***** REVIEWS FOR AUTHORHOUSE: NICKERBACHER: THE FUNNIEST DRAGON BY TERRY JOHN BARTO - 30 PAPERBACK (US ONLY) AND 1 EBOOK (ALL) - ADDRESSES SENT 8-20-15

Sponsored by AuthorHouse.  #ad

ABOUT THE BOOK: (34 pages)

"Dragon" You Along On A Comical Tale!  Children's Book Celebrates Fulfilling Your Dreams.
Dragons are magical. Some are ferocious, and some are friendly, but whatever kind of dragon it is, we love reading about them and their incredible adventures. Nickerbacher wants to make his family proud of him, but he doesn't want to be like all the other dragons. He's afraid to tell his papa that there are enough dragons to guard princesses. Will Nickerbacher abide by his dragonly duty or follow his dream of being a stand-up comedian?

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Before writing his debut children's book, Terry John Barto directed and choreographed more than 200 regional theater productions. In addition, he was the creative mind behind numerous television and cruise ship live shows throughout the world. When Terry John Barto was employed as the creative director for Wings of Dreams Productions, he worked with many diverse ideas and turned them into screenplays for animated films. He also used his experience to help artists develop popular action figures and dolls for several large retailers. Terry lives in Los Angeles, California and enjoys Pilates, Yoga, and hiking with his dachshunds, Hunter and Mazie.

Gollywood, Here I Come! is a children's books about movie stars, who happen to be turkeys. At its heart, the story leaves young readers with the positive message, "You can do anything if you work hard and never give up."

PAPERBACKS PAPERBACKS EBOOKS
Brenda Casto Janice Garey Mary Whitcomb
Tammi Cramer Victoria Brinius
Joan  Susan P
Karen Dean Kim Napier
Tima Murrell DM Webb
Nora St. Laurent Virginia Winfield
L. Cherie Kasper Amy C
Carrie Gould Donna McGinnis
Connie Saunders Deborah Haggerty
Cheri Swalwell Gee Dixon
Jackie McNutt Heather Bireley
Darlene Bochman Penny Marks
Nyla Kay Wilkerson Amy Smelser
Mary Ann Hake Sharee
Connywithay Kris Markovich

Views: 440

Replies to This Discussion

Nickerbacher, The funniest Dragon was a cute story with a meaning of obedience. Nickerbacher's job was to guard the Princess Gwendolyn, as his Papa wanted him to. His desire was to be a stand-up comedian and would tell his jokes to the Princess.

Will he get to be the stand-up comedian like he has always desired?

This book was a very short read and any one from the age of 3-99 would enjoy it. It allows you to step into another world. 

Thanks, Terry, Cheri, & Fred, for this book. Here is my review:

Nickerbacher, The Funniest Dragon

“It doesn’t matter what I think. It’s what you know in your heart that matters,” Nickerbacher is told in Terry John Barto’s children’s book,  Nickerbacher: The Funniest Dragon.

Complete review: https://connywithay.wordpress.com/2015/08/28/nickerbacher-the-funni...

This review will be posted on Book Fun Network and Amazon with links on Bookfun.org, Godinterest, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter.

Hi Conny,

Thanks for the review! Here's some information on the Illustrator. 

Kim Sponaugle, a graduate or the Art Institute of Philadelphia, started Pictures Kitchen Studios in 2007 and since has illustrated over 50 books for kids. Pictures Kitchen Studios has been honored to receive numerous awards including Mom's Choice, Pinnacle Book Award, CIPA EVVY and Reader's Favorite Awards. Visit http://www.picturekitchenstudio.com

Also, the Activity Kit doesn't come with the book but it can be downloaded at http://www.nickerbacher.com/activities/

Just want to clarify that so people ordering the book on-line won't be expecting it to come with the book.

Within the first pages Nickerbacher has the reader laughing with corny, "punny" jokes.

This children's books is a lighthearted read sure to hold their attention to the end. In a humorous way the story teaches that a person should follow his or her dream despite what another person says. All you have to do is believe in yourself.

Even though the book supports the idea of doing what makes you happy, I advise Christian parents to explain the doing what makes you happy and doing your duty can go hand-in-hand; and that doing what make you happy should be in alignment with God's will; but, in a child's view, following your dreams will mean believing you can do and be what you desire and to not be afraid to pursue it.

The activity book that came in conjunction with the Nickerbacher: The Funniest Dragon was an added bonus. Mind strengthening puzzles and activities offer parents a chance to have a child analyze the book in a fun way.

Thank you for the review.

By the way,  the Activity Kit is something I printed up to send the reviewers... it doesn't come with the book but it can be downloaded at http://www.nickerbacher.com/activities/

Just want to clarify that so people ordering the book on-line won't be expecting it to come with the book.

