***** REVIEWS FOR CARPENTER'S SON PUBLISHING: THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO RUTH BY KEVIN FOSTER - 20 PAPERBACKS (US ONLY) - ADDRESSES SENT 11.18.16

Sponsored by Carpenter's Son Publishing   #ad

ABOUT THE BOOK (288 pages):

The Gospel According to Ruth: A Season of Harvest is an inspiring devotional that draws out many metaphors found in the story of Ruth, Naomi, and Boaz. Leaving Moab to return to Bethlehem was not a journey made with much hope but God drew them to Bethlehem His house of bread to provide for them and all the world. Filled with Scriptural applications, this harvest-themed devotional will guide your soul on a 121-day passage. There are four major divisions within this devotional that explores the Christian calling, the Christian labor, the Christian rest and finally, Christian marriage in the Lord.

This devotional study in the book of Ruth has over 1000 related bible verses. The seven major feast of Israel are surveyed along with the Promised Land from Bethlehem, Jericho, the Jordan River, the Dead Sea and the wilderness crossing. Both Old and New Testament stories intersect the cross of Christ and come alive on the pages of this book.
This devotional also has a companion 58-page pocket book titled, Poems from The Gospel According to Ruth, along with an unabridged audiobook.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Kevin Foster PA-C, NP, (Graduate of USC School of Medicine) is an award winning board-certified Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner. Before his medical career, he lived in Liberia, West Africa, with a medical missionary doctor who was a student of the Bible and a teacher of God’s Word. Kevin also attended the African Bible College (A.B.C.) and had a traveling film ministry. Kevin has traveled through the United States and sixteen countries as a part of a global skateboard, Bible-teaching ministry, speaking and teaching youth on the importance of loving God and living by the Word of God. Kevin has a compassionate heart toward his patients after surviving surgery for the removal of a brain tumor and cancer (lymphoma). When he’s not practicing medicine, he can be found spending time enjoying his wife and their four children, preaching, and teaching at churches, Bible studies, and small Deaf groups.

PAPERBACKS PAPERBACKS
Joan Nienhuis Charity L
Deana Dick Debra Lindquist
Holly Morris Jackie McNutt
Pamela Lauer Bob Kitchen
Victoria Brinius Lori Parrish
Sonnetta Jones Nyla Kay Wilkerson
Becky Penny Marks
Vickie Jameson Mary Hake
Mary Arndt Larry J Goodale
Amy Smelser Cheri Swalwell

Views: 75

Replies to This Discussion

I was really excited to get a chance to read The Gospel According to Ruth by Kevin Foster.  I enjoy his articles in Book Fun Magazine and was excited to read his indepth insights into a book of the Bible I wanted to study in depth.  I participated in a Bible study with this book and am glad I did.  The conversations shared made it that much more meaningful.

I was given this book for free in exchange for an honest review.  All opinions are solely mine. 

I have read the book and blogged my review:  http://bit.ly/2ih8Bfe

That blog posts to Facebook and Google+. I also placed reviews on Amazon, CBD, Deeper Shopping, and GoodReads.

Here is the text of my blogged review:

Foster had a personal revival in the fall of 2012. A few months later he was reading the Old Testament book of Ruth. God planted within him a fresh look at the book. Over the next year he gleaned spiritual insights from the book and recorded them here.

I am impressed with the lessons Foster has shared with us. I have read through the book of Ruth before and never realized there were so many lessons contained within it. There are 121 reading in this book, each one a good spiritual lesson from a part of Ruth's story.

Foster has done a good job of using the story of Ruth as an example of the message of the gospel. His devotions are generally based on a particular verse or two on the biblical story. On occasion Foster with add lessons related to the topic but not based on a particular verse.

Foster's book is a good example of how much spiritual truth is contained with the Bible, even when the passage is a narrative one.

You can read excerpts, find out more about the book and watch interviews with the author at http://www.ruthgospel.com/.

My rating: 4/5 stars.

Kevin Foster is a Bible teacher who studied at the African Bible College in Liberia. He is also an award winning Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner. He is an active Bible study teacher and speaker. He lives in the United States with his wife and their four children.

Carpenter's Son Publishing, 288 pages.

I received a complimentary copy of this book through The Book Club Network. My comments are an independent and honest review. 

I have been blessed lately with receiving several devotional books. They are different from each other but all draw from the Word of God. I like devotionals because they draw me deeper into the Bible and give me points to really think on. This particular devotional is centered around the story Ruth along with Naomi, and Boaz. It is well written and holds readers attention with scriptures and illustrations found in the Bible.

