Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

MARCH 2013 LOVE IN A BROKEN VESSEL by MESU ANDREWS 5 Book Giveaway REVELL

ABOUT AUTHOR: MESU ANDREWS - Mesu grew up with a variegated Christian heritage. With grandparents from the Pilgrim Holiness, Nazarene, and Wesleyan Churches, her dad was a Quaker and mom charismatic. As you might imagine, God was a central figure in most family discussions, but theology was a battlefield and Scripture the weapon. As a rebellious teenager, Mesu rejected God and His Word, but discovered Jesus as a life-transforming Savior through the changed life of an old friend.

The desire for God's Word exploded with her new commitment, but devotional time was scarce due to the demands of a young wife and mother. So Mesu scoured the only two theology books available--children's Bible stories and her Bible. The stories she read to her daughters at night pointed her to the Bible passages she studied all day. She became an avid student of God's Word, searching historical and cultural settings as well as ancient texts and original languages.

Mesu and her husband Roy have raised those two daughters and are now enjoying grandkids, but Mesu's love for God's Word has never waned. She now writes biblical novels, rich with spiritual insight learned through fascinating discoveries in historical research.

ABOUT BOOK: Hosea has been charged by God with a difficult task--marry a prostitute in order to show God's people the nature and depth of his love for Israel. When Hosea goes to Israel to proclaim God's message, the prostitute God tells him to marry turns out to be his childhood friend Gomer. He finds her broken and abused, unwilling to trust Hosea or his God. But when marrying Hosea becomes her only choice, Gomer does what she's good at--she survives. Can Hosea's love for God and God's love for Israel heal Gomer's broken spirit?

MANDATORY ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. Who is your favorite Bible hero (besides God/Jesus)?

2. Who is your favorite Bible heroine?

3. What obscure Bible character would make a great biblical novel?
4. What does or has the book of Hosea meant to you?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN  

Views: 1306

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, Cherie, great answers!!! I especially loved what you said about Paul--not a moment of his life wasted. And I can so relate to your comment that not only did the Lord wait for you. He pursued you, forgave you, and loves you still. Amen, sister!

I've heard good things about Mesu's writing, looking forward to this book.

As for a favorite biblical hero, hard to pick but I would have to say Joseph, or maybe David...

Hi Patty! So glad you've heard good things! Hope you enjoy this one! Joseph and David are a couple of my favorites too. If you haven't yet read Jill Eileen Smith's Wives of King David series, it's very good. And Angela Hunt's Legacies of the Ancient Riveris a great series on Joseph! Blessings!

I hope it's ok to answer 2 questions. My favorite hero is Paul. It took the power of God to open his eyes, literally and physically, but when He did Paul became God's greatest activist so to speak. Esther is my favorite heroine because she risked everything to save her people. She fully trusted God in the end to take care of the situation.

Wanda

Absolutely okay to answer two questions! I love describing Paul as God's greatest "activist!" So TRUE! ;) And lots of folks have mentioned Esther, and have even agreed that she risked everything, but I love how you said...she didn't just risk, she TRUSTED that God would take care of it all. Sometimes I have faith to take the risk, but I forget there's that 2nd part of faith to entrust it to the Lord. Good words, Wanda! Thanks!

1. My favorite Bible hero is David. He would mess up then go back to God every time. I loved how his would first write his psalms in anguish then by the end he praises God because he sees hope in God. 

2. My favorite Bible heroine would have to be Mary.

3. I would love to know about every single person in the Bible. But to pick, one I'd say Deborah.

4. The book of Hosea means quite a bit for me. It's hard to think about  having a personal relationship with someone who could very well hurt you. No one likes to be hurt. I feel bad for Hosea, but also proud of him. I can't image being in the same position as him. 

I love how in the book of Hosea it has both punishment and encouragement from God.Showing how he loves them. It reminds me about how He loves me. He'll punishment for my wrongs, but only because he loves me. 

I loved reading all the responses to your questions.  My favorite hero is Peter - and favorite heroine, Mary.  I know - they've been the answers for others, too - but I cannot tell a lie just because others have already had those answers.  Your book on Hannah sounds fabulous so I'll be getting it to read - even if I'm not a lucky winner.  Best of luck with the book - what a wonderful way to spread the word through stories.  Thanks.

Oh Nancy, I'm glad you shared your favorites! Peter hasn't gotten many mentions so far, but he's another one that was THOROUGHLY changed after the resurrection and the empowering of the Holy Spirit! (and BTW, the book Revell is giving away is on Hosea and Gomer. I haven't yet written a book on Hannah...though I'd like to someday!) ;)

I love your answers, Kaylene. They slice right to the heart of the matter. David humility amazes me--not only that he continually, repeatedly goes back to God when he screws up, but that he writes it down--and 3,000+ years later I'm encouraged by it!! And I love how you point out the flow of his Psalms, going from despair to praise. Awesome.

My favorite Bible heroine is the woman Jesus met at the well.  She went back, told others about Jesus and he stayed in Samaria for three days.  The Bible doesn't say that he did any miracles there, but the people believed He was the Messiah just from talking to him.  She opened the door for all those people to know the Messiah even before many Jews knew who He was!

Church tradition tells us that her name was Photini and that she later witnessed to Nero and even converted his daughter Domnina to Christianity. She died a martyr for the faith in 66 AD. 

Ooooh, Anam! Looks like you're a Bible history lover, too!!! Fascinating story. Thanks so much for adding that extra detail. Love it!

#3 - How about Deborah, the only female prophet? She was incredibly brave, and ahead of her time.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service