FEBRUARY 2014 SHADOWS OF THE PAST by PATRICIA BRADLEY FEATURED AUTHOR 5 BOOK GIVEAWAY

ABOUT BOOK: Psychology professor and criminal profiler Taylor Martin prides herself on being able to solve any crime, except the one she wants most desperately to solve--the disappearance of her father twenty years ago. When she finally has a lead on his whereabouts, Taylor returns home to Logan Point, Mississippi, to investigate. But as she is stalking the truth about the past, someone is stalking her.

Nick Sinclair pens mystery novels for a living, but the biggest mystery to him is how he can ever get over the death of his wife--a tragedy he believes he could have prevented. With his estranged brother the only family he has left, Nick sets out to find him. But when he crosses paths with Taylor, all he seems to find is trouble.

Join the chase as this determined duo search the murky shadows of the past for the keys to unlocking the present and moving into a future filled with new hope and love. Readers will be swept into the sultry South in this debut novel from a promising and already award-winning writer.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Patricia Bradley says “Honoring God through my writing is top priority for this Mississippi Writer.

I am a Romantic Suspense writer living in the Deep South. My short-stories have been published in Woman’s World, and I have finished one book, Shadows from the Past which is set in Memphis and the surrounding area.

It has won several awards…the 2008 Maggie (Inspirational Category)…1st Place in the 2012 Touched By Love and Daphne du Maurier contests…finaled in the 2012 Genesis…bronzed in the Frasier.

Currently, I am working on a second book, Shadows of Love set in the same area but featuring different characters. And…I’m doing the unthinkable–writing a straight romance–who would’ve thought it’d be such fun?

MANDATORY ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. Oak Grove, the old home place in Shadows of the Past, was a station on the Underground Railroad. Many people aren't aware there were many such stations in the South. Do you think this was a difficult decision for the Martin family during that era?

2. Are you an e-book reader, strict want-to-feel-the-book-in-my hands reader, or somewhere in between? Why?

3. What book do your remember from childhood? Why did this book make an impact on you.

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING IS LAST DAY OF MONTH*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN  

Views: 831

Replies to This Discussion

I read both e-reader and book-in-my-hands. Whichever gives me a better deal for a book. I want to be able to read a lot of books and I can't afford to buy  books at full price and get a lot of books to read.

Kaylene and everyone else who has talked about the good deals readers get with e-readers. I so agree! And I like having so many titles to choose from when I'm traveling without having to figure out how to pack 5 or 6 books. Thanks everyone for your comments.

I use both an ereader and the real thing. I use the ereader mostly away from home and strictly for free books. I can't get myself to purchase what isn't "real." I love cluttered book shelves. I often buy used so I don't pay more than an ebook, but I still have something tangible for my money. :)

I read both Ebooks and paper books. It just depends on where I am. I do prefer a physical book, but I will read whatever I can get. The kindle is nice to throw in my purse..then I have many books with me, but have to remember to keep it charged! :)

I am both an ereader and a paper reader. But if I had to choose between the two, I would totally choose paper books. There is a convenience to having so many books in one place and I love all of the free books I can get on Amazon. But nothing can replace the feel and smell of a book. I love being able to flip open the pages and dive in. And my library looks better with real books. =)

1. I love reading about the underground railroad. I know this must have been a difficult decision for some people to make, especially ones with families. What they were doing was courageous but there was danger in being caught.

2. I live e-books and physical books both. I usually have one of each going. I read mostly physical books at home and e-books when I go somewhere.

The idea of using Oak Grove as part of the underground railroad came when I visited a friend in Maine who lived in a house built in the 1680s. Part of it had been an tavern at one time and the original flooring was still in place, even the steps that led to the basement where there was a room used to hide runaway slaves. Tunnels led from the basement to the harbor where the now freed slaves escaped to Canada.

Great book. And the history part is even better.

I think it would have been a very difficult decision to make at anytime. If they were found out they could have been arrested or even worse. They would have lost most of their friends.
I use my e-readers and the book-in-my-hands. My e-reader allows me to get a lot of free books to introduce me to new authors and saves space. If I want a certain authors book I will get the paper version. Usually I will get the paper book used except if I want a certain book signed then I pay full price. Thanks for the opportunity to enter the contest.

I am more of an e-reader, but if I see real book that looks interesting I will  still pick it up. I love the flexibility the e-reader gives me, I find it easier to take with me anywhere. I also love that with just the one item I have the option of more than one book.

I recently received an Amazon Kindle HD (won it from a publisher!). However, I primarily have been using it as a 'toy'! I still like the old-fashioned book, although I like tech in general. It's kind of weird! : )

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service