***** REVIEWS FOR TYNDALE: MIND OF HER OWN BY DIANA LESHIRE BRANDMEYER - 30 PB (US ONLY) - ADDRESSES SENT 8-20-15

Sponsored by Tyndale:  #ad

ABOUT THE BOOK (352 pages): Who knew making dinner could change your life? Louisa Copeland certainly didn’t. But when the George Foreman grill falls out of the pantry onto her head, resulting in a bump and a mighty case of amnesia, Louisa’s life takes a turn for the unexpected. Who is this Collin fellow, claiming she is his wife? And whose kids are those? Her name can’t be Louisa. Why, she is the renowned romance writer Jazz Sweet, not a Midwestern mom of three. Struggling to put the pieces together of the life she’s told she had, Louisa/Jazz may realize that some memories are better left alone.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Christian author, Diana Lesire Brandmeyer, writes historical and contemporary romances. She's also written We're Not Blended-We're Pureed, A Survivor's Guide to Blended Families. Once widowed and now remarried she writes with humor and experience on the difficulty of joining two families be it fictional or real life.

PAPERBACKS PAPERBACKS
Pat Moore Kris Markovich
Deana Dick Jacqueline Robertson
Victoria Brinius Lori Weller
DM Webb Nyla Kay Wilkerson
Mary Whitcomb Lisa Johnson
Robbi Bourne Deanna Stevens
Amy C Connywithay
Donna McGinnis Tammi Cramer
Sarah Storm Pamela Morrisson
Debora Wilder Joan 
Nicki Olsen Galinda Barefoot
Janice Sisemore Connie Saunders
Mary Arndt Julie Barrett
Diane Higgins Marilyn Johnson
Charity L Victor Gentile

Views: 223

Replies to This Discussion

What a treat this book was. The author has captured a story that intrigued me so much I read the book in one day. It is very well written with great characters. The story is about Louisa Copeland, mother to three children and her husband Collin who is a very successful attorney. Louisa is almost to perfect of a housewife. She keeps things in perfect order and always has wonderful meals for the family. But not all is well between Louisa and Collin. They seem to be drifting apart and the perfect family life is not so perfect after all.

One day Louisa is preparing to make grilled chicken. She reachs high up in the pantry when Bam! It seemed to happen so fast, first she was grabbing for the grill and then finds herself in a hospital room with a strange man staring at her. Everyone keeps calling her Louisa and she is confused. Her name is Jazz and she writes inspirational stories and lives in Florida. What a dilemma she has gotten herself into. The doctor explains that she has a concussion and has temporarily lost her memory. Louisa is not happy when she finds out she is going home with this stranger who insists he is her husband. The adventure is on as two people try to re establish their relationship and bring their family back together.

The author has written such a charming story with laughter, tears, hope and secrets that could change everything. Will Louisa get her memory back ? As she tries to find her way back home , will Louisa and Collin fall in love all over again? When a hidden memory is revealed what impact will it have on Louisa? As I read the book, it made me think how precious life is and how we are all guilty at times of taking someone for granted. Thank you for writing such an inspiring story filled with a lesson we all need to be reminded of. Sometimes we need to appreciate what we have and cherish those moments more. What a sweet story that is written with compassion and second chances.

I received a copy of this book from BookClubNetwork for an honest review.
https://www.librarything.com/work/13504258/book/122410697
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1418449990
http://deana0326.blogspot.com/2015/10/mind-of-her-own-by-diana-lesi...
Review is also posted on Amazon, CBD and Deepershopping

Louisa Copeland tries to be the perfect wife and mother. The perfect housekeeper. But something is missing from her life. Louisa is not fun loving. She is dull and dresses in drab clothes until one day as she is preparing dinner her George Foreman grill drops on her head. When she wakes up she finds herself in the hospital and does not remember her husband, children or her life. She insists that she is Jazz Sweet. Who is Jazz and why is her personally so totally different from Louisa? Will Jazz find her way back to her family?
A unique, delightful and entertaining story with twists and turns, past heartaches, some laughter and romance.
Diana has done an excellent job in creating and writing this story. This was a quick and easy read. Makes you think how quickly your life can change when the unexpected happens.

