***** REVIEWS FOR KREGEL PUBLICATIONS: GOSPEL FORMED BY J.A. MEDDERS - 20 PB (US & CANADA) - ADDRESSES SENT 8-27-15

Sponsored by Kregel Publications:  #ad

ABOUT THE BOOK (200 pages):

A call to Christians to be caught up in the powerful whirlwind that is the gospel of grace.

Christianity is based on the foundation of the good news of the gospel. Yet how many Christians truly find their identity there? How many are thriving in a community clinging to the gospel? How many forget about the wondrous glory of Jesus? J. A. Medders is on a mission to help Christians remember that the power that raised Jesus from the dead is also the power for our everyday life in Christ.

Yet living a gospel-centered life does not always come easily. The biblical meditations in Gospel Formed help to kindle, or rekindle, the passion to live a grace-addicted, truth-filled, Jesus-exalting life by constantly driving the reader back to the power of the cross and the empty tomb. Funny, punchy, and theologically accessible, readers will be encouraged, challenged, and ultimately reoriented to the true North of Christianity―Christ Himself.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

J. A. Medders is the lead pastor at Redeemer Church (Acts 29) in Tomball, Texas. He has written for the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood, Gospel-Centered Discipleship, Church Leaders, and more. To read more from J.A. Medders, visit jamedders.com.

PAPERBACKS PAPERBACKS
Amy Smith Christie Hicks
Pat Moore Janice Sisemore
Heather Grover Diane Higgins
Deana Dick Amy Smelser
Janice Garey Jacqueline Robertson
Lina Kirychuk Kathy Schemmel
Sonnetta Jones Lori Parrish
Kim Napier Shannon Hogan
Ramona McDavid Nyla Kay Wilkerson
Melissa Finnegan Crystal Scott
Joan Boxell Mary Hake
Mary Whitcomb Connywithay
Lindsey Z L.Cherie Kasper
Tina Rice Mariah E

Views: 272

Replies to This Discussion

In this book J. A. Medders inspires Christians to actually live the Christian life as God intended us to.
I love this quote from page 38, "The Bible is a holistic ecosystem; all of its verses live one off of another."  We need to be "Bible-devouring" Christians if we really appreciate God's gift of grace and want to share it with others.  God's Gospel IS joy and it can be contagious.
The short, easy to read chapters lend themselves well to reading one each day as a devotional.  There are lots of great ideas shared here and I would recommend it.
I received a free copy from bookfun.org in exchange for an honest review. I have posted my review on Christian book.com, barnesandnoble, and booksamillion.

Review Title: Live in Christ, Him in You (review of Gospel Formed by J. A. Medders)
Reviewer: Janice S. Garey
***** 5 Stars posted on Amazon, Goodreads, Christianbook.com, Deepershopping, and my blog.

This book does an important service by explaining how to do life as the subtitle indicates: Living a Grace-Addicted, Truth-Filled, Jesus-Exalting Life. The author uses easy to understand expressions and infuses his writing with his American cultural awareness to engage the reader. Most chapters are short and designed for reading one per day.

As I read, I had a number of aha! moments. My eyes opened to a more positive and joyful understanding of some Scriptures. The pure focus on Jesus in the book gives great refreshment for those who may have gotten off on other tangents in their faith life.

The author relates how he went about busyness in the church for a number of years without really having it all centered on Jesus. He does not want others to be losing out on the main thing by getting sidelined on other things. This section will be helpful for those needing to reset their focus.

As an example of one aha! moment I experienced in my reading, the author explains how communion is a celebration and needs not be treated as a dreary event in church. Those receiving the bread and wine should be joyful for the new life in Christ. Remember Him in joy!

I also appreciated the author's writing about being missional in our own communities. We who have Christ in us are all evangelists. He explains that we need to rely on the power of the Holy Spirit to boldly share the gospel that we are reluctant to share in our own weakness.

This book contains so much more. I am thankful to the author, publisher, and bookfun.org for giving me the book in exchange for an honest review. I believe all Christians will be affected in a positive way by reading this book.

Gospel Formed, by J.A.
Medders.
Refreshing, devotions to keep Jesus at the for front of our minds and heart.
I loved reading this book, seeking and pursuing the gospel of Christ through the word.
I highly recommend it.
I received a copy of this book from the Book Club Network for my honest review.
Posted on Amazon, Christianbook, goodreads.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service