GIVEAWAY EVENT - Kicks off TODAY MARCH 20th

ABOUT BOOK: In two days, wealthy Chicagoan, Anna Hartwell, will wed a man she loathes. She would refuse this arranged marriage to Lyman Millard, but the Bible clearly says she is to honor her parents, and Anna would do most anything to please her father--even leaving her teaching job at a mission school and marrying a man she doesn't love. The Great Chicago Fire erupts, and Anna and her family escape with only the clothes on their backs and the wedding postponed. Father moves the family to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, where Anna reconnects with Rory Quinn, a handsome immigrant who worked at the mission school. Realizing she is in love with Rory, Anna prepares to break the marriage arrangement with Lyman until she learns a dark family secret that changes her life forever.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Raised in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, Pamela has published articles in Today's Christian Woman, Christian Computing Magazine, Victory in Grace Magazine, Ancestry Magazine, Christian Fiction Blog Alliance Ezine, and the ACFW Ezine, Afictionado. Her true story, Like Son, Like Father, appeared in His Forever (Adams Media). She has served as a sign language interpreter for her church and is a leader of a women's Bible study group. 

Her author tagline, "Take a Sentimental Journey" describes her stories, both contemporary and historical, as most are centered in small Wisconsin towns.

Her books include Thyme for Love, a contemporary mystery-romance, Love Finds You in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, What Lies Ahead, a novella in The Bucket List Dare anthology, and Second Chance Love, a romance set at a rodeo in downstate Illinois. Just out is If These Walls Could Talk, a novella in Coming Home, A Tiny House Collection. Coming in June, Surprised by Love in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin (a reissue of LFY in Lake Geneva, WI). 

Pam now resides in Illinois with her two rescue cats. She's not too far from her native Wisconsin, where you will often see her nosing around for more story ideas.

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. Has anyone been to Chicago? If so, what did you like about the city? 

2. If you haven't been to Chicago what would you like to see there if you had a chance to go there all expenses paid?

3. Has anyone heard of the Chicago fires? If so, what have you heard about it? What stuck out to you about that event?

Congrats to Terrill Rosado 

Your name was drawn. I've sent your contact information to the author.

THANKS to EVERYONE for making this the Book Fun Place to be.

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 312

Replies to This Discussion

I have heard of the fires, but not much beyond that--this sounds like a good story!  Thanks for the giveaway!

!. I have been to Chicago several times. My son did his graduate degree at Northwestern so when we went to visit him we would go downtown. I think I enjoyed the museums best, or maybe the free zoo. There are so many things to see and do, that it's really hard to pick one thing. Even just walking along the beach is interesting. Please enter me in the drawing.

I have been to Chicago. My family went there once or twice a year while I was in middle and high school, but now it's been just over ten years since I've last visited. I'd enjoy going back to see the city as an adult; I'd like to check out the Navy Pier, the Sears Tower (I keep forgetting its newer name), and any bookish sites. 

I remember as a child hearing the story about a cow kicking over a lantern in the barn and starting the fire that burned for days.

kathyrobinson11@comcast.net

1. I've never visited Chicago but I've always wanted to visit the "Windy City".

3. I've heard about the Chicago fire and I always heard that it could have been caused by a cow knocking over a lantern. The magnitude of the fire and the number of people who died is amazing!

I enjoy historical fiction and I appreciate this chance to win a copy!

I have never been to Chicago with all my travels, except to change flights.  I hear they have great museums, restaurants, shows, live music, and comedy shows.  Those are things I love to do.  The food would be different and fun to try. 

Alberta Sequeira

3. Wiped out the whole town but they were able to rebuild from what I've read about the event.  Have never traveled there but we have landed and gotten on the next plane on our way to Seattle from east coast.

Thanks for the chance,

Julie

I have heard about the Chicago fires and the devastation it caused. It seemed to get out of control very quickly and panic ensued. Thank you for the chance to read your book. 

I've been to Chicago several times and found it interesting. I've never actually stayed in the city for very long. I went to the Sears Tower and some of the stores. I'd like to go back again sometime and see more of it. I've heard of the Chicago fires and the devastation they caused. Such a sad thing.  

2.  My father was a big Cubs fan and I guess I would like to attend a Cubs game.  I'm a Pirate and Braves fan.  I always chose the opposite team of my Dad to make it more fun to watch the games on TV or listen to them on the radio.  We had 3 radios going and the tv.  I had to run room to room to get the scores.  Dad was my step-dad and he later adopted me.  He was in our lives for 62 yrs and we lost him Aug 24th.  He was orginally from Peoria IL.     Yes I've heard about the tragic fire in Chicago.  Part of the history lessons I learned as a teen.  Plus I'm a history buff.  I can't imagine what the people went through and the fear they must have felt.

We were in Chicago when my middle son graduated Navy boot camp with honors.

if I had a chance to go again I would want to go to a Chicago Cubs game as I have

been a fan since my younger son went to several games there when in town on 

business. I have my Cubs hats and shirt to wear when the games are on here.

i would also visit the Aquarium, the Navy Pier, the Art Institute and Natural History

Museum and eat at Mrs Murphy’s & Sons Irish Bistro.

What stuck out about the Chicago Fire legend was Mrs Murphy’s cow starting it by

kicking over a lantern.

Thanks for the chance. Blessings.

I have been to Chicago several times since I live w/i a few hours of this city.  There is just so much to do and see there--always some event or great shopping.  I have taken students to the Planetarium, the Mexican Heritage Museum, and to Chinatown.  I attended a language convention there several years ago and have taken Amtrack there to shop.  Thank you for the chance to win.  Safe Refuge sound great.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Another Important Poll

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service