I received a free copy of this book from bookfun.org for my honest opinion and review.

Review posted on goodreads, christianbook, deepershopping and amazon

You can't remember your former life, but you can remember your alter ego. You can't remember your husband or your children, but you can remember your dreams. This is what Louisa Copeland's life becomes as she is suddenly transformed into Jazz Sweet.

What I really like about this books is that it shows a dual plot. Not only does Louisa/Jazz try to remember, but she is also trying to forget. There are things in the past that many of us wish to forget and Louisa/Jazz gains that blessing. Blessing? Yeah, because this injury that caused her amnesia is also the healing ointment for her life. Playing it safe and being perfect isn't what will cut it in her new life.

Diana Brandmeyer did a great job at telling this story and the healing that comes between Louisa and Collin. I only wish some points were more detailed emotionally to really gain the fear that lurked around Jazz trying to remember who she was as Louisa and the fear of disappearing if Louisa came back.

It's an enjoyable read that I would recommend to anyone.

**I received this book by Tyndale through The Book Club Network.**

This book will touch your emotions, laughter, tears and an unusual love story.  Jazz wakes up in this hospital with a terrible headache.  Who is the man claiming to be her husband.  She's not married.  She's a famous author, not this Louisa that everyone is calling her.  Children?  Three at that.  She doesn't have any.  Why Louisa is a drab housewife.  Jazz is everything she's not.  Vibrant, loves to do things, she's an author - how could she be a wife and mother?

Colin is frustrated with Louisa thinking she is Jazz.  The children are confused.  Colin realizes this could be his chance to make his marriage better by being the husband that Louisa didn't have.   Then Jazz tries to make connections with this family, even making them go to church with her.

The action begins with the George Foreman grill falling on her head.  There is laughter, tears and Jazz's faith starts to influence her family.  There are enough ups and downs to keep you turning the page.  I thoroughly enjoyed the book and the characters will keep you chuckling and drying tears.  I highly recommend this book by Diana Lesire Brandmeyer. 

I received this book through bookfun.org to read and leave my honest opinion.   I left reviews on Good Reads, Amazon, Christian Fiction and Deeper Shopping.

This is a wonderful story were the woman is not happy with her life, has an accident.  When she wakes up in the hospital she has amnesia and is a whole different person.  Fun and exciting. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher through TBCN/BookFun in exchange for my honest review.

This review was posted to  Goodreads and  Amazon.

A Mind of Her Own by Diana Lesire Brandmeyer is a very delightful, original, and creative novel.  It captures the reader’s attention from the first page and is hard to put down.  Wife and mom, Louisa Copeland, is an organized and seemingly perfect woman.  One minute she is immersed in a romance novel, comparing the fictional couple’s exciting life to her own disappointing existence and wondering how it had gone so wrong.  Her husband Collin had accused her of not loving him enough, and she had banned him to the couch until he apologized.  It had been over a week since.  That morning her workaholic attorney husband had said that he would be home early for dinner—a rarity--so she planned to prepare a delicious dinner meant to lure him home earlier more often.  After all, she had the main responsibility of their three children, not to mention their giant dog, even on Saturdays when Collin had to have time to himself since he worked so hard the rest of the week.

Louisa decided on grilled chicken for dinner and balanced precariously, trying to reach the indoor grill on a shelf.  When she fell to the floor, the grill toppled onto her head, knocking her unconscious.  When she awakened from dreamy thoughts of the ocean and a wedding on the beach, a strange man was telling her that she was in the hospital, that she was his wife, and that they had three children, none of which sounded right to her.  She knew that she was Jazz Sweet, a successful and single romance author.  Having no memory of where she (Jazz) lived, she had no other option except to go home with Collin Copeland until her memory returned and her migraine headaches disappeared. 

