ABOUT AUTHOR DAPHENE JONES - Daphene tells the story about her life as the twin sister of Deborah Hall of “Same Kind of Different as Me.” At the Anaheim Vineyard Conference in 1990, God promised to send a southern breezeover Deborah and Daphene. Neither of them could have imagined what that would look like or how many other people would eventually be touched by it. This is their story of overcoming even the darkest times of life through redemption, forgiveness, and second chances.

ABOUT BOOK: In Our Southern Breeze, Daphene Jones tells the story about her life as the twin sister of Deborah Hall of "Same Kind of Different as Me". She knew Deborah like no one else could. And the story she tells is like no other story. At the Anaheim Vineyard conference in 1990, God promised to send a southern breeze over Deborah and Daphene. Neither of them could have imagined what that would look like or how many other people would eventually be touched by the promised breeze. This is their story of overcoming even the darkest times of life through redemption, forgiveness, and second chances.
As she shares her heart through this story, her prayer is that God will heal the deep hurts that many are carrying. What she kept hearing as she worked on this book is that God is a God of Second Chances.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1)In “Our Southern Breeze” Daphene tells the story of her adjustment from a country girl to a city girl.   Many hilarious things happen in Manhattan as she learns to be a real New Yorker.  Can you share a funny story about being in a new place or situation?

2)When Daphene was 58 she found romance and marriage through an internet dating site.  Have you ever tried using an online dating service? Tell us your feelings either pro or con on meeting someone like this.

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30th*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 3rd

Views: 728

Replies to This Discussion

John and I will be celebrating our 9th anniversary on October 11.  I was against any internet dating but was encourage my my friend and employee to give e-Harmony a chance.  One of my next books will be about the sweet journey we took after God connected us in a way neither one of us would have expected to get married!

The picture I attached is when John surprised me at Seaside, FL with my ring.  The romatic story is in the Epilogue!

Attachments:

My first visit to NC.  I had my dog, son and a roommate in the car with my brother and a friend following in a car.  We saw an exit to Blue Ridge Pwky.  Who didn't want to ride the Blue Ridge.  Our 9 hr. trip took 12 hr.  We arrived at the end of our directions at the bottom of a mountain at 11 o'clock p.m.!!  A family lived there in a mobile home with dogs, cats, cows, chickens etc. We created such a noise that the man opened his door with shot gun in hand!  Rolled down the window to make sure we were at the right place and my dog jumped out!!  Got the dog back and the man spoke, at least my roommate could understand something he said for the life of me I couldn't understand one word spoken!!!  Being a NY city girl!!  Welcome to NC.

Sandra - I love your story!  This story I'm about to tell you didn't make it to the book.  My 2nd husband talked me into moving to the NC Mountains at a very bad time in my life.  I was running away from many problems...one, marrying a man that I knew in a couple of days was a terrible mistake.  He built a log cabin of all things for me to call our home.  At the bottom of the mountain was a dirty service station that had a "tanning salon" of all things.  One day I decided I'd go no matter how bad it looked to have something to do.  No telling who might have been peeking through a hole in the wall!  That was my last visit to the tanning salon and I laughed all of the way home!  I found a way of laughing at the crazy things I do instead of being embarrassed.

My family moved at two important junctures in my life, and God used the happy move and the difficult move in important ways.

I had been a fairly popular leader in my Southern California elementary school. That might well have changed anyway in Jr. high. I was overweight and a bit geeky. However, for 7th grade we moved to the the jungles of Peru for a year, where I attended a missionary children's school. Seventeen students studied together in a combined 7th and 8th grade classroom. I didn't know Spanish (all the other kids did), was scared of commonplace jungle bugs, unnerved by the pitch blackness of the night, etc., but grew to love being there. No longer a leader, I was a very happy member of the pack. 

The next year we moved to the Southeastern U.S. for my dad to retool for a new mission assignment. Leaving  my happy small classroom on stilts, I then enrolled as a 13-year old 8th grader in a jr. high of 1,200 students.  New kid, new culture, new HUGE school, and...new allergies. Overnight before the first day of school I had developed a swollen upper lip - well, half of a swollen upper lip - from, apparently, wild mustard growing near our home. [At least, that's what we concluded when eating from a jar of homemade pickles containing a sprig of dill weed produced the same symptoms.] A lovely way to start jr. high in a new place. But God used the uncertainly and displacement I felt to drive me to Himself, and to temper some the of brashness of my Type A personality. Was it easy? No way. Was it worth it? Yes, thank You, Lord.

Carol - thank you for sharing such a great experience!  

When I was in the 9th grade, one of my best friend's mom died.  Deborah and I never even considered parents would die!  At the funeral she had all of her best friends sit next to the family close to the casket.  I was wearing high heels and crossed my legs during the entire service.  Nan's friends were the last to leave before the family.  I was first to walk to view her mom's body and my foot had gone to sleep!  I fell and Deborah and all of my "friends" stepped right over me in shock.  Instead of being helped up into the pew, an ambulance was called!  Snyder, TX is a small town and I could hear it coming.  People had lined up to view the casket as it was carried out by the pallbearers. Guess who came out first...ME!  I too have a Type A personality!

2) I have known a handful of people who have met and married through online dating sites. I am happy for them but for myself, I am not sure I would be comfortable doing that. In fact, I know I wouldn't. Thank the good Lord I am happily married and won't have to find out for sure LOL.

I do feel that online dating has become more acceptable but of course it is important to visit the best ones.  John and I met on e-Harmony and had been recommended on Focus on the Family by James Dobson.  That was ten years ago and I have no idea how it is now.  My sweet husband is a Godly man and I am blessed that he chose me to be his bride!  One of my next books will be about our sweet journey.

Iv'e never tried an internet dating service...have been married way too long! But I do have some reservations about them as I think there is quite a possiblity for deception.

Dorothy - it ended up being a God thing for my husband and me. We are about to celebrate nine years of marriage and he still calls me HIS PRINCESS!  In fact one of my next books will be the sweet journey we were on for a year before marrying on October 11.  Online dating was not for me as I was living in Manhattan and enjoying my life without dating and my Godly husband had been single for 33 years! Neither one of us expected to get married.

Attachments:

I am scared of these sites but I think it can work out my son meet our daughter-in law that way and now they have adopted a son and are foster parents,

Debbie - thank you for sharing about your son and daughter-in-law.  Deborah, my twin sister, and her husband Ron adopted both of their children. I attached a picture of Regan, Carson, and Ron with her dogs at her grave at the ranch that she loved.  We all miss her but thankful that I am close to her precious kids and the four granddaughter's she never knew! The little girls call me Aunt Mimi. :)

Attachments:

So sorry about your sister!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service