ENTER DRAWING TODAY 

Here and on TBCN Blog!

Last Day to Enter

Feb 9th

BOOK BLURB: One of the first contemporary novels to highlight a female pastor in the evangelical community, along with the tensions and controversies surrounding her leadership role. Riveting, compelling, and inspirational. Destined to become a classic.

ENTER HERE and/or TBCN Blog - The Complete Interview will be on the blog with fun pictures.

CLICK LINK to be there. 

https://psalm516.blogspot.com/2019/02/randall-arthurs-latest-compel...

Randall Arthur rocked the Christian world with his first novel Wisdom Hunter. Then there was The Betrayal and finally Jordan's Crossing. These were ground breaking books because nobody had written a novel like he did about legalism. He was transparent and brutally honest of it's affects on a community and the world. It was a wild ride that wasn't preachy. He gave the circumstances and let the readers make up their own mind. Many (including myself) found this refreshing.
Randall Arthur is back with a novel that has blown me away even more then his first novel. Again he brings up a subject and lets readers decide for themselves how to respond to what they read. I'm thrilled to introduce this new novel Quiet Roar: Sometimes disruption is overdue.
That gives a peek into a congregations experience through change of Pastors, traditions, and a brutal look at what missionaries can get caught up in as they share the good news of Jesus. It made me think of the original disciples. They were on a mission to share the news Jesus told them. They weren't always well received but they kept sharing.
How did you come up with the idea for A Quiet Roar?
RANDALL: My wife and I were driving through the backroads of Georgia. As we approached Toombs County, we were discussing the subject of ‘women in ministry.’ As we passed through the small towns of Vidalia and Lyons, I asked out loud what would likely happen if the most prominent church in the area announced they were hiring a female pastor.  We were in deep, central Georgia; a conservative, traditional, church-going culture. Being a Georgia native, I knew instantly how the community would respond. And within thirty minutes, I had built the basic outline of the novel. Even though I had another novel outlined and ready to commence writing, the story of A Quiet Roar took precedent. And it wouldn’t let me go until I finished it four years later.
NORA: Thank you for sharing all these photos and the story behind your novels.  I'm THRILLED to share this thought-provoking book (that discusses much more than a woman pastor in a small town. Your story rocked my world as much as Wisdom Hunter did!
 Thank you Randall for stopping by and giving us a look at your new novel; a peek into your heart and a front row seat into how Quiet Roar came to be. This book is about so much more than a woman pastor it's about the human heart, change, and a peek at missionaries on the front line risking it all to share the good news of Jesus. 
I love that your books cause me to go back to the bible and look at things for myself and let God do the rest. Like Wisdom Hunter (which is a book I still think about); readers will be moved to dig deeper into their heart and think about why they do what they do. This book would be great for book club there is so much to discuss. This novel is definitely a keeper. 
Please Answer one of these questions to be entered to the drawing to receive a copy of Quiet Roar.
This is a book I couldn't put down and one that will rock your book club meetings.

ANSWER ONE 
of the Following Questions to be Entered into the drawing for chance at a copy of this book.
1. Have you been on a mission trip? If so, please explain where you went and what you did?
2. Have you ever wanted to go on a mission trip? If so, what have you desired to do?
3. If you've been on a mission trip; how was it different than you've expected?
4. If you've read and/or met missionaries how have they inspired you, encourage you, surprised you? Do tell!

CONGRATS TO SHERYL BARNES your name was drawn to receive a copy of Randall Arthur's new novel.

THANKS to everyone that has entered here on TBCN blog and on TBCN Ning Site. BLESSINGS to you all! 

THANKS for helping Make TBCN A Book Fun Place to Be!

Nora :o)

LAST DAY to Enter Drawing FEB 9th

PLEASE remember to include your email address!
Want to read Randall's book Now he says, "
At the moment, the two major sources for A Quiet Roar are (1) Amazon, where you can find the book as an e-book or as a paperback sold by Amazon and third-party sellers, and (2)  www.RandallArthur.com, where you can find the book as a paperback sold by Life Image Publishers, personalized and autographed by Randall. 
Compare prices before purchasing.
Randall
If you have any questions please contact me at nora@bookfunmagazine.com
THANKS for Helping Make TBCN The Book Fun Place to Be!
Nora :o)

Views: 129

Replies to This Discussion

I would love to go in a mission trip!. What a privilege it would be to share the love of Christ with others.  

As a kid in a pastor's family and later as a pastor's wife, we often had missionaries in our home and as a youngster thought I would like to be a missionary. One church we attended had a sign as you left the parking lot, "You are entering the mission field". A good reminder that as believers we are missionaries where we live and work. I have been on 4 mission trips (an orphanage in Arkansas, Romania twice, and the Dominican Republic) and am heading to El Salvador on Saturday for a fifth trip. I've done a variety of things from helping to fit people with the correct reading glasses, watching preschoolers and holding orphan babies, cooking meals, to scrubbing carpets and moldy refrigerators. It has been a privilege and a blessing to be able to go with these teams to help serve alongside the missionaries in the different countries.

I was a pastor's kid too, Anne.  One more thing we have in common!  :)

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us Anne!

I have been to Utah and Mexico as a high schooler.  Loved going on missions trips and love that my children now get to as well.  They are impacting and definitely inspire spiritual growth when done intentionally.  :) 

Thank you for this chance to enter.

Fun, I'm so glad you had those experiences. Thanks for sharing!

I've never been on a mission trip but have read about many and prayed for others who went. haketm@msn.com

I think the missionary experience that rocked my world was that of Jim and Elizabeth Elliott. Their story was made into a novel called The End of the Spear by Steve Saint (pilots son) and then later made into a movie. I met Elizabeth Elliott and hear her speak about her experience and how after all that went down on the beach that fateful day where her husband and several other missionary men were killed she and her daughter lived among the tribe that did the killing. https://www.amazon.com/End-Spear-Steve-Saint-ebook/dp/B00DW9NCSS/re...  

The pilot's son wrote a book sharing his experiences and how the Lord had him also work with the man that killed his father. That story was mind blowing.  His book Walking His Trail: Signs of God https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1414313764/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl...

Listen to his story in this powerful video <iframe width="475" height="267" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3vcv9vjNO8w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My church is actually in the middle of it's annual missions conference. Every year wer get to spend time with missionaries. They are some of the best people on the planet!

I grew up in a pastors' home. My parents had wanted to be missionaries but my mother couldn't pass the medical testing so their interest towards missions was high. We knew many missionaries, prayed for them, had them in our home and had them speak at our church. As an adult I have friends that are missionaries both short term and long term. Their stories are so inspiring and unique. I receive the monthly letters from the missionaries of our church and hear them when they are home. Our church has mission conferences once a year.

My husband has been on several mission trips. One to Africa, one to Ecuador, and another to central California to migrant workers. His experiences have been rich and fulfilling. 

I enjoy reading missionary autobiographies and have been reading them since I was a young girl. 

Oh, Wow, Sharon, Thanks for sharing your story!

We can learn so much from each other!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service