SEPTEMBER 2012 - FEATURED AUTHOR DAN WALSH - THE REUNION 5 Book Giveaway

ABOUT AUTHOR: DAN WALSH.  I was born in Philadelphia in 1957 (guys don't care if you know) to a mostly blue-collar, hard-working Irish family. My Dad was the first person on either side of the family to earn a college degree. It took him nine years, working during the day, going to college at night, using the GI Bill from his war days in Korea. In the mid-sixties, General Electric hired him as an engineer for the Apollo space program. We packed up and moved to Florida, which is really where I grew up.

I spent my childhood years playing basketball and surfing. In the spring of my senior year in high school I met the woman who would become my wife, Cindi. We dated for a brief period. I asked her to marry me and, to my great surprise, she said yes. We were married near the end of 1976. We have two children, now grown.

The desire to write novels first began in high school. But I didn't have the time to pursue this passion until 2007. To find out more, visit my website at www.danwalshbooks.com

ABOUT BOOK: There are people in this world we pass right by without giving a second thought. They are almost invisible. Yet some of them have amazing stories to tell, if we'd only take the time to listen . . .

Aaron Miller was an old, worn-out Vietnam vet, a handyman in a trailer park. Forty years prior, he saved the lives of three young men in the field only to come home from the war and lose everything. But God is a master at finding and redeeming the lost things of life. Aaron is about to be found. And the one who finds him just might find the love of his life as well.

Expert storyteller Dan Walsh pens a new tale filled with the things his fans have come to love--forgiveness, redemption, love, and that certain bittersweet quality that few authors ever truly master. Fans old and new will find themselves drawn into this latest story about how God cares for everyone.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING.

1. Has anyone lived in a trailer park? What did you like about it most?

2. Anyone know of or has family that was in the Vietnam War? Do they talk about their experiences there? If so what do they say?

3. Ever think you know about a situation but when you investigated it turned out not to be where you thought in the beginning? If so, what was the situation?

********DISCLAIMER:Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the enterer in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway is an author sponsored event and open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is sponsored by the author and is in no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.
Winners will have 2 days to respond to UPDATE YOUR PROFILE to include your name and address - If we haven't heard from you about updating your profile. another name will be picked. If your info is all CORRECT - DO NOTHING - YOU ARE ALL SET!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING SEPT 21st.

Views: 1189

Replies to This Discussion

My father was in the military during Vietnam, though he never went overseas. Recently, we visited the Vietnam Memorial Traveling Wall, and he spoke some words that really shot to my heart. He said, "There but by the grace of God am I." I'll never forget his voice saying that or when he tried to remember the name of a friend who had died and could not. He was really upset about that.

My father-in-law was career military so he served many tours during Vietnam. He doesn't talk a lot about his experiences but I know he received several accommodation while there. He just says he was doing his job for his country. He loves his country and to this day says he would still fight for it if he could.

My boyfriend was shot in Vietnam and lost several friends there. Very sad. He talks most about the negative reaction he got when he returned to The States. Very sad

My first house was a brand new single wide and I sold it 6 months later for more than I paid for it.

Sadly Jean, this happened to thousands of young men back then, still struggling now in their 60s.

Question #2 Yes, I do know of someone who was in the Vietman War but they did not talk about it with me. My father on the other hand was both a soldier and a airman pilot in WW2 and he did talk about it with us kids. I think that there was a big difference in how hte public viewed those 2 wars....which did affect how the soldiers dealt with their experiences.

Lived in a trailer park at Ft. Knox, KY for a short time in 1946. I was a child and was seeing my father for the first time after WWII so my focus wasn't on where we were living.

I don't think vets of any war really can talk about what they saw and experienced. I was a teenager and then a college student during the Vietnam years. My whole generation was affected- obsession with draft numbers, conscientious objecting, protests rallies, and war atrocities on the news every night--Then the soldiers returning home to a country that never thanked them, post tramatic stress disorder, nightmares and other residue of the horrors they had seen. My friends whose husbands served would tell of the difficulty of adjusting to civilian life, mood swings and night terrors. Sadly, from what we are hearing our soldiers today are returning from our current wars suffering from PTSD and a high suicide rate. Hopefully, we can treat them with more understanding and help than the Vietnam vets found.

Chris, other than the fact that the public now respects the returning vets, I do think this generation of war veterans are experiencing some of the same kinds of trauma the Vietnam guys did.

I lived in a beautiful trailer park when my two oldest daughters were small.....we had a 1/2 acre lot and there was a paved road, playground, inground swimming pool, and a gas station/store right in front of our home on the main highway. I would put the girls in a double-seat stroller and go walking every day. We had wonderful neighbors. nice place....people have some negative misconceptions about "trailer parks" which aren't always true!

I have lived in several trailer parks. Some made it easy when we moved around with my husbands job. We always made new friends and enjoyed where we lived, and were able to settle in quickly on another job. Most times were for long periods tho. I live in one now tho that I'm not happy with out of neccessity. Can't afford the high prices of rent in a house or apts. But, with GOD's help I'm doing fine.
One of my brothers served in Vietnam. I never heard him talk about but very much.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service