) and it was a hideous mustard color.  However, it did the job of getting me to work in high school.  The bicycle I loved the most was the one my father purchased for me when I started high school.  It was an ugly brown color but it was big baskets on it.  I could quickly zip to school and home in less than five minutes.  I could fit all my textbooks in the baskets.  I loved that bike.  

Q2 Crocheting. I had to try 3 times over the span of a couple decades or so and now I get it and enjoy doing it :)

I grew up on a farm.  We raised chickens.  I never really liked plucking the feathers.  But then me and my siblings would have contests to see who could pluck the feathers the fastest - that made it at least a little fun.

3. My first bike was actually not mine but my brother's. He was given a new bicycle for his birthday and he was supposed to let me ride it. He did but not as often as I would have liked :-)

CONGRATS ANNE RIGHTLER

YOUR NAME WAS DRAWN

I've sent your contact information to Abundant Life Coffee

THANKS for helping make TBCN the Book Fun Place to Be!

More Book Fun Ahead!

Nora :o)

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service