The devotional book is longer than others but it has a vast of wisdom and knowledge that seems to draw you in the book as you turn the pages. What is significant about the book of Ruth? There are so many nuggets of truths to keep reader's immersed in the devotional for an intimate time with God. I did like the discussion about marriages. It says on page 13, "Husband's, the decisions you make will be felt by your family long after death. Your decision has the ability to bless or curse." That sure is a big responsibility to take on but with guidance God can help husbands make good choices.

I have always heard that God sees and hears everything . Do we forget about that when we try to hide things that we know are wrong? It's funny how that slips our mind as we think about things not of God. As I taught a Sunday School class one day I gave this illustration to the 10 and 11 year old boys and girls. I asked them to think about what they had done over the weekend. Did they say things with their friends that hurt someone else? Were they disrespectful to their parents? As I continued I asked them if they knew Jesus was sitting right beside them during the last few days, would they have changed anything they did or said ? Would we change anything we do or say if we could see Jesus right beside us?

The book is filled with chapters that readers will find can be applied to their daily life. I liked how precise and thought provoking the author wrote. I would encourage readers looking for a book that helps you study scriptures and the book of Ruth with a fresh insight to grab a copy of this book.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Bookfun.org. The review is my own opinion .
https://www.librarything.com/work/18876978/book/137364719
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1858953095
http://deana0326.blogspot.com/2016/12/the-gospel-according-to-ruth-...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R27MRSVFHC8Z03/ref=cm_cr...
My review is also posted on CBD and Deepershopping.

The Gospel According to Ruth by Kevin Foster is a wonderful in-depth study of the book of Ruth. The story of Ruth is one of my favorites and every time I study it I find something new and amazing. Its great that this study is broken into devotionals. Its a deep study and deserves to be read slowly and carefully. The author does a great job of applying the scriptures to everyday life no matter who you are or what situation in life you find yourself in. It is an encouraging book and a great read!

I was given this book by Book Fun (The Book Club Network) in return for my honest review.

The Gospel According to Ruth by Kevin Foster is a great thought provoking read.  This is a 121 day devotional and most days starts out with a verse from the book of Ruth.  Foster then goes further into that analyzes the significance of each verse.  On those days that a verse is not provided he is providing information about the different feasts in that day or facts that help make the book of Ruth tie into different parts of the Bible.  He is very well versed in scripture because he will support a lot of his information with another stanza.  Finally, I really liked the Pick of the Crop found at the end of each day.  This was a quick summary of the day's lesson with a question or thought for you to ponder throughout the day.  I feel this would be a great small group study as well as an individual devotion. 

This book was provided free for an honest review from www.bookfun.org

“The Gospel According to Ruth,” by Kevin Foster, is a devotional study of the book of Ruth. The book has 121 devotions, for 121 days of worshiping God. This is not a fast, light read. This is a deep look at scripture, worthy of spending some time pondering each reading.

There is a short scripture verse or two in each devotion (mostly from the book of Ruth), an explanation from the author, and a “Pick of the Crop” at the end. Most of the devotions are about a page and a half long. Foster has a wisdom of scripture, and does a good job of sharing it with the reader!

I received this book from The Book Club Network in return for my honest review. This review is posted at Amazon, CBD, DeeperShopping and Goodreads.

This incredible Bible study is presented as 121 devotions based on the book of Ruth. The author does a magnificent job of pulling out details and relating them to other Bible passages. I learned so much and appreciated the insights shared. I think this would be a great tool for pastors and Bible study leaders. The offerings are divided into four sections just as there are four chapters in Ruth, showing the progression of the story and the relationship. I highly recommend this book, which is not your typical devotional. I received this book through Book Fun Club. All opinions are my own.

Posted on FB, Amazon, BAM, CBD, BnN.

RSS

Book Fun Catalog: Find NEW Books Here

Authors pay a fee to be included in this directory. #ad #paid ad

Click HERE for the entire Catalog

Luke the Slave and Physician

By Katheryn Maddox Haddad

Tidewater Summer 

By Jo Huddleston

The Nature Girl

by Karen Whiting

The Snowbound Bride By Davalynn Spencer

Chapel Springs Revival

By Ane Mulligan

We will be linking book covers here for a small fee. Contact Fred@bookfunmagazine.com for more information.

Download Our Toolbar

Find your favorite Links in one place! Download TBCN Toolbar and help support us!

Get our toolbar!

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@thebookclubnetwork.com

Contest 8/30/2016

1) Go Here, Join the group and leave a comment on the latest video (watch it first) 

2) Go Here Join this group Answer the questions in that discussion after looking through the study?

Email me at fred@bookfunmagazine.com 

Tell me what you completed.

Winners will be notified, here, during the chat the 3rd Monday of September which is the 19th

© 2017   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service