ABOUT AUTHOR:Amanda Flower,

an Agatha-nominated mystery author, started her writing career in elementary school when she read a story she wrote to her sixth grade class and had the class in stitches with her description of being stuck on the top of a Ferris wheel. She knew at that moment she’d found her calling of making people laugh with her words. Her debut mystery, Maid of Murder, was an Agatha Award Nominee for Best First Novel. She writes the Appleseed Creek Mystery Series for B&H and the India Hayes Mystery Series for Five Star. She also writes mysteries as Isabella Alan for NAL. In addition to being an author, Amanda is an academic librarian for a small college near Cleveland.

ABOUT BOOK: Welcome to Appleseed Creek, the heart of Ohio’s Amish Country, where life is not as serene as it seems.

While her Cleveland friends relocated to Southern California and Italy, 24-year-old computer whiz Chloe Humphrey moves with some uncertainty to Appleseed Creek to direct technology services at a nearby college. Her first acquaintance is Becky, an ex-Amish teenager looking for a new home.

While driving Chloe’s car, Becky collides with a buggy, killing an Amish elder. But what looks like an accident is soon labeled murder when police discover the car’s cut brake line.

Now, Chloe must take on the role of amateur sleuth to discover who the real intended victim was before the murderer makes a second attempt. Becky’s handsome Amish-turned-Mennonite brother, Timothy, a local carpenter, comes in handy along the way. With God’s help, they’ll solve the mystery that’s rocking this small community.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE CONTEST
Question #1:
The protagonist, twenty-four-year-old Chloe Humphrey, moves to Appleseed Creek in the middle of Ohio's Amish Country to take a job as the Director of Computer Services at a small college. When I was twenty-four years old, I moved to the middle of Ohio's Amish Country where the novel is set to take a job as a college librarian. Before moving there, I had never considered living in the country. The novel is inspired by that experience. Have you ever lived or been somewhere completely unexpected?

Question #2:
Other than the mystery itself, A Plain Death centers around an unlikely friendship between an high-tech woman, Chloe Humphrey, and a runaway Amish girl, Becky Troyer. These two women could not be more opposite in their upbringing. Some of my closest friends have been my opposites. My best friend when I was a child was the center of attention and I was shy. One of my best friends as an adult is logical and analytical while I'm a daydreamer. Why do you think these friendships work? Why are we drawn to people we could never possibly be? What's God's part in bringing friends together?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE @TBCN with your name and address - If we haven't heard from youanother winner will be picked.

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING JULY 21st*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN on or before JULY 30th.

Views: 583

Replies to This Discussion

I am a veteran and I was also a Navy wife.  I found myself in many unexpected places.  The best place was Guam.  The idea of going there was very scary, but after being there for a few months, I grew to love it there, and my apprehension was unfounded.

Chris, wow Guam. What an amazing experience. Thanks for your comment!

when I was 29 we moved to an Eastern European country. I am German and had lived in the US and Spain before but never in an ex-communist country. I was very reluctant to move and then those were some of the best years because we made tons of friends, learned that less can be more and enjoyed seeing a country evolving. Since then I have moved back to the US, back to Germany and now I am living in the US again. But that feeling of less is more never returned. And I really like it. So I have learned that every new experience can be greeted with non judgement because we really don't know what God wants us to learn from it. It is so much easier to enjoy new experiences when we don't  have prejudices against other cultures, countries. I have learned the lesson and keep it in my heart!

Susanne, That is so true! Thanks for stopping by!

I just heard I won your book.  Thank you!  I can't wait to read it!!

Becky, Congrats!! Enjoy!

I just found out that I won a copy of your book...AWESOME!!!  I can't get enough of Amish stories.  Thanks for giving me this opportunity to win!

Congrats! :)

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service