ABOUT AUTHOR DAPHENE JONES - Daphene tells the story about her life as the twin sister of Deborah Hall of “Same Kind of Different as Me.” At the Anaheim Vineyard Conference in 1990, God promised to send a southern breezeover Deborah and Daphene. Neither of them could have imagined what that would look like or how many other people would eventually be touched by it. This is their story of overcoming even the darkest times of life through redemption, forgiveness, and second chances.

ABOUT BOOK: In Our Southern Breeze, Daphene Jones tells the story about her life as the twin sister of Deborah Hall of "Same Kind of Different as Me". She knew Deborah like no one else could. And the story she tells is like no other story. At the Anaheim Vineyard conference in 1990, God promised to send a southern breeze over Deborah and Daphene. Neither of them could have imagined what that would look like or how many other people would eventually be touched by the promised breeze. This is their story of overcoming even the darkest times of life through redemption, forgiveness, and second chances.
As she shares her heart through this story, her prayer is that God will heal the deep hurts that many are carrying. What she kept hearing as she worked on this book is that God is a God of Second Chances.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1)In “Our Southern Breeze” Daphene tells the story of her adjustment from a country girl to a city girl.   Many hilarious things happen in Manhattan as she learns to be a real New Yorker.  Can you share a funny story about being in a new place or situation?

2)When Daphene was 58 she found romance and marriage through an internet dating site.  Have you ever tried using an online dating service? Tell us your feelings either pro or con on meeting someone like this.

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30th*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 3rd

Views: 763

Replies to This Discussion

My Dear Husband and I met through Christian Singles . com   This is a 3rd marriage for both of us. It was not without struggles as I already had children.  Being a 37 year old single mom of 4 wasn't easy. Add DH's issues of mental illness to the gamut that he didn't share with me till after the wedding and it got interesting for sure. I had an accident that left me unable to walk for 10 months, we had several pregnancies, several misscarriages and we are still friends and married for life...  I would say be cautious for sure using the sites online and don't move way too fast. Take your time getting to know anyone you meet , before saying I do...smile 

I personally have never used an online dating site . I have a friend who did meet her husband through a Christian Online dating site and they are happy as can be. They now have a child that is the apple of their eye. I was very skeptical when she first did this. I am no longer skeptical for those who want to give it a try. I encourage anyone who does try to meet someone  this way to always make the first date a double date with a friend of theirs just for protection!

Thank you for offering this contest to win a copy of "Southern Breeze."

Blessings to you.

#1- When I moved from MT to MN when I was first married, it was a real adjustment. Not only were we near the city now, I was joining a family that was very steeped in Russian culture.  I don't remember really any funny incidents other than we were super young and made some really odd decisions because of that. Renting was a fun experience....our first landlord when we had a leaky water heater, came over and wrapped electrical tape around the leak and left. He was then angry when the water heater appeared to be rotting through the floor. 

#2....I never used a dating service! I actually never went on a date.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Another Important Poll

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service