ABOUT AUTHOR: ANN H. GABHART,the author of several bestselling novels, has been called a storyteller, not a bad thing for somebody who never wanted to do anything but write down stories. She’s published twenty-six novels for adults and young adults with more stories on the way. She keeps her keyboard warm out on a farm in Kentucky where she lives with her husband, Darrell. They have three children, three in-law children, and nine grandchildren. To find out more about Ann or her books visit www.annhgabhart.com. Check out her blog, One Writer’s Journal, www.annhgabhart.blogspot.com or follow her on Facebook, www.facebook.com/AnnGabhart , Twitter, https://twitter.com/AnnHGabhart , or Pinterest, http://pinterest.com/annhgabhart/.  

ABOUT BOOK: It is 1864 and the nation is still torn apart by civil war when Heather Worth discovers she is with child. She has been working as a laundress with her husband's army unit, but when the army gets orders to march south to Tennessee, Gideon insists Heather go home to have their child under safer conditions. Heather agrees, but returns home to another kind of devastation--deaths in the family and a father who refuses to forgive her for marrying a Yankee. With nowhere else to turn, Heather seeks refuge at the Shaker village of Harmony Hill, where her great aunt Sophrena lives. There, after many peaceful years at Harmony Hill, Sophrena is having doubts about her Shaker path. Both women are in need of love and forgiveness--whether given or received. With Christmas coming, can the miracle of new life fill their hearts with unexpected joy?
Ann H. Gabhart's many fans will be thrilled to return to Harmony Hill at Christmastime for this stirring story of healing and hope.

MANDATORY ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. One of the questions I answered was what I liked best about the Christmas season. Now it’s your turn. What do you love most about Christmas or Christmas Day?

2. With Christmas coming, Heather finds herself in a very unusual place as she awaits the birth of her baby. Have you ever been in an unusual place to celebrate Christ’s birth on Christmas Day or celebrated in an untraditional way?

3. In case I someday decide to write another Christmas novella, what one ingredient do you think every Christmas story should have? What do you like best about reading Christmas stories? 

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING IS LAST DAY OF MONTH*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN  

Views: 513

Replies to This Discussion

I love the smells of the Christmas season. The pine trees, the food cooking, cookies baking. The beautiful white snow that hides all the ugly dirt-reminds me of Christ covering my sins. Christmas is a time to reflect and remember why we are Christians.

What beautiful thoughts, Debbie. When we trust in Jesus, we are washed white as snow, aren't we? So glad you shared what you like about Christmas with us. There are so many wonderful odors of Christmas that take us back to Christmases past. Good memories and times to reflect as you way.

I love being with my family & just enjoying each other at Christmas.  Everything is cold outside, but warm & cozy & peaceful inside :)

A peaceful, cozy Christmas sound wonderful, Anita. Enjoy!

We always went to my Grandparents house Christmas Day, cousins, Aunts, Uncles, etc.  Now that they are no longer here I have begun my own tradition with my family. My parents and siblings come to my house for a big Christmas lunch (which sometimes last until dinner!!)  We also have a stack of Christmas movies that we like to watch....Home Alone, Charlie Brown Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Elf, the Santa Clause movies with Tim Allen, Santa Buddies, etc.  My girls sing Happy Birthday to baby Jesus on Christmas Day!

Christmas traditions do have to change for us as we grow older. I'm sure your family will treasure the memories you're making at your Christmas lunches. We used to do a Christmas breakfast here, but the kids live too far away now. Now our tradition is just to find a day to get together and enjoy the festivities even if that isn't on Christmas day. The movie time sounds fun too, and we sing Happy Birthday to Jesus at our church on the Sunday closest to Christmas.

Christmas is such a special time. I always look forward to spending it with family. When my children were home they would take activities and say that we did it the previous year so that now it is a tradition. So a typical Christmas Eve would be to have Chowder and pizza, then go to Christmas Eve service, then see the lights in a nearby town, then, if it wasn't too late we would go to a movie.

In the morning, while my husband was showering, we would have a scavenger hunt for the children. The ultimate clue led them to a gift that was inspired by the season, such as a nativity, or an ornament with the star or another symbol of God's love.

I love everything surrounding the day of Christ's birth and I love to celebrate it in many different ways.

I love that scavenger hunt idea, Kimberly. We used to do scavenger hunts when I was a kid, but never Christmas themed. Just for fun. Christmas is a time for love, isn't it?

Quest. 1--  I love to watch the excitement on my kids' faces as they open their gifts!

I'm with you, Amanda. Christmas gifts are just more fun when there are kids involved.

The old, old story that somehow never gets old, right, Paula. Actually if you can find it, Marjorie Holmes wrote a book about Mary and Joseph years ago, Two from Galilee, published in 1982. I enjoyed it when I read it back then. But the time would probably be right for a new book with all the Biblical fiction being published now and there may be a book recently published that I don't know about. 

Always fun to see your comments, Paula.

I love the smells of Christmas and the music!

RSS

Book Fun Catalog: Find NEW Books Here

Authors pay a fee to be included in this directory. #ad #paid ad

Click HERE for the entire Catalog

Luke the Slave and Physician

By Katheryn Maddox Haddad

Tidewater Summer 

By Jo Huddleston

The Nature Girl

by Karen Whiting

The Snowbound Bride By Davalynn Spencer

Chapel Springs Revival

By Ane Mulligan

We will be linking book covers here for a small fee. Contact Fred@bookfunmagazine.com for more information.

Christians Read Blog

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@thebookclubnetwork.com

Contest 8/30/2016

1) Go Here, Join the group and leave a comment on the latest video (watch it first) 

2) Go Here Join this group Answer the questions in that discussion after looking through the study?

Email me at fred@bookfunmagazine.com 

Tell me what you completed.

Winners will be notified, here, during the chat the 3rd Monday of September which is the 19th

© 2017   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service