As I was preparing our annual "BC Year in Review" survey this morning, it occurred to me that some authors might be interested in asking our readers some questions.  Large and diverse, our club not only appreciates the generosity of the authors who have made themselves available for our questions but our members also enjoy sharing their own opinions about Christian literature.

If you would like to pose a question to our group, reply to this post and I'll include it in the survey that our group will fill out at our August 17th special event.  After the results are compiled and tabulated, I'll post the results here later in August.

Thanks,

Sandi

Views: 1296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hope it's not too late to ask the readers a question because I have one. 

I write everything from sweet romances, to scary Gothic historical novels, to adventure stories, to westerns, to books and stories for children to non-fiction, and my newest novel, When the Cowboy Rides Away, is a western with a touch of romance. http://bit.ly/cowboyrides 

So here is my question.

Does it bother you when authors jump from genre to genre as I do, and if so, why? I would really like to know.

No, it does not bother  me at all.  I personally like historic novels that are accurate regarding  the era's customs.

I don't care for scary Gothic novels.  I like mysteries or some adventure with a little bit of romance.

Thanks for answering my question, Bonnie. When the Cowboy Rides Away  is a historical western with a touch of romance, and like you, I like settings and historical facts to be correct. Recently, I read a manuscript set on a ranch in Texas and written by an unpublished writer, and the writing wasn't bad. The research was.  

My father and my grandfather were ranch foreman--real Texas cowboys, and I spent part of my growing up years on a sixty thousand acre cattle ranch in South Texas, the heart of ranching country. When I read settings and historical facts that are not true with regard to time and place, I get upset. So I know exactly what you mean, and I can say in all honesty that the settings and the historical facts regarding ranch life in When the Cowboy Rides Away are correct, as far as I know. http://bit.ly/cowboyrides 

Thanks mucho for writing.    

The first question that came to mind has to do with humor. I have written very serious romance novels while the main characters are going through difficult times --children with serious illnesses, heroine following an abusive relationship, hero who trusted his fiance and learned she had been cheating on him, etc.  But recently I've found that humor has been more prevalent in my novels. The heroine or hero may have serious issues that have to be resolved, but things just seem to go wrong or a character in the story tends to add humor to the plot and so it's like Shakespeare's writing - from serious to comic relief. Do romance readers enjoy stories that also include humor and still has wonderful romance? 

RSS

25 KINDLE FIRE HD 8S -GIVEN AWAY BETWEEN SEPTEMBER AND CHRISTMAS

We will be announcing the details on our new promotion, the largest we have ever done:
25 Kindle Fire HD 8s given away between September and Christmas.

Watch for details!

Book Fun Catalog: Find NEW Books Here

Authors pay a fee to be included in this directory. #ad #paid ad

Click HERE for the entire Catalog

Luke the Slave and Physician

By Katheryn Maddox Haddad

Tidewater Summer 

By Jo Huddleston

The Nature Girl

by Karen Whiting

The Snowbound Bride By Davalynn Spencer

Chapel Springs Revival

By Ane Mulligan

We will be linking book covers here for a small fee. Contact Fred@bookfunmagazine.com for more information.

Christians Read Blog

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@thebookclubnetwork.com

© 2017   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service