ABOUT AUTHOR: Melody Carlson has written around 200 books for teens, women and children. That's a lot of books, but mostly she considers herself a "storyteller." Her books range from serious issues like schizophrenia (Finding Alice) to lighter topics like house-flipping (A Mile in My Flip-Flops) but most of the inspiration behind her fiction comes right out of real life. Her young adult novels (Diary of a Teenage Girl, TrueColors etc.) appeal to teenage girls around the world. Her annual Christmas novellas become more popular each year. She's won a number of awards (including the Rita and Gold Medallion) and some of her books have been optioned for film/TV. Carlson has two grown sons and makes her home in the Pacific Northwest with her husband and yellow Lab dog. To find out more about Melody Carlson, visit her website at http://www.melodycarlson.com/

ABOUT BOOK: 

Rachel Milligan is caring for her seven-year-old niece, Holly, at her home in Chicago when she receives devastating news: Holly's parents have been killed in a plane crash. Because Rachel is Holly's only known relative, she assumes that she will be her beloved niece's guardian. However, custody is awarded to Lydia, a distant aunt who happens to be Amish. Just a week before Christmas, Rachel takes Holly to the Amish community in the hopes of persuading Aunt Lydia to relinquish custody. Instead, Lydia sets out to teach Holly to live according to the Amish way. As family secrets emerge and old wounds are healed, Rachel realizes that she will do whatever it takes to ensure that Holly has the loving family she needs.

MANDATORY ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. What’s your favorite time and place to read?

2. Describe what you think is the perfect setting and time period for a Christmas story.

3. What is your favorite kind of Christmas present to give?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING IS LAST DAY OF MONTH*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN  

Views: 272

Replies to This Discussion

1. Favorite time to read is in the evening after the kids go to bed, curled up on the couch.

3. Favorite gift to give is something I made, fleece blankets and crocheted afgans.

My favorite Christmas gift is spending calm relaxing time with family. Of course a gift I most enjoy opening is a good book. A book is like an ongoing surprise, with each page you turn there is another gift to enjoy.

1. My favorite time to read is bedtime.  Often I get lost in the story and stay awake way too late!

I treasure any present that is homemade or that comes from the heart, so when I give a present I try to make a homemade gift. I have made socks, sweaters, dishcloths and dishtowels and bathmats in the past years. This year I am making a sweater for my husband and my son and a scarf for my daughter-in-law. Plus many baby things for my new grand daughter.

3. I like to give gift books for Christmas. I have a friend who likes cats. I've given her a small gift book filled with cats and quotes.

My favorite place and time to read.......anywhere and any time!!!  If I have to go somewhere I take my book with me and read while I'm waiting...for example....doctor's office, picking my daughter from school, waiting for someone to meet me somewhere....I can be watching tv and grab it and read between commercials!  I also have a "reading chair" in my bedroom where I can actually just sit back and read when I have "free" time!!  Did I mention that I LOVE to read?!!!  :)

Quest. 1--I love to read in my cozy chair during my youngest child's naptime. :)  And I also love to read before going to bed at night.

I love to read on the beach, early afternoon.

I don't know that I have a favorite place, I'll read pretty much anywhere or time.

I tend to prefer contemporary settings, so I would have to say that.

I like when I can make a gift.

1. favorite time to read is in the evening on the couch

2.  perfect setting is snowy day close to Christmas

3.  favorite gift is homemade

I love to sit on the couch in my living room to read.  I love when the children go to bed and I can just curl up on the couch and read.  The only problem is I get so involved in my story I forget about going to bed.lol  The next morning I manage to get through by a lot of coffee. 

1. My favorite time to read is when it is quiet and I can focus.

2. The perfect setting for Christmas is of course snow covered! Sleigh rides.

3. I love to give gifts that have some thought behind them. Gift cards are a last minute or for someone I just don't know what to get.

RSS

25 KINDLE FIRE HD 8S -GIVEN AWAY BETWEEN SEPTEMBER AND CHRISTMAS

We will be announcing the details on our new promotion, the largest we have ever done:
25 Kindle Fire HD 8s given away between September and Christmas.

Watch for details!

Book Fun Catalog: Find NEW Books Here

Authors pay a fee to be included in this directory. #ad #paid ad

Click HERE for the entire Catalog

Luke the Slave and Physician

By Katheryn Maddox Haddad

Tidewater Summer 

By Jo Huddleston

The Nature Girl

by Karen Whiting

The Snowbound Bride By Davalynn Spencer

Chapel Springs Revival

By Ane Mulligan

We will be linking book covers here for a small fee. Contact Fred@bookfunmagazine.com for more information.

Christians Read Blog

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@thebookclubnetwork.com

© 2017   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service