We have a secret that we might be announcing soon. We have worked long hours and networked with lots of people to take this network to the next level and beyond...

We want your input!

Suppose you could change anything about Book Fun? What would it be?

What would you keep the same?

I know we are complicated and most of this is due to how active our people are. There is so much going on her that a new person can get lost very easily... we are working on this.

Please be creative and suggest whatever you want? What would you change? What would you keep the same... don't forget to tell us why?

We are going to change and we want you to be happy!

Views: 821

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I enter lots of contests and win books but I find your site difficult to navigate.  I missed out on book review readers because I cannot figure out how to enter for the book reviews.  I went on a chat and was so overwhelmed with all the chatter that I couldn't keep up and then even though I made some comments, I  didn't win anything.  Your site is just too complicated with too much going on, and I cannot navigate through it easily.  Thanks,  SM

I am somewhat new and I love the choices you bring to us for review! I always appreciate Phred's hard work and emails!

I will be honest~ I am one of those that is totally lost!  Also, in reading other suggestions, I agree with others asking for the comment to be included in the email instead of going to the link and trying to figure it all out. 

I am happy to be part of this site. I must say, as a newbie, it is very overwhelming. 

Cindy Thompson (who posted a suggestion for a cleaner look) hit the nail on the head. As a newbie, I'm overwhelmed when I visit:

1. Because I'm not exactly sure what to do or where to go, and
2. Because it feels overcrowded.

Using minimal text with a link for further reading (as Cindy suggested) might alleviate of the 'overload' I feel when visiting.

I really don't know where I'm supposed to go or what I'm supposed to do. I suppose when people grow accustomed to TBCN the navigation comes easier, but for a newcomer--it's intimidating. Perhaps there could be a "Newbie" tab with information such as:

*About us(link) - telling the purpose of the site, etc.
*Choose your book here(link) - cover art with link to reviews
*Post reviews here(link) - perhaps after the other reviews to the book there's a link to post your own
*What the chats are all about(link) 

This feature may already be on the site, but like I said, I feel overwhelmed by the overload and have limited time to navigate for the info.

A clean and concise welcome area would be much appreciated for an anal, organizational freak like myself. heh heh

Thank you for being open to change and hearing our suggestions. :) 

I would have a gallery of e-books and display the feature or each book to encourage people writing higher technology piece of ebook. Plus give Authors a chance to display their name and work while at it with this gallery view, It could be like a carousel view or flip page like.

I just read a lot of the posts and realized that because I have been here for awhile before the site grew so much that I did not so much notice how it would be overwhelming to a newbie to encounter all that is available on the homepage. That first impression is so important. I love this site. I have enjoyed the homepage as it is so I can zip around in it and find what interests me. But my capacity to absorb it all grew along with the site. Thank you, Phred, for listening to everyone's ideas. You are doing a fabulous job in coordinating it all.

I am very new to Book Fun so I would not make any changes at this point.  Perhaps when I am more familiar with the site I will be able to offer helpful suggestions.

Alacia Kearse

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service