ABOUT AUTHOR DAPHENE JONES - Daphene tells the story about her life as the twin sister of Deborah Hall of “Same Kind of Different as Me.” At the Anaheim Vineyard Conference in 1990, God promised to send a southern breezeover Deborah and Daphene. Neither of them could have imagined what that would look like or how many other people would eventually be touched by it. This is their story of overcoming even the darkest times of life through redemption, forgiveness, and second chances.

ABOUT BOOK: In Our Southern Breeze, Daphene Jones tells the story about her life as the twin sister of Deborah Hall of "Same Kind of Different as Me". She knew Deborah like no one else could. And the story she tells is like no other story. At the Anaheim Vineyard conference in 1990, God promised to send a southern breeze over Deborah and Daphene. Neither of them could have imagined what that would look like or how many other people would eventually be touched by the promised breeze. This is their story of overcoming even the darkest times of life through redemption, forgiveness, and second chances.
As she shares her heart through this story, her prayer is that God will heal the deep hurts that many are carrying. What she kept hearing as she worked on this book is that God is a God of Second Chances.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1)In “Our Southern Breeze” Daphene tells the story of her adjustment from a country girl to a city girl.   Many hilarious things happen in Manhattan as she learns to be a real New Yorker.  Can you share a funny story about being in a new place or situation?

2)When Daphene was 58 she found romance and marriage through an internet dating site.  Have you ever tried using an online dating service? Tell us your feelings either pro or con on meeting someone like this.

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30th*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 3rd

Views: 867

Replies to This Discussion

I have never thought of myself as one who would use an online dating service. I have friends who have done it and two have married their online dating partners.

Cathy - it certainly worked for John and me as we are celebrating nine years on marriage on October 11th.  I think it is becoming much more acceptable as I hear about so many people meeting via the internet!  It certainly beats some of the other ways people met! I attached a picture of us leaving the church as husband and wife!  I hope next year I'll write our love story.

Attachments:

2. This for me would require a lot of prayer and a lot of faith. I don't know that I could personally do it without several real life meetings and some background information on the person. Many times I find myself too trusting and get burned in the end. Thankfully I am happily married and have been for 15 years, to someone I met at church.

Tia -congratulation on 15 years of marriage!  I felt that it was God plan for John and me to meet this way.  Otherwise I would never have met this Godly man who lived in NJ and I lived in Manhattan at the time. When you read my book you will see that I had already failed at marriage. I attached a copy of an email we sent out to family and friends when we got engaged.  We waited a year after meeting before we go married.  I am honored that this wonderful man chose me to be his wife!

A funny thing happened to me when we moved to the Atlanta area.  Everyone talked about the market and going there to buy fresh food.  Sounds good!  I went over and stood in line for a buggy.  Oh, before I got into the line I had to drive around several times to get a parking space.  Back to the line.  Finally I went inside.  No one had bothered to tell me how crowded and how NARROW the aisles were in the marketplace.  That day as I pushed my buggy along, I ran over a lady's foot while she pushed me into a bin of fresh vegetables.  I did not mean too.  When I resumed my shopping, I caused someone to nearly fall into the bin of potatoes or something.  There were people pushing and reaching over you and finally I just decided after all of this it might not be worth it.  It seemed like I was saying,"Oh, I am so sorry" fifty times so you have to make a decision.  This is war!  Get your vegetables and get out.  After it was all over and I checked out of the market, I laughed and laughed at everything that had happened to me and what I had done to others in the narrow aisles of the market.  If only someone would have warned me what to expect.

Blessings,

Barbara Harris

Hi Barbara!  I loved your story about shopping at a market in Atlanta.  The only time I experienced anything like your market experience was while I was living in Manhattan.  The grocery store was across the street from my condo.  After my first time shopping, I bought more than I had planned and once I checked out I realized that it was my responsibility to CARRY my bags of groceries home.  I didn't realize at the time that most New Yorkers have groceries delivered.  I started loading the bags up my arms and looked like a fool trying to cross the street.  I learned fast to only buy a couple of bag of groceries or have them delivered.  Living back in Atlanta shopping at Kroger is my favorite way to shop...Kroger to car, car to garage, garage to kitchen!!!!!

Attachments:

This was a few years back in Massena, NY.  I was on vacation with my mom and her friend.  Both were diabetics, and there were extra health concerns with mom: low blood pressure, 20% heart function, circulatory disease, some of which caused dizziness, etc.  So although a vacation, still on my toes at all times.

We had done morning shopping and walked into a buffet, offering a Sr's discount.   After a morning with these two, I lfelt like a Sr. and asked, "What age does your Sr. discount begin at?"

"How old are you ma'am?"

"How old am I or how old do I feel?" 

I received the Sr. discount!  and we all had a good chuckle...I was only 42!!

I do love visiting the USA, such friendly fun loving people!!

Shannon - I have no idea where you are from when you said, "love visiting the USA".  Your story is hilarious and thanks for sharing.  

I could hardly wait to be only enough to be a senior and pay less at movies, food, and Wednesday at Kroger grocery store!  Turning 50 was a big turning point in my life and I planned a surprise birthday party for myself. The surprise was...how many of my friends will show up??? It was a great party and I've loved growing older.  

My twin sister, Deborah died of colon cancer at 55 and Gretchen our older sister at 61.  Now when I wake up and thank God for giving me another day!!!!!!!!!

#1 - As a military family we moved several times. The movers pretty much are assigned to do it for you - and one time I found stale, old coffee grounds in the pot when it was unpacked. YUK! I always tried to bring a houseplant or two from our previous issignment to make the new place feel like home quickly.

Dee Ann - I don't want to give away too much in the book but you will love chapter 7, Moving East.  My precious twin sister, Deborah helped me move from Atlanta to Manhattan.  My condo in Atlanta was 3 bedrooms, living room, dining room, 2 1/2 baths, etc.  My apartment was 1 bedroom with a tiny kitchen, 1 1/2 bathroom, dining room and living room together.  So many of my treasured belongings had to be left behind with my daughter.  You will love the lost "foot board" story of my bed.  Those first few weeks in trying to be a New Yorker were filled with so many hilarious stories! To show you how small my first apartment was I attached a picture!

Attachments:

My fist day on the job at an assisted living facility was rather interesting.  One of our jobs, or maybe I should say everyone but me, had to monitor one of the residents taking her insulin shots.  I have never liked needles very well.  After I became very light headed and hit the floor, they gave me a different assignment.  Surprisingly enough I stayed there for 3 years.  One of the residents always like to tell me, "I remember the first time I saw you, you were laying in the middle of the floor."  I always replied, "Hazel, you forget everything else, why can't you for get that?"  She'd shake her finger at me and we'd laugh and go on our way.  

Cynthia - thanks for sharing this funny story.  I've never been afraid of needles but when my husband got married the first time, when he went for his blood test he fainted!  I'm faithful to give blood to the American Red Cross but know my sweet husband could never face the big needle and blood!  Hazel sounds like my kind of person!!!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Birthdays

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service