ABOUT AUTHOR DAPHENE JONES - Daphene tells the story about her life as the twin sister of Deborah Hall of “Same Kind of Different as Me.” At the Anaheim Vineyard Conference in 1990, God promised to send a southern breezeover Deborah and Daphene. Neither of them could have imagined what that would look like or how many other people would eventually be touched by it. This is their story of overcoming even the darkest times of life through redemption, forgiveness, and second chances.

ABOUT BOOK: In Our Southern Breeze, Daphene Jones tells the story about her life as the twin sister of Deborah Hall of "Same Kind of Different as Me". She knew Deborah like no one else could. And the story she tells is like no other story. At the Anaheim Vineyard conference in 1990, God promised to send a southern breeze over Deborah and Daphene. Neither of them could have imagined what that would look like or how many other people would eventually be touched by the promised breeze. This is their story of overcoming even the darkest times of life through redemption, forgiveness, and second chances.
As she shares her heart through this story, her prayer is that God will heal the deep hurts that many are carrying. What she kept hearing as she worked on this book is that God is a God of Second Chances.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1)In “Our Southern Breeze” Daphene tells the story of her adjustment from a country girl to a city girl.   Many hilarious things happen in Manhattan as she learns to be a real New Yorker.  Can you share a funny story about being in a new place or situation?

2)When Daphene was 58 she found romance and marriage through an internet dating site.  Have you ever tried using an online dating service? Tell us your feelings either pro or con on meeting someone like this.

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING August 30th*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN by Sept 3rd

Views: 712

Replies to This Discussion

Anna what a sweet story and YES I think you and your husband must have been one of the first.  Congratulations for nearly 14 years of marriage!  John and I will be celebrating 9 years of marriage October 11.  John had been single 33 years and God in His grace saved this Godly man for me when I was ready.  I was living in Manhattan at the time and John was in NJ...a river separated us and we wouldn't have met either!  God is good!

Attachments:

Although I was single until my mid-40s, I didn't try online dating.  Although I know many people who have met their spouse this way (including some of my relatives), I so strongly felt that God was saying to me, "Let me do the picking for you."  And the man He chose for me looks nothing like my fairy-tale image but is perfect for me!  We just celebrated our 4th anniversary!

Elaine - I was touched by your plan to let God choose your husband.  Congratulations on celebrating 4 years of marriage.  On October 11 John and I will celebrate 9 years of a very sweet marriage.  John had been single for 33 years and I hadn't dated for a long time.  On-line dating was something I certainly wasn't for until my employee and dear friend told me about e-Harmony...a Christian dating internet service.  God had saved this wonderful man for me when He knew I was healed from a bad past and ready for marriage.  I was 58 when we married! God knows best, doesn't He!

Attachments:

When I was in college, I traveled to the Southside of Chicago (Bad, Bad Leroy Brown's side, ha, ha) on a Baptist Student Mission Trip.  I'm from Ms and my other partners were from AL, and TX.  Four southern girls and one guy on the Southside of Chicago serving at a multi-cultural church...adjustments were made and it was a great Summer!

I hope I didn't just send a note that I hadn't finished!  

Jennifer, here I am 67 and never took the advantage of a mission trip!  Many years ago I visited Chicago but not where you were.  

When I decided to leave Georgia and move to Manhattan, this Southern girl stuck out like a sore thumb.  I wrote about many of the crazy things that happened in chapter 7 of my book.

Job 8:21 He will yet fill you mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.

Can you share a funny story about being in a new place or situation?

Funny - not so much but I moved from Rhode Island (where there is even local television) to southern Delaware where the local TV is in Baltimore?  What do I know about Baltimore let alone Delaware.  It's called Slower Lower here.  Also - believe it or not there is not one bookstore in the capitol of Delaware - Dover.  But we all adjust - right?

Marguerite - I was raised in a small West Texas town...Snyder.  Moving to Manhattan from Georgia in February 1998 was a big change in my life!  Yes, we all adjust!  After getting married October 11, 2003, I was ready to get back to Atlanta.  I love walking outside and hearing no loud street noises and walking on grass.  My sweet husband loves birds and the sound is music to my ears!

I didn't marry until I was 37.  So, I could have used an online dating site, but opted not to.  (Online dating sites were relatively new then.)  Yet, I do know of several couples who met through online dating.  If an online dating service is what it takes for God to bring two people together in this online world, I say "Go for it!"

(By the way, I'd love to read about Daphene's relationship with Deborah and to learn even more about Deborah!)

Carla -it looks like God needed e-Harmony to bring John, who had been single for 33 years and me together.  On October 11 we will be celebrating our 9th anniversary!

I hope you you will read the book!  I've attached a picture of Deborah and me celebrating our 2nd birthday!

Attachments:

In college, my roommate from Wyoming would sometimes wear her pajama pants (and even slippers) to class. It didn't take long before it caught on & pretty soon the school was amending the dress code to stop it. Then I married her classmate from Wyoming and we moved out there. Turns out half the town likes to run to Walmart in their PJs and slippers! And I'd always thought it was my roommate being odd. :)

What a great story!  After John and I married and moved back to the Atlanta area, we decided to go for breakfast at a popular 24 hour place called Waffle House.  Because it is so casual we wanted to see if anyone would notice if we wore our "jommies"...they didn't!!!!!!

I have a friend who met her spouse on the internet and they have been happily married for 12 years. I'm quite intrigued by the premise of this story and love reading about what God is doing in other's lives.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service