Giving away (5) copies of REMEMBERING CHRISTMAS

Dan Walsh is the award-winning author of The Unfinished GiftThe Homecoming, and The Deepest Waters. A member of American Christian Fiction Writers, Dan served as a pastor for 25 years. He lives with his family in the Daytona   Beach area, where he's busy researching and writing his next novel.

Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, offers practical books that bring the Christian faith to everyday life.  They publish resources from a variety of well-known brands and authors, including their partnership with MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) and Hungry Planet.

ABOUT BOOK:

Rick Denton lives his life on his terms. He works hard, plays hard, and answers to no one. So when his mother calls on Thanksgiving weekend begging him to come home after his stepfather has a stroke, Rick is more than a little reluctant. He's never liked Art and resents the man's presence in his life, despite the fact that his own father abandoned the family when Rick was just twelve. When what was supposed to be just a couple days helping out at the family bookstore turns into weeks of cashing out old ladies and running off the homeless man who keep hanging about, Rick's attitude sours even more.

Still, slowly but surely, the little bookstore and its quirky patrons--as well as the lovely young woman who works at his side each day--work their magic on him, revealing to Rick the truth about his family, his own life, and the true meaning of Christmas. With skillful storytelling, Dan Walsh creates a Christmas story will have readers remembering every good and perfect gift of Christmas.

(1) Signed Copy of Deeply Devoted

Maggie Brendan is a CBA bestselling author and a member of the American Christian Writers (ACW), the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW), RWA (Romance Writers of America) and GRW (Georgia Romance Writers). She was a recipient of the 2004 ACW Persistence Award in Atlanta. Maggie led a writers’ critique group for more than six years and was quoted in Word Weavers: The Story of a Successful Writer’s Critique Group. She has been a guest speaker at a Regional Church Bookstores and Libraries conference in GA. She has participated in several LifeWay National Fiction Events and at the 2010 Southern Baptist Convention in Orlando, FL.

She is the author of the Heart of the West series. A TV film version is currently in development for her first novel, No Place for a Lady. Her latest book is Deeply Devoted, inThe Blue Willow Brides Series. Maggie is married and lives in Georgia. She has two grown children and four grandchildren. When she’s not writing, she enjoys reading, singing, painting, scrapbooking and being with her family. You can follow Maggie on her websitewww.MaggieBrendan.com and her blog www.SouthernBelleWriter.blogspot.com. She is also a resident blogger on Bustles and Spurs www.BustlesAndSpurs.com

ABOUT BOOK:

The Blue Willow Brides September 1, 2011
When Catharine Olsen leaves Holland for America as a mail-order bride, she brings along some extra baggage: two sisters, her mother's set of Blue Willow china, and a tragic past. When she arrives in Cheyenne, Wyoming, she promptly marries Peter Andersen and dreams of starting life over in this rugged land. Peter is kind and patient with Catharine and accommodating to her sisters. His mother, however, is not. When she begins a campaign to sabotage Peter's marriage, Catharine is distraught, worried that her secret past will be discovered. Will her life end up as nothing but broken pieces? Or will these trials make her stronger?

Readers will love negotiating the clash of cultures and class as a highborn European and a Western wheat farmer learn to love one another and trust God with both the past and the future.

***MANDATORY MUST ANSWER QUESTION BELOW TO BE ENTERED IN THE DRAWING****

What is the title of your favorite Christmas story you heard or read as a child? Why is it your favorite?

Last Day to Enter is Dec 14th

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the enterer in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway is open to US and Canada only. This giveaway is sponsored by the author and is in no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winner will have 3 days to respond to email with your name and address - If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked****

Views: 1239

Replies to This Discussion

When I was a kid I used to like hearing the Night Before Christmas - I Loved the beautiful illustrated pictures in the book too. It always made me wonder! Can't wait to hear from you!!

DRAWING for these books will be NEXT THURSDAY!! You can tell me which books you'd like to win. You can enter for both. Just let me know. This is the 1st day of 100 books I have to give away until the 20th of the month. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Since I was raised in a Jewish home, I didn't get to read Christmas stories.

My absolute favorite always was A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. I liked it for different reasons when I was younger, though. I would always shiver when those ghosts came along, and I would be thoroughly terrified with that last one especially, but when I got older and read about Mr. Dickens reasons for writing it, I loved it so much more. and you know, I always cry about Tiny Tim. You'd think I would be over that with how many times I've read it!

Thanks for the fun, Nora!

wow! what an amazing generous offer - thank you!

What is the title of your favorite Christmas story you heard or read as a child?

I liked an Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas story we received on a record [along with the record player!]

Why is it your favorite?  just loved the voices that brought it all to life...  thanks for the memories!

Twas the Night Before Christmas , it is my favorite because I loved listening to my mom read to me when I was a child. And I have continued to read it to my children as well 

I'm glad that your mom read to you. We weren't a reading family. I was thankful teachers read to us.

my favorite christmas story was and always will be a christmas carol   i loved when  my grams would read me a chapter everynight leading up to christmas so it has been my favorite ever since

Wow, How neat! I've seen this made up into a plan and I've enjoyed the many movies they've made of this story. I'll have to check out this book!

Mine was "The Night Before Christmas"...and all through the house! Ahhh!

I  have some copies that were from my husbands family that are well over 100 years...different colors!

Wow, 100 years old!! How neat is that!! I love hearing everyone's stories!

Oh, that is so amazing! It wouldn't hurt to read them once a year and what a wonderful tradition to read Christmas books that old with children and grandchildren!

lol - I just realized what I said. What I meant was that it shouldn't hurt the books to read them once a year with the children.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service