Hi all!!

Just trying to get my bearings to see how this works.  Will appreciate 

all the help I can get.

Answers to these questions and more can be found here:

http://www.bookfun.org/group/new-member-orientation

New member orientation

Answers to start:

(from Phred)

First thing would be to look around at the groups and giveaways.

The readers only group (look for the tiger under the "Book Clubs" link at the top) is a great place to sign up for free books to read and review. There are chats almost every Friday and Monday night at 8 PM eastern. (look for the chat window on the bottom of your screen on the right) 

All the rules and expectations are in the group.

Nora (my wife) also does a lot of give away contests in the center column of the home page. Just follow the links there.

The CAN book club also is very active as the the Night Owls... look around at the groups and see what you like. Join in.

We do not allow authors or publicists to come into groups and market but we do encourage them to write blogs and discussions. Those you can see in the left hand column.

We also have over 400 videos you can view.

From the first to the 15th we nominate books in fiction and non fiction. The links are in the right hand column. Then fro the 15th until the end of the month we vote on them.

The results are written about in our magazine (we will actually be starting a new column there this month)

The magazine is free and can be found at www.bookfunmagazine.com

It comes out monthly.

All the groups are segmented so that we do not get emails from all of them.

You have to join the groups in order to participate. The groups are under the Book Clubs link at the top.

That is the basics.

Any specific questions? 

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Me, too!  I just started, Martha.

I still don't know how this site works

We could schedule a tour for you all in a conference call. Would that help?

I'm struggling and have already spoken to Fred. Just got social security disability so don't always
make Fri and have never met Mon meetings. I think doing book reviews would be a good outlet
for me and I still read. Thanks for starting this group.

I am going to record some videos on how to use the site, now that the magazine is out.

We will try to make this easier for everyone. There is so much going on here. :-)

Thanks for your patience. I have not forgotten the questions here

Thank you I struggle so much also

Working on some solutions for everyone. Thanks for your patience

In the same boat. Would love any advice!

Specific questions? That would help me to add to what I have below

Our whole family has been down with the Flu. Just wanted you to know I am not forgetting the need here.

For specifics you can ask a question here.

If it is general:

First thing would be to look around at the groups and giveaways.

The readers only group (look for the tiger under the "Book Clubs" link at the top) is a great place to sign up for free books to read and review. There are chats almost every Friday and Monday night at 8 PM eastern. (look for the chat window on the bottom of your screen on the right) 

All the rules and expectations are in the group.

Nora (my wife) also does a lot of give away contests in the center column of the home page. Just follow the links there.

The CAN book club also is very active as the the Night Owls... look around at the groups and see what you like. Join in.

We do not allow authors or publicists to come into groups and market but we do encourage them to write blogs and discussions. Those you can see in the left hand column.

We also have over 400 videos you can view.

From the first to the 15th we nominate books in fiction and non fiction. The links are in the right hand column. Then fro the 15th until the end of the month we vote on them.

The results are written about in our magazine (we will actually be starting a new column there this month)

The magazine is free and can be found at www.bookfunmagazine.com

It comes out monthly.

All the groups are segmented so that we do not get emails from all of them.

You have to join the groups in order to participate. The groups are under the Book Clubs link at the top.

That is the basics.

Any specific questions? 

Hope this helps?

This is my first time too. Don't know how it will work out yet. I have commitments some evenings for church.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service