***** REVIEWS FOR WHITAKER HOUSE: HEALING OF THE HEART (SECRETS ON STERLING STREET #3) BY LOREE LOUGH - 20 PAPERBACKS (US ONLY) - ADDRESSES SENT 11.17.16

Sponsored by Whitaker House   #ad

ABOUT THE BOOK (272 pages):

Ruby McCoy is haunted by her father's sins.... When Ruby McCoy arrives in Fairplay, her ornate carriage is followed by an entourage who heft steamer trunks, hatboxes, and traveling bags into the hotel...where she has booked the entire second floor. Upon her notorious gangster father's death, the now–wealthy Ruby, hiding under her mother's maiden name, set out to right her father's wrongs. Ruby is determined to spend every penny of the inherited "blood money" on those who paid the price for her father's crimes.
Sheriff Rex Truett doesn't trust Ruby and doesn't care who knows it. The keeper of Fairplay's law and order makes it his business to find out why a stranger—especially a beautiful, spoiled, rich, female stranger—would set up businesses, donate to schools, hire workmen to rebuild houses, and provide access to the best medical care. But when a typhoid epidemic sweeps through the city, he is forced to reconsider.

Will Rex blame Ruby for her father's sins? Or will he accept the possibility that she is trying to create—and feel—the peace her father stole?

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Once upon a time, best–selling author Loree Lough literally sang for her supper, performing before packed audiences throughout the Midwest. Now and then, she blows the dust from her 6–string to croon a tune or two for her grandkids or to sing at weddings or funerals, but she mostly just writes. Over the years, her stories have earned hundreds of industry and Readers' Choice awards and 4– and 5–star reviews. Loree has nearly five million copies of her books in circulation, and in March 2014, she added her hundredth published book to the shelves. She has written fiction and nonfiction for kids and adults (2,500–plus articles and 68 short stories), and four of her novels have been optioned for movies.

PAPERBACKS  PAPERBACKS
Deana Dick Debra Lindquist
Holly Morris Kris Markovich
Susan P Jackie McNutt
Rachael Merritt Jacqueline Robertson
Robbi Bourne Lori Parrish
Donna McGinnis Nyla Kay Wilkerson
Paula Young Penny Marks
Lori Weller Victoria Pless
Vickie Jameson Pam Graber
Mary Arndt Trish Hedrick

Views: 118

Replies to This Discussion

You're welcome!! I love doing this!

Healing of the Heart by Loree Lough is a fantastic historical fiction romance that drew me into the book until I finished reading it!  The main characters are well developed from the beginning.  Going five years into the past during the first two chapters, the author shows details of their lives that has influenced them when the story begins in chapter 3.  Rex Truett is next door buying a suit in Baltimore, Maryland when his father is shot and killed by the Lundgren Gang.  Instead of taking the job as a banker, he decides to go into the police force so he can legally help track down the killer of his father.  Several years after Lundgren is caught and hung, Rex accepts a sheriff’s position in Fairplay, Colorado where he and his Aunt Mavis move.  Ruby McCoy and her mother, Cordelia have been living on an estate in Boston, Massachusetts under Cordelia’s maiden name McCoy so the society class will not know they are related to the outlaw, Verdell Lundgren.  Ruby and her mother receive word that her father, Verdell, has been caught and hung made her the beneficiary of his ill gotten money which he has invested wisely.  After giving her mother an allowance and taking them on several trips abroad, Ruby comes up with a way to try and pay retribution to the towns in which Lundgren and his gang stole, burned, murdered, and created chaos.  She helps to rebuild the towns without them knowing their benefactor and moves on to the next town.  Her last stop is Fairplay, Colorado.  Sheriff Truett is suspicious of the beautiful young lady do gooder who has remodeled and moved into the big mansion on the hill but can’t help develop feelings for her.  Ruby is falling for the sheriff, also, but she must pay for the sins of her father and does not feel worthy of receiving love from any man.   Can they make it together?  Can the sheriff forgive her for her lying and her fathering killing his dad?  Or must she keep it hidden? This story keeps your attention to the end of the book.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading the novel.  I received a copy from the author and publisher of The Book Club Network in exchange for an honest review.  I also posted reviews on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Deepershopping, Christian Books, and Goodreads.

I adored this book from the very first page. The characters alone were so well written that I wished I could meet them in real life! This author has a gift for smooth and captivating story telling.  Ruby feels immense guilt and cannot rest until she has tried to fix the sins of her father. Rex just wants a peaceful town and is convinced Ruby has something up her sleeve.  I didn’t like Ruby’s mom at first but boy did she grow on me! Another gift of this author to make us feel emotions towards the characters. The two little ones with Rex just stole my heart! I didn’t want this story to end at all. I now need to find other stories by this author and dig in! 

Amazon, B&N, Goodreads, Christianbook.com, 

RSS

25 KINDLE FIRE HD 8S -GIVEN AWAY BETWEEN SEPTEMBER AND CHRISTMAS

We will be announcing the details on our new promotion, the largest we have ever done:
25 Kindle Fire HD 8s given away between September and Christmas.

Watch for details!

Book Fun Catalog: Find NEW Books Here

Authors pay a fee to be included in this directory. #ad #paid ad

Click HERE for the entire Catalog

Luke the Slave and Physician

By Katheryn Maddox Haddad

Tidewater Summer 

By Jo Huddleston

The Nature Girl

by Karen Whiting

The Snowbound Bride By Davalynn Spencer

Chapel Springs Revival

By Ane Mulligan

We will be linking book covers here for a small fee. Contact Fred@bookfunmagazine.com for more information.

Christians Read Blog

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@thebookclubnetwork.com

© 2017   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service