I really appreciate your review. Just to let you know that the activity book is something I printed up to send the reviewers... it doesn't come with the book but it can be downloaded at http://www.nickerbacher.com/activities/

Nickerbacher, The Funniest Dragon is just that. He loves to joke and tell funny stories, but, he is supposed to be guarding the fair Princess Gwendolyn. That's what dragons do, guard Princesses. So, like a dutiful son, Nickerbacher guards the Princess, all the while telling her his jokes. She enjoys them so much she encourages him to follow his dream. But can he, will he, or will he stick to what his father wants him to do.
This book may be for 5-8 yr. olds, but I thought it was the funniest, cutest book ever. I already have plans for how I'm going to share it.
I thought the writing was superb and the content excellent, love stories with a lesson to learn in it. I would recommend this book to all mothers to share with their little ones.
I received this book in exchange for an honest opinion.

I left reviews at Goodreads, Facebook,  and Amazon. CBD and Deeper Shopping did not have the book.

I loved it :) I posted review on Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. My review name is Penny Marks but FB is Penny Burns Marks. Twitter is soccer_dog1 and Pinterest is Penny Marks
Thank you so much for letting me review for you.

Thanks Penny... I'm so glad you love our book.  

The activity worksheets is something I printed up to send the reviewers... it doesn't come with the book but it can be downloaded at http://www.nickerbacher.com/activities/

Just wanted to mention that so that people buying the book don't think it will come with the book.

Deb’s Dozen: The Dragon, Princess, and Prince: A Comedian, Runaway Bride, and Baseball Player?

Nickerbacher, the Dragon, had a huge problem. His father had assigned him to guard the princess. But Nickerbacher didn’t want to guard the princess—and the princess didn’t want guarding. Nickerbacher wanted to be a stand-up comedian—but who ever heard of a dragon who was a comedian? So Nickerbacher practices his jokes on the princess—“Why did I cross the road?” “Because I was a-draggin’.”

Princess Gwendolyn wanted to run away with Prince Happenstance (whom Nickerbacher promptly called Prince FancyPants). What should they do? What could they do? Did they have the courage to reach for their dreams? When the Prince comes to get the Princess, Nicherbacher tries out his jokes on him. The prince tells Nickerbacher he’s supposed to scare princes, not make them laugh.

Gwen convinces Nickerbacher to tell his father he wants to be a stand-up comedian—that didn’t go well! Nickerbacher finds out Prince Happenstance wants to be a baseball player, but he was born a Prince—that doesn’t go well either. What to do? Where to go? What about their obligations?

Terry John Barto has written a delightful children’s story about following your dreams—about daring to dream—about living your dreams and about having the courage to stand up to opposition. Children of all ages will appreciate this story about the dragon, the princess, and the prince. The illustrations by Kim Sponaugle greatly add to the enjoyment of the story. In addition to the book, Barto has an activity pack that complements the book available on his website, http://www.nickerbacher.com/activities/. You and your child will enjoy the antics of Nickerbacher. Four stars!

Terry John Barto is a director and choreographer of regional theater productions, television, industrials, and cruise ship shows. He’s honed many different ideas into great stories, has written screenplays for animation features, and has led a team of artists to develop dolls and action figures to go along with the stories.

Book Fun Magazine gave me a copy of Nickerbacher, the Funniest Dragon in exchange for my candid review.

Nickerbacher thought he was stuck in the traditional role of dragons: protecting princesses. He wanted to be a stand-up comic but he was afraid to tell his father. When a prince comes along he encourages Nickerbacher to tell his family. When he does, it changes Nickerbacher and the prince's lives.

Such a great story about not giving up dreams and the illustrations, by Kim Sponaugle, are so colorful and attention-grabbing.

This is the second book by Terry John Barto. He has a name in the entertainment world, so he knows about helping others with their dreams.

I was given this book by bookfun.org in exchange for my honest review.

I posted this review on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Goodreads and my blog: http://ksnapier.blogspot.com/2015/09/childrens-book-review-nickerba...

I thoroughly enjoyed Nickerbacher: The Funniest Dragon by Terry John Barto.  What a great book about perseverance, finding something you love and pursuing it, and encouraging others in their pursuit of a dream.

I read this with my six-year-old and not only did he enjoy picking out words he could read, but he loved the names of the characters, the pictures that drew him in closer to me while we read, and the story itself. 

This is a wonderful book for children.  A light read with depth layered in, this will be a favorite for years to come.

I received this book for free from The Book Club Network in exchange for my honest review.  I have posted this review on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Goodreads, and Deeper Shopping.

RSS

Book Fun Catalog: Find NEW Books Here

Authors pay a fee to be included in this directory. #ad #paid ad

Click HERE for the entire Catalog

Luke the Slave and Physician

By Katheryn Maddox Haddad

Tidewater Summer 

By Jo Huddleston

The Nature Girl

by Karen Whiting

The Snowbound Bride By Davalynn Spencer

Chapel Springs Revival

By Ane Mulligan

We will be linking book covers here for a small fee. Contact Fred@bookfunmagazine.com for more information.

Christians Read Blog

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@thebookclubnetwork.com

Contest 8/30/2016

1) Go Here, Join the group and leave a comment on the latest video (watch it first) 

2) Go Here Join this group Answer the questions in that discussion after looking through the study?

Email me at fred@bookfunmagazine.com 

Tell me what you completed.

Winners will be notified, here, during the chat the 3rd Monday of September which is the 19th

© 2017   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service