As she explores the life of Louisa Copeland, wife to Collin and mother of three children, she discovers that their personalities and taste could not be any more different.  She cannot imagine how Louisa tolerates her routine, uneventful existence.  It is so far from what Jazz desires.  And Collin’s eyes are opened to the longings of Louisa’s heart, hidden away from him and buried deep inside her.  I highly recommend this book which is so well-crafted.  It does not disappoint.  I received this book through TBCN in exchange for an honest review.  (posted on Amazon, Good Reads, Christian Books, Deeper Shopping, Barnes & Noble, and Books-a-Million)

Many circumstances can challenge a family, but when the mom suffers from amnesia, the family is thrown into a tailspin!  Who is this new person, Jazz Sweet, who looks like Collin’s wife and the three children’s mom, Louisa Copeland, but is an entirely different woman - one they have never experienced before.

Louisa was the model middle class stay-at-home mom who seemed to have life under control, yet a bit too serious and uptight.  Collin, her husband, an attorney, worked many very long hours fighting his way up the ladder to partnership at the expense of his family time.  The three children each participated in their share of typical sibling rivalry and bickering which Louisa had to referee.

One bump on the head changed everything.  The mom that came home from the hospital was Jazz Sweet, who claimed she’d never been married and definitely did not have any kids!  Her outlook on life was more carefree and spontaneous which got her into many interesting predicaments!  Collin soon realized that this “new wife” was not dependable to care for the family.  She could not even cook!

This story will touch your heart, the reader, as you feel the many emotions of the entire family.  The author has developed the characters as if they were your best friends and you have an invested interest in their lives.  It was hard to put this book down until the last page.

I received this free book from Book Club Network in exchange for my honest review.  I’ve also posted the review on Amazon and Barnes and Noble websites.

"A Mind of her Own" by author Diana Lesire Brandmeyer is a 349 page Christian novel published by Tyndale House Publishers. On the cover is the picture of a frazzled female, sitting on a sofa, head in her hand with paper flying around as if she has just thrown them in the air.

This contemporary novel is the tale of Louisa Copeland who suffers a head injury. She wakes up in the hospital not knowing who or where she is. It is the story of her husband and children learning to live with this person who now thinks she is Jazz Sweet, a Christian romance novelist.

It is a story of second chances, hope forgiveness, and love. Even though it is a contemporary Christian romance novel, I personally did not find much Christian inspiration in it. It is definitely not a preachy, in your face inspiring story.

"Mind of Her Own" is the first thing I have read by this author. She used enough humor and mystery in her tale to make it enjoyable. Her storyline was well thought and I liked her writing style. Her characters were well rounded and relatable. The dialogue between them flowed smoothly. She added humor in places and briefly touched on deeper, more serious issues.

I would recommend these book for any adult contemporary romance lover. It was a little slow at the beginning but then took off at full speed. I rated it a 4 out of 5 stars. A copy was provided by the Book Club Network for my honest review. Reviews were posted on Amazon, B&N, cbd.com, Deepershopping, Goodreads, and The Book Club Network.

RSS

Book Fun Catalog: Find NEW Books Here

Authors pay a fee to be included in this directory. #ad #paid ad

Click HERE for the entire Catalog

Luke the Slave and Physician

By Katheryn Maddox Haddad

Tidewater Summer 

By Jo Huddleston

The Nature Girl

by Karen Whiting

The Snowbound Bride By Davalynn Spencer

Chapel Springs Revival

By Ane Mulligan

We will be linking book covers here for a small fee. Contact Fred@bookfunmagazine.com for more information.

Christians Read Blog

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@thebookclubnetwork.com

Contest 8/30/2016

1) Go Here, Join the group and leave a comment on the latest video (watch it first) 

2) Go Here Join this group Answer the questions in that discussion after looking through the study?

Email me at fred@bookfunmagazine.com 

Tell me what you completed.

Winners will be notified, here, during the chat the 3rd Monday of September which is the 19th

© 2017   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service