p style="text-align: center;">p>

SEPTEMBER 2015 FEATURED AUTHOR THE MISTRESS OF TALL ACRES by LAURA FRANTZ 5 BOOK GIVEAWAY

ABOUT AUTHOR:  Laura Frantz is passionate about all things historical, particularly the 18th-century, and writes her manuscripts in longhand first. Her stories often incorporate Scottish themes that reflect her family heritage. She is a direct descendant of George Hume, Wedderburn Castle, Berwickshire, Scotland, who was exiled to the American colonies for his role in the Jacobite Rebellion of 1715, settled in Virginia, and is credited with teaching George Washington surveying in the years 1748-1750. Her family resides in Kentucky and Virginia.

According to Publishers Weekly, "Frantz has done her historical homework." With her signature attention to historical detail and emotional depth, she is represented by Janet Kobobel Grant, Literary Agent & Founder, Books & Such Literary Agency of Santa Rosa, California.

Readers can find her at www.laurafrantz.net

MANDATORY ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1.Would you, like Sophie in The Mistress of Tall Acre, agree to a marriage of convenience?

2. Which historical figure would you like most to meet?

3. Which historical figure would you most like to be?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING IS LAST DAY OF MONTH*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN  

See the interview and leave comments here:

http://psalm516.blogspot.com/2015/09/laura-frantz-up-close-and-pers...

Views: 544

Replies to This Discussion

I love reading fiction about marriages of convenience or mail order brides but couldn't see myself agreeing to such an arrangement. However, I did meet my husband of 34 years on a blind date but I spent two years getting to know him before we married.
I'm sure it really happened way back in history but I think it's a shame that women had to do that to survive in many cases.

Gail, Your real life romance does have some parallels to an old-fashioned match though I'm glad you took your time and made sure he was the one! It is sad that women often married against their will or for mercenary reasons. Makes me thankful I'm living in this century! Thanks for your comments and being the first to chime in here. You make it extra fun!

THANKS for this fun and personal interview Laura. If you all haven't had a chance to read this interview with Laura where she talks about her new book The Mistress of Tall Acres You'll want to click on this link to read it. Laura has included some beautiful personal pictures you don't want to miss!! http://psalm516.blogspot.com/2015/09/laura-frantz-up-close-and-pers... 

I would like to meet Jesus' mother.

Mary Hake

Dear Mary, Those few words say SO much. I agree with you. What an extraordinary woman she must have been. It's a privilege/honor to think of meeting her in heaven.

Karen, We may very well be distant kin! Kemp is a lovely name and one that isn't heard too often, thus making it even more special. Those Humes were quite a family. Sad that George of the 17th-c. lost several sons to the British in battle. Amazing that the line continued as several brothers were childless. Amazing history indeed! Like you, reputable character means so much. Courage and faith are certainly requirements. Glad we have more options today! Thanks so much for your gracious spirit:)

I have always liked Abraham Lincoln's wife, Mary Todd Lincoln, and would enjoy meeting her.

Hi Nyla, I'd love to meet Mary T Lincoln, too. Her childhood home is just a half hour from me in Lexington, KY. She was a very bright, complicated woman who bore a lot of tragedy. I like to think of meeting her in heaven!

I would marry for convenience because I believe God puts us where we are to be in life. He knows more than we do and need to let him lead.

Penny, I love your beautiful attitude and heart of faith. You say so well what I was thinking as I posed the arranged marriage question. Thanks for your humbling comments.

I am not sure if I could agree to a marriage of convenience. God would really have to speak to me in order to do so. I would love to meet Ruth and Esther from the bible. 

Beth, I hear you about hearing from the Lord in such matters. A clear voice/direction would certainly help make the arrangement much sweeter! Love your choices of Ruth and Esther. Puts me in mind of Liz Curtis Higg's wonderful Bible studies on those godly women. Thanks for your comments!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service